Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Put Base Maps back into Reach Infection Rotation

OP TG GolemJephson

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I cant be the only one who thinks this...
Halo Reach had one of the best, if not THE best Infection experiences in the series. The only problem is that I think it was after the Title Update, ALL of the base maps from Reach were removed from Infection rotation and replaced with in my opinion, sub par maps that were nowhere near as fun to play on.
These maps usually had a filter on as well as all of the "Hiding spots" or key choke points were made inaccessible. This may have been for balance reasons, but in my opinion it just makes Infection bland. There is little in the way of actual good defendable choke points anymore and playing as both Human and Zombie no longer feels fun to play. I remember Spooky Base being a highlight as an awful map replacment.

TLDR: Put the base maps back into rotation!
Sword Base
Boardwalk
Reflection
All of them on the Alpha Zombies gametype. I dont know if MCC has Zombie Ghosts. If not? Keep it that way. Zombie Ghosts was a terrible gametype unless it was on a custom map designed for it.

Does anyone else think the base maps should be put back into the MCC Infection rotation?
Thank you! I was just prepared to make a post about this very topic! I miss normal Sword Base and The Cage.
Thank you! I was just prepared to make a post about this very topic! I miss normal Sword Base and The Cage.
OMG Yes! The Cage was so fun! I miss all of the small little spots people used to find! People would camp, sure. But any smart zombies would wait and all charge in at once.
There were very few spots that were outright unfair imo.
Its like with the updated maps they set out to remove all of the fun and it upsets me greatly its the same experience in MCC.
I'm sure we can make our voices heard by 343i and try to get a response.
Yeah. I hope more people want this. Because until it happens, im not playing Infection on Reach MCC again otherwise. Its just not fun. Did the same for Reach original when it happened.
Yes, cage/caged/uncaged I’ll take any of them. Those and boardwalk were the best.
Here's my +1. Having the older maps back would be great.
Couldn't agree more, get the OG maps in and all the forge ones like asylum, pinnacle, cage etc. Just like the good ol' days.
Mentioned on the other thread they need to return, the current remade maps are terrible, you can hardly see anything and it's just a mess.

343 please bring back the Original maps, as said Living Dead on Reach was blast back in the day, we want it back!
Yeah. I hope more people want this. Because until it happens, im not playing Infection on Reach MCC again otherwise. Its just not fun. Did the same for Reach original when it happened.
I don't play it either anymore, such a shame I used to love it
Yeh thought it was odd not seeing Swordbase yet on there, yeh more maps the better but wish they'd stop players from exploiting maps and getting to places where infection can't get near...meaning Spartans can sit back and get tons of kills.
Part of what made grinding Reach infected so enjoyable was being able to play a huge variety of maps, i.e the original PowerHouse, BoardWalk, Sword Base, and the numerous Forge World maps that they did not add for some reason. The ability to vote for maps was also what made infected such a satisfying game mode because for the most part you got to play on the enjoyable maps and now that this feature is gone infected feels way worse than it use to. Hopefully they add the original maps in soon but I definitely have my doubts that they will.
I couldn't agree more, they need to put the og maps back in and NEED cage/caged/uncaged back in asap, it just isn't fun without the same spots anymore sadly, also the filters the people added to the new maps sucks! its no fun at all.
I feel so strongly about Living Dead in Reach as I had so much fun with it back in the day, these maps they changed ruined it for me completely.

Let me state I have no problem being a Zombie and have just as much fun, I Love timing my runs with other Zombies and dodging the Humans, or being a distraction for another Zombie to Infect someone, it was so much fun!
Even as a Zombie, these new maps suck the life and fun out of the gamemode, they are just so ugly looking and cluttered, and the Humans seem to be confused at where to go and what to do and the game just doesn't flow.

Sword base used to be so funny as a Zombie when everyone camped in that tunnel, you could sprint past and just hear pistol bullets go past and make them waste ammo lol.

Please please please 343 listen to the community and put the original maps back in.
I cant be the only one who thinks this...
Halo Reach had one of the best, if not THE best Infection experiences in the series. The only problem is that I think it was after the Title Update, ALL of the base maps from Reach were removed from Infection rotation and replaced with in my opinion, sub par maps that were nowhere near as fun to play on.
These maps usually had a filter on as well as all of the "Hiding spots" or key choke points were made inaccessible. This may have been for balance reasons, but in my opinion it just makes Infection bland. There is little in the way of actual good defendable choke points anymore and playing as both Human and Zombie no longer feels fun to play. I remember Spooky Base being a highlight as an awful map replacment.

TLDR: Put the base maps back into rotation!
Sword Base
Boardwalk
Reflection
All of them on the Alpha Zombies gametype. I dont know if MCC has Zombie Ghosts. If not? Keep it that way. Zombie Ghosts was a terrible gametype unless it was on a custom map designed for it.

Does anyone else think the base maps should be put back into the MCC Infection rotation?
Yes. Bring it back and ill finally enjoy mcc infection again
I agree. I really struggle to see properly with the ridiculous lighting filters and it's absolutely boring playing a game where the entire enemy team is camping in the same spot all game.

Another note is really to do with it NOT having psuedo RNG. 7 matches in a row, two rounds as alpha zombie, in terrible maps where players you infect then ragequit because they cant do anything. Broken gamemode, full of people just exploiting that fact for XP. Thought 343 banned people for damaging player enjoyment? topical grifball reference
I agree. I really struggle to see properly with the ridiculous lighting filters and it's absolutely boring playing a game where the entire enemy team is camping in the same spot all game.

Another note is really to do with it NOT having psuedo RNG. 7 matches in a row, two rounds as alpha zombie, in terrible maps where players you infect then ragequit because they cant do anything. Broken gamemode, full of people just exploiting that fact for XP. Thought 343 banned people for damaging player enjoyment? topical grifball reference
That's another point I haven't thought of but is so true, these new maps just encourage the Humans to go to a very few certain areas as there are not many other places you can go making the games so boring and stale.
thank god im not the only one, i dont like the modified maps (light FX, blocked areas etc.) and why didnt they bring back the cage???

and why did they have anchor 9,zelato, penance and condemned as options but not the classics?
As a living dead infection god I will explain to you why bringing back "OG" uncaged, sword base, powerhouse and boring walk would absolutely NOT work.

Connection.

Now in 60 fps the magnum is incredibly strong and registration hits cleaner than ever before. These posts about the maps are simply from players looking to exploit the maps. Uncaged/cage will turn into a spawn kill fest, rock spot players on bedlam and asylum wont ever die and drop 30+ a round. Boring walk/powerhouse will be reduced to everyone camping back wall/glass or the beach and magnum snipe you all game.

The variants of the maps made it much more balanced for zombies and it decreased the amount of map exploits. The new maps need some work, especially deepscream, maybe some more cover for zombies would help balance it out.

Currently it is far too easy to be a human and much too challenging to be a zombie. Rounds are slower, many humans survive for 4 minutes.

People will always rage quit when infected. That is part of LD and always will be so that point is irrelevant.
not trm6 wrote:
As a living dead infection god I will explain to you why bringing back "OG" uncaged, sword base, powerhouse and boring walk would absolutely NOT work.

Connection.

Now in 60 fps the magnum is incredibly strong and registration hits cleaner than ever before. These posts about the maps are simply from players looking to exploit the maps. Uncaged/cage will turn into a spawn kill fest, rock spot players on bedlam and asylum wont ever die and drop 30+ a round. Boring walk/powerhouse will be reduced to everyone camping back wall/glass or the beach and magnum snipe you all game.

The variants of the maps made it much more balanced for zombies and it decreased the amount of map exploits. The new maps need some work, especially deepscream, maybe some more cover for zombies would help balance it out.

Currently it is far too easy to be a human and much too challenging to be a zombie. Rounds are slower, many humans survive for 4 minutes.

People will always rage quit when infected. That is part of LD and always will be so that point is irrelevant.
No, the maps are simply ugly and boring with Humans always going to the same spots, I used to play Living Dead with majority of my friends list and none of them want to play it now saying 343 ruined the maps.
I never had any issues what so ever with the old maps and humans very rarely survived.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2