Does anyone know if the skill ranking will be reset after the big mcc update.
We don't know. They haven't announced anything involving ranks or stats in general.
I really hope they dont reset any skill ranks. Others and myself have been playing for the last few years obtaining skill ranks in the playlists. Resetting those, as I said before, is a slap to all the dedicated players face. Fixing the game is great but resetting years of progress would be disrespectful.
Bungie used to reset halo 2 all the time. Espically when the skill ranking is so broken. The rank isn't there to show dedication. It's designed to make matches competitive and it clearly doesn't work that way at the moment
I wouldn’t mind a rank reset
Who doesn’t like watching their number move up through the ranks? Fingers crossed for a reset.
Please don’t do a rank reset I’ll quit playing they already reset halo mcc ranks several times they better not do it again
From development update 4:

For skill matching, we are evaluating the way ranks are computed. We will also be updating multiplayer playlists and monitoring population so we can keep a healthy range of players in each playlist. At the moment, some of the playlists in Halo: MCC such as Team Hardcore have a very low population day over day and this leads to large ranges of player skills matching together. Please note that when we adjust playlists, ranks are reset in those playlists as the content changes. Once we deliver our full update, we expect to rotate playlists more often based on keeping a healthy population and providing ongoing variety in maps and modes.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-development-update-4
We don't know. They haven't announced anything involving ranks or stats in general.
I wouldn't mind if ranks reset but not stats. I'd like to keep KD
Peave99 wrote:
All playlists that are new will have no ranks when you start. Any playlists that carry over will retain the ranks. Pretty much all are getting new playlists so most ranks will be set to zero.
Postums wrote:
Peave99 wrote:
All playlists that are new will have no ranks when you start. Any playlists that carry over will retain the ranks. Pretty much all are getting new playlists so most ranks will be set to zero.
What playlist will even carry over to the update? I really hope even if some of the playlist are carrying over that they all get reset just because no one really earned them ranks. The way matchmaking is changing it should just reset everything.
All the ranks are being reset. Nothing is carrying over unfortunately. Hopefully they will, at the very least, let us show the “highest skill rank earned” on our in game profile and on site profile.
Postums wrote:
Peave99 wrote:
Ah, good thing I never wasted much time in those playlists because I assumed this was going to happen one day!
i wouldnt mind a rank reset, besides i think its fair, most of the games i played were against ppl with way lower ranks than mine.
imo having a 50 in the current state of mcc doesnt prove much
ok so the this is after the big mcc update, im playing team doubles...ranking up...quitting my game to play something else...come back on mcc after a while and my rank resets back to 1. What is up with that? Anyone else having this issue?