Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Previous Seasonal Challenges

OP OCPenguins

So I didn't think about ODST dropping changing the Seasonal challenges (I haven't really played much recently.) So those skins from last time are just completely unobtainable now that they're gone, right?
That is a good question.... It has never been addressed as far as I know... While you can go back and get the seasonal cosmetics with points they didn't say anything about the seasonal challenge cosmetics. My guess would be you will probably have to wait for another season down the line when they are done adding games. They will probably circle back around so to speak and give others a chance to get them later on more likely.
Here's a quote from the August 2020 development update that may answer your question:
Quote:
Note that you will still be able to unlock items from Season 1 and 2 in the season panel, but any seasonal challenges that award skins in Season 2 will be rotating out for the new season. Be sure to get them before they go, though do keep in mind that items that rotate out from a season may return at a future date.
I really don't like that there are timed rewards. The battle pass is one of the best there is, as older rewards continue to be obtainable. Why these few exceptions for these seasonal challenges? And for Halo 3 they were fairly easy to obtain, but the endure challenge is almost impossible without planning.
Forsythia wrote:
I really don't like that there are timed rewards. The battle pass is one of the best there is, as older rewards continue to be obtainable. Why these few exceptions for these seasonal challenges? And for Halo 3 they were fairly easy to obtain, but the endure challenge is almost impossible without planning.
Well in the statement Illusive Blue posted it sounds like seasonal challenges will rotate back around at some point. So for those who miss them they will getting another chance for them at some point.
Time-gating content is an incredible dumb decision. They should just add these challenges to a long term pool.
Look, I think it’s ok to have 4 weapon skins that are limited time. I think they gotta have something meaningful in the season so when the new season comes in, people who did the challenges, have something to show off that others might not have. I mean they said it will come back, so it’s pretty justified even with the permanent season passes. I am just sad that they replaced the other challenge that just gave season points, those should have stayed because I’m max level and it’s harder to get season points these days. (Just my two cents)
I don't have a problem with cosmetic challenges from previous seasons no longer being available. It's not like you needed to get those gold weapon skins for CE. And even if you did really want them, you could get them all by completing like 2 campaign missions so it was pretty easy. Having limited time cosmetics is just a good way to encourage people to play the game.

It's a different story for things like the skull that allows players to fly. That's not a cosmetic, so I do think it's pretty odd for it to be time locked even if it might come back in the future.
Are there still parts of the halo reach armor that cant be unlocked yet?
Are there still parts of the halo reach armor that cant be unlocked yet?
The only Halo: Reach armour that can't be unlocked yet is the new stuff coming with Season 5.