Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Question: With Reach Released.....

OP jedimas4

Now that Reach is out on MCC and work will soon start on porting Halo:CEA and the other games to PC, what can Xbox players expect for post launch support once testing on the remaining MCC games begins? As each game is worked on, I wouldn’t mind seeing each game get its own patch to fix lingering bugs for the Xbox version as they come out on PC.
From June 2019's MCC Development Update:

Quote:
When a season ends, nothing will be taken away in terms of unlocks. If a new season starts that has a new theme, such as the release of the next title for MCC PC, it will be additive and include new unlocks to work towards. For you, this means that if you haven’t finished unlocking all content for the first Halo: Reach season, and the Halo: Combat Evolved season has started, you now can choose to continue working on unlocking content in the Halo: Reach season or use your season points towards the unlocks from the new Halo: CE season.
Source

So it seems that when additional titles are added to MCC on PC, the new Seasons will reflect content for these games. That said, I am not sure why kind of content could be added for the other Halo titles besides Nameplates, as there is not armor in Halo: CE and we have everything unlocked in the other Halo games. Perhaps they will re-lock the Armor?

However from that same Development Update...

Quote:
In future seasons, we are looking into ways to expand the pool of customization items in each game. At minimum we would like to include new profile items such as nameplates, but we think it would be even cooler if we could add new skins, armor or visor colors, or armors to the other games.
I have seen how Halo 3 can be customized to include things such as visor colors or even light colors. Perhaps this is what they are referring to. The idea of new armor added to Halo 2 really excites me, but perhaps it will just be added to Halo 2: Anniversary. Only time will tell!
JB Linken wrote:

Quote:
When a season ends, nothing will be taken away in terms of unlocks. If a new season starts that has a new theme, such as the release of the next title for MCC PC, it will be additive and include new unlocks to work towards. For you, this means that if you haven’t finished unlocking all content for the first Halo: Reach season, and the Halo: Combat Evolved season has started, you now can choose to continue working on unlocking content in the Halo: Reach season or use your season points towards the unlocks from the new Halo: CE season.
Source

So it seems that when additional titles are added to MCC on PC, the new Seasons will reflect content for these games. That said, I am not sure why kind of content could be added for the other Halo titles besides Nameplates, as there is not armor in Halo: CE and we have everything unlocked in the other Halo games. Perhaps they will re-lock the Armor?

Quote:
In future seasons, we are looking into ways to expand the pool of customization items in each game. At minimum we would like to include new profile items such as nameplates, but we think it would be even cooler if we could add new skins, armor or visor colors, or armors to the other games.
I have seen how Halo 3 can be customized to include things such as visor colors or even light colors. Perhaps this is what they are referring to. The idea of new armor added to Halo 2 really excites me, but perhaps it will just be added to Halo 2: Anniversary. Only time will tell!
Thanks. That all makes sense to me. My hope is that when the new seasons start they put out patches to fix lingering bugs and issues for each game and not just add the new season content.
Here's what I'm hoping for:
-Remaining bug fixes big and small ... even that weird lighting issue in that one Halo 4 cutscene
-Add audio mixer like Halo 5 has (adjust music, dialog, and FX independently)
-Hopefully they can do something about CE to make it more resemble the Xbox version rather than the Gear Box port that it is
-Expand customization for Halo 3 & 4 so it is at least as good as the originals.
-Add missing DLC content to Halo 4 (presumably unlockables) like the Mark V & ODST armors
-Add more armor and cool stuff to Halo 2 Anniversary
JB Linken wrote:

Quote:
Source

Quote:
I think what they are referring to is more to the missing content of halo 4 such as the different visors and the latest armor of the champions bundle. I see it unlikely that they add extra permutations such as visors of different colors to the customization of halo 3, where there may be hope is in Halo 2 Anniversary