1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Haven't been playing, and currently have no plans on playing in the future; but in support of my friends and the community I'd like to see this playlist come back. I can personally attest myself that this is by far the most competitive radar playlist and has the most flourishing community of tryhards. Not to mention it is also much easier to find games in and it is much less of a hassle to carry one teammate then 2-3 potentially like you would in 4s. Also, as mentioned, there has been many crowdfunded tournaments for 2v2; with very large competitive turnouts as well. I have also won one and received money. So you can rest your fears about being scammed.

All in all, there is just simply no reason to not have this playlist in... when it promotes competition and brings more players back.
Gotta honestly feel bad for all the kids who genuinely want to sweat on Arena maps like Citadel, Assembly, and Sandbox with equipment and radar on while playing as Dinos.
I've won tournaments for hardcore and radar, sweating is sweating. If you don't like radar simply don't play it. It involves a different set of skills, which clearly you don't possess. Sorry to let you know "Mr. Hardcore God".
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members. This includes stat-flaming.
Spoiler:
Show
Gotta honestly feel bad for all the kids who genuinely want to sweat on Arena maps like Citadel, Assembly, and Sandbox with equipment and radar on while playing as Dinos.
I've won tournaments for hardcore and radar, sweating is sweating. If you don't like radar simply don't play it. It involves a different set of skills, which clearly you don't possess. Sorry to let you know "Mr. Hardcore God".
If anyone knows what it takes to be a top tier Halo 3 player PERIOD, it’s Lunar (Flazin). He has played a broad range of gametypes and settings, proving to be among the best under multiple formats. Competitively viable Halo isn’t black and white. And skill is indiscriminate. It doesn’t care if it’s being applied to Team Doubles, Hardcore, Snipers, Slayer, FFA, whatever. Good Halo players are good Halo players.
Slim Haley wrote:
Please bring back Halo 3 Team Doubles. Halo 3 Arena is extremely boring. You cant ever get a good game. Out of a 8 man lobby there is a big chance that you'll get 2-3 not so good teammates or enemies. The gametypes on Arena are pretty awful as well. Seeing as that won't ever be tweaked with I'd rather much play a 2v2 playlist which has a big underground competitive community behind it. It's much less demanding to find a game with 4 people instead of 8 people. H3 Team Doubles has always been around for years. While a lot of the Doubles community isn't very vocal in terms of communicating with 343 there is a demand for Doubles to come back. There isn't much that I cant say that Legitsky hasn't already said. If anything H3 Team Doubles has kept MCC alive throughout its dead years. Its frustrating for the people that weren't around those years are the ones to tell us "H3 Team Doubles isnt popular among waypoint" etc etc while nearly nobody that is part of the doubles community spends their time browsing Halo Waypoint or talking to the MCC team. We have had our own crowdfunded Team Doubles tournaments throughout the slow years of MCC and ALWAYS had a huge turnout. MCC is quite boring to play when its nearly all 4v4. You cant find games in H2C ranked 30+. Hardcore is very boring and stale to me with little to no substance. Lone Wolves has a lot of cheaters and is unbalanced because you can match any rank from 1-50 which makes ranks pointless. I guess what I am trying to say is BRING BACK HALO 3 TEAM DOUBLES PLEASE.

- Slim Haley
Well stated, Slim. The doubles community has long thrived despite all adversity, and the competitive scene lives on. I 100% agree that Team Doubles in the form of streams, matchmaking, customs, tournaments, etc was absolutely instrumental in keeping the MCC alive. Hardcore was DEAD to the point where people couldn’t find games even with no rank or party restrictions, and 4v4 radar Team Slayer was totally casual with the competitive scene strictly playing customs. I’m honestly glad Hardcore settings are making a comeback, but Team Doubles shouldn’t die for Hardcore to live. Halo 3 should be competitively viable across a range of playlists like it always has been since day one. If the population can support it, then the playlist should be implemented.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members. This includes stat-flaming.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate comments.
Spoiler:
Show
Slim Haley wrote:
Slim Haley wrote:
Slim Haley wrote:
If anything We need less Halo 3 in ranked, we need other playlists other than Halo 3, H3 makes up half of the ranked playlists, this is the master chief collection after all not the H3 collection. Not only that but You can already play team doubles in the composer, and if you really want to play ranked team dubs H3 is still playable via backwards compatibility.
You must be new to Halo. Team Doubles in the Match Composer offers no competition. You really only match people like you that don't know how to play the game. You clearly arent good if you dont know that H3 Backwards Compat is full with cheaters at the highest rank (which you probably dont know because you havent made it past a rank 15). Theres no purpose in adding playlists that nobody would play. H2A is a dead game. Halo 4 is a DEAD game. H2C is a dead game. They added H2 Team Hardcore and it was the least populated playlist before it was removed. If you want to play other Halos then by all means go ahead and Play Halo 4 backwards compat, Halo Reach backwards compat or H2 vista ;)
Lol I remember you from a few months back, you REALLY want to stat shame me on the forums when you and your squad couldn’t even beat my team in H3 arena, two times in a row? Funny, I still have your hate mail messages from you and your buds telling me to “get good” even though you guys took that L twice. I was wondering why someone was coming at me so hard in a waypoint reply, then I saw your name it all made sense. You clearly didn’t like it when I ignored your Xbox messages either, grow up man.
You should use waypoint more, if you did youd know current ranks ingame are not reflected on waypoint, the ranks on waypoint are pre-update.

Don’t bother replying to me if all you’re going to do is attack me because you’re still mad you couldn’t beat my squad in ranked, thanks.
Peace
I legit never even heard of you until now. I was also referring to your Halo 3 360 rank. I doubt I lost to a kid that has a highest rank of 23 in H2 Arena lmao. You are a nobody.
Like I said, grow up little guy. You lost in arena with your pals and sent me hate mail, I can’t help that you’re staying mad, I must be a real nobody if you’re that mad to send hate mail, try harder next time kiddo.
You're delusional. https://twitter.com/Fishmvn/status/1087066705422151682
Stay mad with that anger state, you halo 3 kids are so volatile lmao.
keep this on topic 2v2s lol. you guys should play 2v2 because its the greatest playlist ever!
Spoiler:
Show
Legitsky wrote:
Gotta honestly feel bad for all the kids who genuinely want to sweat while playing as Dinos.
-Kappa-
Competitively viable Halo isn’t black and white. And skill is indiscriminate. It doesn’t care if it’s being applied to Team Doubles, Hardcore, Snipers, Slayer, FFA, whatever. Good Halo players are good Halo players. Unless they play as dinos.
Fixed that for you guys.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.
Spoiler:
Show
-snip-
That's awesome that you've won tournaments in both types of settings. I myself recently competed at the CE 2v2 in St. Louis and I've also performed well in the online 2v2 tournaments that UGC ran on their platform not too long ago. I agree that sweating/competitive mindsets can exist in all forms of Halo, not only MLG specific modes. But I certainty disagree with not possessing the skills to play with Radar on. Even though it's not my cup of tea, on OG 360 my ranks in Team Slayer, Lone Wolves, Team Snipers, and Team Doubles were all between 47-50. And on MCC (pre-update) I had 50s in H3, H2, and H2A; all playlists with radar turned on.

I definitely would not call myself a "Hardcore God", however I do consider myself to be a high level competitive player in CE, H2, as well as H3, radar on or not. Although I still have a lot of room to grow in order to get to the level I wish to be at someday.

To get back on topic, it's clear that Team Doubles needs to be a permanent thing on MCC, even if I personally would not grind it. I think it makes much more sense to have that included instead of things like ranked Swat, Snipers, BtB, etc. The question is, would they choose to replace Lone Wolves/H3 Arena with H3 2v2, or just have all 3?
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.
Spoiler:
Show
I would like a cross-game ranked Doubles playlist, just like before the big update. However, I still think that Ranked would be better if it were added to the Composer, like I stated in an old post. By that way, the population isn't divided and the situation is a bit more balanced.
i really do miss the h3 doubles playlist. With all the Microsoft 2v2 events it's nice to practice for them. so bring it back! please.
There definitely needs a refresh of ranked Playlists. I think itd be great if 343 brought back some old playlists from H3 360 for a short time. Keep it fresh and fun. When playlists are stale it doesnt attract any new players. It'd be great even if we cant get doubles if they brought in some Ranked Squad Battle or H3 Team Snipers Ranked. We havent seen these playlists in years. Hopefully they can continue to keep this game populated and alive. We have been playing this game for years, it would be great if we got some nostalgia with some Classic Playlists.
Please @postums
Great points, I agree with everything you say Legitsky!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3