Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Possible MCC Reach achievements

OP Buckley007

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Since Reach was announced for MCC, I am assuming it will come with a slew of new achievements. I’m predicting 100 to bring the MCC up to an even 700.

So obviously we will have an achievement with each level completion, completing the game on LASO and beating the game on legendary in under 3 hours.

Feel free to speculate on other achievements or ones you would like to see.
Add a LASO and Speed run achievement for Reach. Now that you can no longer share LASO achievements we can separate the people who did LASO legit from the people who got it from someone else.
If they came to hear me beg again. Not looking forward to doing it but it would be nice to get that achievement again.
You want a LASO for Reach, sounds like you don't want to keep your sanity.
I hope they don’t add laso. No original version has laso as a achievement neither does halo 5. Doesn’t make sense why they added them to TMCC when they don’t exsist in any other version of halo. Just want them to keep it as close to the original list as possible. Sure not every achievement will be possible to port over but damn why laso when it doesn’t even exsist in halo 5 which was released after TMCC
If there adding achievements then I'd rather stick to the legendary achievements, avoid adding LASO or 3 hour achievements because those are kind of exhausting...it's bad enough trying to figure out how I'm supposed to do the same for H1,2.
I’d prefer if rewards for LASO and speed runs were isolated to in-game rewards such as nameplates or a badge on Waypoint. I don’t think a good achievement should require players to find and exploit glitches to unlock. I was never a fan of having the speed run and LASO achievements in the current list even though they are something unique. Otherwise, a rehash of the original Reach list with a few Easter egg achievements like what we have now would be a perfect way to enjoy the game all over again. Save for the LASO / speed run achievements, MCC’s list is spectacular.
I like Easter egg type achievements. Hope they add them.
Ill be fine with laso assuming the playlist reset issue is fixed. I haven't kept up with that honestly since somewhat after launch. My laso playlists reset 2x in on ce and 2.

Beyond that, I fully expect each level, completing on all difficulties. Fun level specifics. Would be nice having a legendary then also a solo legendary.
CHRIS673 wrote:
I like Easter egg type achievements. Hope they add them.
They definitely need to add one where you see master Chief on the pillar of autumn. Maybe one where you hunt down the invisible elite in the first part of the first mission?

I knew LASO would get a lot of hate, but since the other games in the collection have it (including ODST) they might as well add it. LASO isn’t that bad if you have a good teammate and work together.
Add a LASO and Speed run achievement for Reach. Now that you can no longer share LASO achievements we can separate the people who did LASO legit from the people who got it from someone else.
Does that really matter? If you got it legit that's great but it's not like you're getting anything special from 343 or a shout out for getting the laso achievements legit.If I recall you were also one of the people who gave me crap for asking people if they would share the checkpoints with me
ronnie42 wrote:
If there adding achievements then I'd rather stick to the legendary achievements, avoid adding LASO or 3 hour achievements because those are kind of exhausting...it's bad enough trying to figure out how I'm supposed to do the same for H1,2.
3 hr chievements aren't terrible especially for halo 3,odst,and 4 because you can do 4 player co op,I'll agree about halo 1 and 2 though
I can't wait for more achievements (although I'm still slowly working on initial MCC achievements to get my 100% Halo Gamerscore on Waypoint). Speaking of which, Waypoint really needs to fix the Halo Wars Definitive edition glitch of not adding it to Gamerscore, and it should also list out each game and achievement status like Waypoint of old (looooooved the old tracking soooo much better back in day with Bungie) did.
Does that really matter? If you got it legit that's great but it's not like you're getting anything special from 343 or a shout out for getting the laso achievements legit.If I recall you were also one of the people who gave me crap for asking people if they would share the checkpoints with me
I can understand where he is coming from, the laso achievements are something worth getting and a "fun" challenge. But also it can be a pain for many as not everyone can get it so i understand your pov.

Honestly though, im not 100% clean on my end for checkpoint stuff. i did use the checkpoint for ce and 2 after both playlists were reset 2x each and was about to break something.
I can understand where he is coming from, the laso achievements are something worth getting and a "fun" challenge. But also it can be a pain for many as not everyone can get it so i understand your pov.

Honestly though, im not 100% clean on my end for checkpoint stuff. i did use the checkpoint for ce and 2 after both playlists were reset 2x each and was about to break something.
It's just am achievement,like I said if they gave people who did it legit a special gift or shout out then I would understand but they dont so who cares
I'm hoping with the achievements comes some sick background images for the dashboard. Reach has some of the best imagery and concept art of the entire franchise.
I love random challenge achievements, so that's what I hope for. I enjoy when there are achievements that make you go through entire levels without using a jetpack so you have to get clever or a vehicle so you have to work harder. I'd like to see more of those. Ideally, to me, there will be new achievements. I already did the old ones, so I'd rather have new clever challenges.
I know it’s been said earlier in this thread but I’d be stoked to see some Easter egg achievements. Halsey’s Lab, the Pelican/Phantom Easter egg, etc.
They'll probably include achievements for things like killing a B.O.B. Elite (the Golden Elites found on just about every mission), catching the first Invisible SpecOps Elite on mission one when you get dropped off at the beacon you were sent to investigate, activating the buttons to change the music in Club Errera, activating the button to turn your Banshee/Falcon into a Phantom/Pelican (like someone else said), and maybe destroying a Wraith on ONI Sword Base without using the Target Designator on Heroic or Harder? Maybe even partake in the Gauss Hog race on ONI Sword Base or making the Banshee's spawn when returning to OSB.

And lets not forget all of the ORIGINAL achievements that might make a return like keeping the Tank alive on the return to OSB on Heroic or Legendary. Killing an Elite from a fall that would have been fatal. Things like that.
Obviously the original achievements should be implemented, but other than that I'd say the more the merrier.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3