The matchmaking in MCC is unfair to veterans who havent played in a while (like myself), new players, and people who dont know maps because it puts you against random people who most of the time are people who always play MCC
I really hope they figure out how to make the matchmaking better in this game. I'm sure it's driving people away. Being able to match full teams when searching as a random is my biggest complaint. This was never an issue in the original games, and I think it had a huge impact on my enjoyment. The fact that 1s can still match 50s or any level is also ridiculous. They've got some work to fix this game still, and I hope they're actively trying.
The problem is population. The more unskilled players, the less likely you'll be to face a team of pros.

Since we don't have nearly as many newbies playing, the game is starting to get solid with players who know what they're doing.

That's why the game needs more casual players than pros, too many pros and the game becomes impossible for unskilled players to have fun.
baaask wrote:
I really hope they figure out how to make the matchmaking better in this game. I'm sure it's driving people away. Being able to match full teams when searching as a random is my biggest complaint. This was never an issue in the original games, and I think it had a huge impact on my enjoyment. The fact that 1s can still match 50s or any level is also ridiculous. They've got some work to fix this game still, and I hope they're actively trying.
They had party based matchmaking, but the population is so low that higher levels took longer to find matches.
The matchmaking in MCC is unfair to veterans who havent played in a while (like myself), new players, and people who dont know maps because it puts you against random people who most of the time are people who always play MCC
Play BTB that's where all the noobs are.
Play BTB that's where all the noobs are.
This. Considering the number of ARs being used and people running around with their heads cut off, a good chunk of each game are noobs. You’ll still run into teams that will absolutely destroy you, but you’ll get the random teams too.

I like that I can be matched with anyone. I’ve matched up against Ogre and his wife a few times and they destroyed me, but it’s fun to watch someone like that play.

i don’t think it’ll take you long to crawl into the middle of the pack in terms of skill, especially if you’re an old playing coming back and not a true newbie. You’ll at least relearn the maps quickly and have some clue to switch to your pistol for example.

the infinite ammo and grunt birthday party skulls are also very useful for practice. My wife used to miss every sniper shot she took but we’re been playing T&R on legendary with a bunch of skulls on and now she’s a sharpshooter.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
baaask wrote:
Im pretty sure the only playlist that matches any rank from 1-50 is Lone Wolves. Other playlists you wont match 50s until after you hit rank 30+.
Why complain about getting matched against pros? I assume that the only way a player gets better at something is to play against people who are better. Or am I wrong?

personally I don’t care who I play against. I’m not a horrible player but I sure ain’t a pro. I play for fun and that’s pretty much it.
Why complain about getting matched against pros? I assume that the only way a player gets better at something is to play against people who are better. Or am I wrong?

personally I don’t care who I play against. I’m not a horrible player but I sure ain’t a pro. I play for fun and that’s pretty much it.
This is how I feel too. Sure I may not play much these days, and while I may be bad against more skilled players, I still learn something to do better.

Except when against those Sniper pros in H3. God, that can be rough.
<p></p>
social is social, you shouldnt care if you win or lose. if you drive them to put a hidden mmr in social, it will make it 10x harder to find games.
cQrPsE wrote:
social is social, you shouldnt care if you win or lose. if you drive them to put a hidden mmr in social, it will make it 10x harder to find games.
Yeah, you're right. Guess it was just easier on the og halo's to have consistently even matchups with party similarities since there were vastly more people playing.

This is how I feel too. Sure I may not play much these days, and while I may be bad against more skilled players, I still learn something to do better.

Except when against those Sniper pros in H3. God, that can be rough.
<p></p>
It's good to play against people who are better than you but playing against people who are far above your league is a waste of time, people won't learn much from getting killed over and over. Partied up teams with people who are all better than you is definitely a waste of time. They communicate better and know how to control the spawns / map than pretty much any random would. There are a few teams in MCC who I just quit against lol.

I do agree with this statement. In order to see improvement, one needs the challenge. I understand it is frustrating to return to a game, only to be smashed to the ground by players of a higher skill, but you're gonna want to bump up to eleven to fight back otherwise it'll stay frustrating.
May be the wrong thread but whilst on the subject of pros do any tournaments take place for Halo MCC i'm an old timer semi pro looking to come back if its competitive enough!
I played the other day after a long time of playing and noticed the same thing. They definitely need to sort out their matchmaking.
Balance is still a problem, and it's been like that since 2014. That should be the main focus.
I usually don't mind whoever I'm playing with or against but I pretty consistently get put on teams that are MILES worse than the opponents we just get mollywhopped. I know that I should get better and learn to beat those teams but It would be nice if I could win a game here and there. I win like one time outta ten games in the ranked playlists. I know I'm not the best halo player but getting stuck on a team of ranks way lower than me, playing against a team with ranks much higher than me makes it pretty frustrating to play. I want to get better so I keep playing but, man o' man you really gotta learn to take a beating.

All I'm saying is I can see how this can be a pretty big deterrent for players.
I usually don't mind whoever I'm playing with or against but I pretty consistently get put on teams that are MILES worse than the opponents we just get mollywhopped. I know that I should get better and learn to beat those teams but It would be nice if I could win a game here and there. I win like one time outta ten games in the ranked playlists. I know I'm not the best halo player but getting stuck on a team of ranks way lower than me, playing against a team with ranks much higher than me makes it pretty frustrating to play. I want to get better so I keep playing but, man o' man you really gotta learn to take a beating.

All I'm saying is I can see how this can be a pretty big deterrent for players.
That’s because there are essentially no party restrictions in ranked. You can search with a group of 3 and match an entire team of players who are searching by themselves.