Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Ranked Invasion Hacking/ Modding needs fixing ASAP

OP Captain Rex C67

Just came across the ‘lovely’ PC player who was modding/ hacking our ranked match of Invasion Breakpoint. The guy could fly/ jump very far/ high to the point he jumped the bomb from spawn to drop point within 5 seconds of hitting that phase.
he could rapid fire headshot DMRs and needly rifles leading to 30+ deaths a player, until 4 of our team quit because of him.
He could even go through the barriers protecting Spartan spawns as an Elite so even not playing/ hiding wouldn’t work against him.
Pretty much played and won the match himself. I’ve played Invasion for months now but this is the first time I’ve legitimately witnessed a cheater. I’ve reported the player in the correct manner but the above exploits could do with fixing to stop this ruining an otherwise great gametype.
I had a guy on the social playlist doing the same thing yesterday. I got a video of it, he jumped, warped, jumped shot me and killed me and then managed to disappear. He ended with 34 kills and one death.

Kind of ruined it. I am still not sure how his team lost. It did make me laugh though, clearly he did not care that it was obvious he was cheating.
I had a guy on the social playlist doing the same thing yesterday. I got a video of it, he jumped, warped, jumped shot me and killed me and then managed to disappear. He ended with 34 kills and one death.

Kind of ruined it. I am still not sure how his team lost. It did make me laugh though, clearly he did not care that it was obvious he was cheating.
That’s dissappointing that it’s in social too. Yeah it’s stupidly obvious what they’re doing. They seem to think they’re above banning for now :(
Unfortunately until they start making serious moves on the pc platform this will continue to get more common and worse over all.

The best implementation I could think of is what CoD Warzone I believe did and that was require accounts on pc to register a phone number. This made it extremely difficult to just make a new account once one got banned.

That’s dissappointing that it’s in social too. Yeah it’s stupidly obvious what they’re doing. They seem to think they’re above banning for now :(
To be fair, the guy had skill. I don’t even know how to fly or disappear…skill, it’s skill right?
Either a new hack released or the same little group of hackers but it's definitely escalating. My fear is that Infinite will be ate up with hackers like every other f2p game. Halo just isn't playable with that stuff happening.

That's really sad. When Players just stoop so low that they feel like they have to cheat just to annoy other players, or to win, when they can just play fair and possibly enjoy the game far more. Honestly, when players cheat, they are just cheating themselves out of the experience of the game. Not to mention that they can also get themselves rightfully banned by doing that.