Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Proper Armor Customization Coming to MCC?

OP NitroUndertaker

Something that I, along with a lot of my friends and other fans, want is proper armor customization, the ability to know that no player will look exactly alike. Before I begin, just know that I am simply a fan and that these are my thoughts on how customization could potentially work for MCC in the future update. I have seen this request mentioned a lot and I thought that making this addition to the forum could allow for a larger discussion on it. Feel free to add anything that I may miss regarding customization and be sure to voice your opinion as well. You all may have ideas that I completely miss or methods on how to do this that I fail to include.

When the MCC gets its update, the armor customization would work as follows:
The 'blanket' armor sets for Halo CE to Halo: 2 could stay as they are in the current 'retail version', but for Halo: 3 and Halo: 4 we would be able to customize everything on our spartan.

This includes:
  1. helmet type
  2. left and right shoulders
  3. torso
  4. visor color
  5. forearms
  6. legs
While there would be some differences between each game, in the case that Halo: 3 did not come with the ability to change your visor color, each menu should also allow us to rotate our character to take a good look at all of the different armor pieces instead of the static image that the game launched with. I am not sure if the stances from Halo: 4 would really need to be implemented along with these additions since we already have the player ID and character cards, but if they were, it would make sense to have them alongside the character cards that we got at launch. In addition to this, all of the DLC maps and weapon skins were added to the MCC for Halo: 4's multiplayer, but not the armor sets such as Perfect, ODST, Mark V, and Richochet. These should come to MCC as well. Before I finish this post, I also want to add that there were different variations of some of Halo: 4's armor. If these are added (a list will be provided below of their names) should they all be unlocked right off the bat or should they be turned into something that each player could work for through challenges? Also if there is a possibility that the features mentioned above could be included to fit the armor for Halo: 2 Anniversary, it would be amazing.

To summarize, armor customization should come to the Master Chief Collection prepared for each game just as they operated at launch and all armor for each game should be present. I hope that this topic is able to get some traction. Is there anything I missed?

List of Halo: 4 armor variants (patterns on armor sets, some of which were only available as pre-orders) not present in MCC:
  • Air Assault VERG
  • Aviator BOND
  • Commando FRCT
  • C.I.O WEB (pre-order)
  • Defender CTRL
  • Enforcer TBRL
  • Engineer EDGE
  • E.O.D SHDW
  • Gingnir PULS (pre-order)
  • Hazop FRST (Pre-order)
  • Infiltrator TRAC
  • Oceanic CRCT (pre-order)
  • Operator SRFC
  • Orbital AEON
  • Pathfinder CORE
  • Pioneer ADPT
  • Protector DRFT
  • Ranger STRK
  • Recon SURG
  • Recruit PRIME
  • Recruit PRMC (pre-order)
  • Rogue FCUS
  • Scout APEX
  • Soldier ZNTH
  • Stalker CRSH
  • Tracker ADRT
  • Vanguard CNVG
  • Venator RPTR (pre-order)
  • Warrior MTRX
  • War Master PRML
  • Wetwork SHRD
I've been wanting this for sooo long. Here's hoping we'll finally get proper armor customization after all this time.
I hope MCC gets full armour customisation for Halo 3, 4 and possibly Halo 2 Anniversary in the near future. For now, we'll have to wait as the update is only addressing bugs & glitches.
Something that I, along with a lot of my friends and other fans, want is proper armor customization, the ability to know that no player will look exactly alike. Before I begin, just know that I am simply a fan and that these are my thoughts on how customization could potentially work for MCC in the future update. I have seen this request mentioned a lot and I thought that making this addition to the forum could allow for a larger discussion on it. Feel free to add anything that I may miss regarding customization and be sure to voice your opinion as well. You all may have ideas that I completely miss or methods on how to do this that I fail to include.

When the MCC gets its update, the armor customization would work as follows: The 'blanket' armor sets for Halo CE to Halo: 2 could stay as they are in the current 'retail version', but for Halo: 3 and Halo: 4 we would be able to customize everything on our spartan.

This includes:
  1. helmet type
  3. torso
  4. visor color
  5. forearms
  6. legs
While there would be some differences between each game, in the case that Halo: 3 did not come with the ability to change your visor color, each menu should also allow us to rotate our character to take a good look at all of the different armor pieces instead of the static image that the game launched with. I am not sure if the stances from Halo: 4 would really need to be implemented along with these additions since we already have the player ID and character cards, but if they were, it would make sense to have them alongside the character cards that we got at launch. In addition to this, all of the DLC maps and weapon skins were added to the MCC for Halo: 4's multiplayer, but not the armor sets such as Perfect, ODST, Mark V, and Richochet. These should come to MCC as well. Before I finish this post, I also want to add that there were different variations of some of Halo: 4's armor. If these are added (a list will be provided below of their names) should they all be unlocked right off the bat or should they be turned into something that each player could work for through challenges? Also if there is a possibility that the features mentioned above could be included to fit the armor for Halo: 2 Anniversary, it would be amazing.

To summarize, armor customization should come to the Master Chief Collection prepared for each game just as they operated at launch and all armor for each game should be present. I hope that this topic is able to get some traction. Is there anything I missed?

List of Halo: 4 armor variants (patterns on armor sets, some of which were only available as pre-orders) not present in MCC:
  • Air Assault VERG
  • Aviator BOND
  • Commando FRCT
  • C.I.O WEB (pre-order)
  • Defender CTRL
  • Enforcer TBRL
  • Engineer EDGE
  • E.O.D SHDW
  • Hazop FRST (Pre-order)
  • Infiltrator TRAC
  • Operator SRFC
  • Orbital AEON
  • Pathfinder CORE
  • Pioneer ADPT
  • Protector DRFT
  • Ranger STRK
  • Recon SURG
  • Recruit PRIME
  • Rogue FCUS
  • Scout APEX
  • Soldier ZNTH
  • Stalker CRSH
  • Tracker ADRT
  • Vanguard CNVG
  • Warrior MTRX
  • War Master PRML
  • Wetwork SHRD
nope fix the matchmaking, looking pretty should be the least of your worries in MCC

When the MCC gets its update, the armor customization would work as follows: The 'blanket' armor sets for Halo CE to Halo: 2 could stay as they are in the current 'retail version', but for Halo: 3 and Halo: 4 we would be able to customize everything on our spartan.

This includes:
  1. helmet type
  3. torso
  4. visor color
  5. forearms
  6. legs

• Air Assault VERG
  • Aviator BOND
  • Commando FRCT
  • C.I.O WEB (pre-order)
  • Defender CTRL
  • Enforcer TBRL
  • Engineer EDGE
  • E.O.D SHDW
  • Hazop FRST (Pre-order)
  • Infiltrator TRAC
  • Operator SRFC
  • Orbital AEON
  • Pathfinder CORE
  • Pioneer ADPT
  • Protector DRFT
  • Ranger STRK
  • Recon SURG
  • Recruit PRIME
  • Rogue FCUS
  • Scout APEX
  • Soldier ZNTH
  • Stalker CRSH
  • Tracker ADRT
  • Vanguard CNVG
  • Warrior MTRX
  • War Master PRML
  • Wetwork SHRD
nope fix the matchmaking, looking pretty should be the least of your worries in MCC
I definitely agree that matchmaking should be fixed. It all needs to be working flawlessly before customization even gets touched (if it does). But it would be a nice addition.
What about Prefect?