Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

How to recreate Ranked system

OP PIasmaArch3r

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
The one and only problem with halo MCC is the allowance of high ping players, which just down right breaks the game. Players dont move right, respawn time audio counter is bugged, bullets dont register. It's a mess. It will NEVER be fixed until they just put a cold lockdown on the MCC and stop rewarding players who lag. I for one havnt touched multiplayer in a few weeks due to this overwhelming issue. I live in kansas and am constantly paired with players who live outside of my region. Hell they live outside mu country! Europe central and south America seem to benefit off their high ping and cause the above listed issues. Reinstate the ping lock. Just like og xbox you should require a good connection to play online.
Period, no exceptions.
If you lag under no circumstances should you be catered too. If you cant find a game cause you got high ping, the ones who live in the correct regions and have a desirable pings should never ever have to deal with you. We should NEVER sacrifice match quality to make way for a lagger.
This is online gaming, NOT a salvation army or food drive.
The one and only problem with halo MCC is the allowance of high ping players, which just down right breaks the game. Players dont move right, respawn time audio counter is bugged, bullets dont register. It's a mess. It will NEVER be fixed until they just put a cold lockdown on the MCC and stop rewarding players who lag. I for one havnt touched multiplayer in a few weeks due to this overwhelming issue. I live in kansas and am constantly paired with players who live outside of my region. Hell they live outside mu country! Europe central and south America seem to benefit off their high ping and cause the above listed issues. Reinstate the ping lock. Just like og xbox you should require a good connection to play online.
Period, no exceptions.
If you lag under no circumstances should you be catered too. If you cant find a game cause you got high ping, the ones who live in the correct regions and have a desirable pings should never ever have to deal with you. We should NEVER sacrifice match quality to make way for a lagger.
This is online gaming, NOT a salvation army or food drive.
That's true, but some players don't have the resources to get a good connection. Should they be kicked from matchmaking? I don't think that's fair.

In my opinion, the way to prevent those issues is simple: let us select our server, instead of selecting one automatically. However, I guess this doesn't contribute to the topic at hand, which is the problem with Ranked and the Composer (or Social). That was being discussed in an old thread.
What I think will be a good solution is to lower the weight of br starts in all games in the match composer. currently from my experience, h3 arena is the highest populated competitive playlist, and part of it is because that's where one can get consistent br starts for games (h3 hardcore might be the second choice but not everyone likes mlg settings). If 343 change the majority of h2 and h2a matches in the composer to smg starts, I think a lot of players will be more inclined to play ranked since br starts are the norms there. (currently matches in h2a composer and arena are almost identical if you put 4v4, and gametypes slayer, flag, hill, and assault)

this is just my solution for solving the population problem. as for the balancing, more players would probably have more numbers inn each rank which might narrow the rank range in ranked right now.
This is a grade A way to destroy what good was done ehen composer was released.

People don't play ranked for many reasons. Some of it is age (many of us who played h1 and H2 are now in our 30/40s with other obligations). The second, at least for me, is that I dislike objective games and composer now allows me to play my game of choice without getting stuck in 3 games of assault in a row. I'm sure some people avoid ranked just because they're poor players who don't want to get stomped more than they already do in social...
Then, which is the problem with mixing Ranked with Social in a way where ranks are hidden and only treated as a skill matching tool, to allow for balanced games? You'll still have the freedom of the Composer (in terms of modes and Halos), combined with the fairness of the old Ranked system.
I don't have a problem with that. Whether the population outside h3 can support it is another story...
I'm glad to see at least a part of the community is up for evolution and improvements, rather than keeping a system that unfortunately is not working anymore due to the introduction of the Composer.
Quote:
- Make a rank based in size and/or Halo game chosen. Maybe hide it, as many users proposed. This includes BTB (8v8) and 1v1, but not Infection (12v12), unless they add FFA (Rumble Pit) to it. If more than one Halo is selected, then it will search within the best one. This system wouldn't keep the ranked section, but they're alike. It would also focus the population just in the Composer, so it'd make it easier to find games
That one is probably the best option, but add the Halo Reach social experience system too.
These days it seems that Ranked is not working properly; the situation is getting more and more unbalanced, and population is practically inexistent (H2A Hardcore and CE Doubles is a good example of this).

Maybe it's time to take into account some of the suggestions in the main post. I think a playlist refresh could work too: change the current list or include more Halo games (for example, Halo 4 Slayer/Objective). However, I'm not sure about that possibility, as Hardcore games are not getting so much attention.

What's your opinion? Do you think it should change this time or the playlist refresh is probably enough?

Note: I don't think this should be considered bumping as this topic is getting now worse.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3