Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

PSA: Playlists on Co-op (LASO)

OP Kancer On XBL

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
AshamanND wrote:
Cizlin wrote:
Dieoskody wrote:
My buddy and I are about to start Halo 2 LASO Co-op. One idea I had is, when we get to one of those levels, we both spit off to "beat" those levels solo, which would advance the playlist 1 level for each of us, then getting back together to do it together. You mentioned that you tried going back after finishing the campaign to do each solo, but did you try completing them solo before continuing to the next level together?

Also, did you post this in the Achievement Issue tracker thread?
Since that playlist has the two solo missions right at the start, you can each do them Solo, then join back together for Cairo Station. If it doesn't work, I have a late playlist save for that playlist so I would be happy to help if you do encounter the issue.

Thank you for this. I had been running through the MCC lifestory playlist with a friend, then trying to solo the two missions I needed but that didn't help. Guess I will just have to do the whole playlist solo.
You only need to complete The Maw, The Heretic, and The Armory solo for them to register. Everything else should work on Co-op. If your playlist says you've completed all of the missions but hasn't registered the playlist as completed, then you just need to beat Halo 4's Epilogue mission in the playlist, either Solo or Co-op.
My buddy TheGrandLunar is in the middle of the Saga playlist (normal) looking for the Lifestory achievement.
Unfortunately, we played through "The Maw" together on co-op and now he doesn't have credit for that or one of the cut scene missions.

Do we know if he can steal a checkpoint at the beginning of The Maw, play through that solo and the two cutscenes, and then steal a checkpoint back to where he currently is and continue on?
Yes, that approach would definitely work, but he will need to find someone with the saves.

Alternatively, he could restart the playlist separate from you and Solo Speedrun his way to the missions in question (The Maw, The Heretic, and The Armory). So long as he beats those three missions on solo, he should receive credit. Then, after getting credit for the completion of those missions, he can join up on you to get back to where he originally was (since you've been playing through the playlist with him as well, you probably have the checkpoint for where he left off).
I've messaged you all on xbox, but I reckon I'll post here too. Any chance you folks still have a Halo 2 LASO playlist great journey checkpoint laying around?

Edit: they do and I finally got "back for more"
Right now I have the same 13 out of 15 issue , I mean , I didn’t know about this bug ... so I’ll really appreciate if someone can help me out with a great journey checkpoint

Edit: Want to thank Cizilin, Yesterday I finally got the achievement
lSoNl wrote:
Right now I have the same 13 out of 15 issue , I mean , I didn’t know about this bug ... so I’ll really appreciate if someone can help me out with a great journey checkpoint
I can probably help you later today. Send me a message via Xbox Live (GT: Cizlin) and we can narrow down a time. :)
So I just had this happen to me, but on the normal Master Chief Saga playlist. Beat the whole thing on co-op, now it says we only did 44/46. So frustrating. Does anyone have the saves for the regular playlist or is it just LASO?
So I just had this happen to me, but on the normal Master Chief Saga playlist. Beat the whole thing on co-op, now it says we only did 44/46. So frustrating. Does anyone have the saves for the regular playlist or is it just LASO?
My buddy has a save in the middle of H3.
If you play through and finish the maw and the first level of H2, we can probably get you back into h3.
I just wanted to add that you'll need to play The Maw and The Heretic on solo before you skip ahead. Sorry you have to deal with this bug. It is quite frustrating.
Cizlin wrote:
I just wanted to add that you'll need to play The Maw and The Heretic on solo before you skip ahead. Sorry you have to deal with this bug. It is quite frustrating.
Guess it's time to beat Halo for the 20-somethingth time in my life!
I should probably get around to updating the OP at some point to be more inclusive of other LASOs or playlists in general and be a little more "matter of fact" about it.

As an quick update, Cizlin and I have all the last mission LASO saves besides CE. Can't speak to his experience, but I've been passing them out for around a year now with a 100% success rate to fix the issue of completion out of order.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2