Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Progression System for Halo 3 and 4

OP Vinman720

I believe now that we have this battle pass system for Halo Reach on MCC, it would be really awesome to see it extended to halo 3 and 4.

A large issue I always had with MCC was that there was no incentive to play games and unlock armor. Now, with reach we have this pass system, which is a much needed addition, but it makes me wish I could customize my other halo characters as well.

I suppose this could be done either by adding all halo armors into the battle pass, but that might oversaturate it. Why not create different passes for each game. Playing that game would change your tier for that game specific battle pass.

I just want something more to grind for in MCC, and I think this would do that. I really hope 343 considers expanding this customization to the existing games at least in some way.
They will be doing flight for other halo games so I'm sure there will be it soon.
I am all for them to reinstate Halo 3 and 4's customization, but I would rather see this as an update to what we have. I don't really feel like unlocking everything for Halo 3 and Halo 4 immediately after Reach.
They could also look at adding in customization for Halo 2 Anniversary multiplayer as well. Even though those never had any customization (because the only version is the MCC), we could see it modified for this as well.
i think they said they are looking into this and that it may be extended... but we should keep an eye on this system overall, bc i think it's already a test for infinite and i have to say: i'm not a fan... if we could choose what to unlock with the points and don't have to unlock it one at a time in the set order it would be better
I'd like more choice in what I unlock - instead of the forced linear progression.

At minimum, give us the options of what to unlock in tiers of 10 levels. so when you are level 1-10, you can only unlock those items, but any of them. You must unlock all before being able to unlock the items between 11-20 (but you would still level up).

This would still be somewhat linear, but at least give us some options within each tier before moving onto the next tier.
I agree, this has been a problem since MCC was launched. In the Original version of Halo 3 and Halo 4 for the Xbox 360, you could mix and match your armor. Now in MCC, the armor is in sets. This is something that must be fixed in the future.

Best,

SCORPIO7188