Skip to main content
Is ray tracing coming to MCC when playing on Series X?
Is ray tracing coming to MCC when playing on Series X?
Nothing about this has been confirmed yet but I guess it could happen at some point. Once the Halo 4 flight and feature update is out...I suspect things like Ray tracing may come later.
Is ray tracing coming to MCC when playing on Series X?
Nothing confirmed as of right now.
Ray tracing could come to MCC at some point but I believe something so large and complex like Ray tracing might take a long time to come to the game as Halo Infinite is the main priority for 343i at the moment.

Considering Ray tracing wasn’t going to be in Halo Infinite when it was still scheduled for November 10th but be in a later update I think MCC wouldn’t get that sort of update for a long time to come.
TheDonCJG wrote:
Is ray tracing coming to MCC when playing on Series X?
Nothing confirmed as of right now.
Ray tracing could come to MCC at some point but I believe something so large and complex like Ray tracing might take a long time to come to the game as Halo Infinite is the main priority for 343i at the moment.

Considering Ray tracing wasn’t going to be in Halo Infinite when it was still scheduled for November 10th but be in a later update I think MCC wouldn’t get that sort of update for a long time to come.
Well MCC team are different from the Infinite team. Currently a part of 343i is dedicated to MCC and are actively working on improving upon MCC. I doubt Infinite will effect MCC's future updates as much since they've been close with the community on this one, they have plenty of feature requests that they are either working on or looking into for the future of MCC.

As for Infinite it wasn't going to have 'Ray Tracing' at launch but I don't see why it wouldn't now since the delays will have given them enough time to put this in for when the new release date arrives next year or in 2022. Anyway based on the pattern of 'Infinite' and launch window of the MCC flights...I would suspect 'Ray Tracing' is more likely to be a 2021 feature for both Infinite and MCC.
ronnie42 wrote:
TheDonCJG wrote:
Is ray tracing coming to MCC when playing on Series X?
Nothing confirmed as of right now.
Ray tracing could come to MCC at some point but I believe something so large and complex like Ray tracing might take a long time to come to the game as Halo Infinite is the main priority for 343i at the moment.

Considering Ray tracing wasn’t going to be in Halo Infinite when it was still scheduled for November 10th but be in a later update I think MCC wouldn’t get that sort of update for a long time to come.
Well MCC team are different from the Infinite team. Currently a part of 343i is dedicated to MCC and are actively working on improving upon MCC. I doubt Infinite will effect MCC's future updates as much since they've been close with the community on this one, they have plenty of feature requests that they are either working on or looking into for the future of MCC.

As for Infinite it wasn't going to have 'Ray Tracing' at launch but I don't see why it wouldn't now since the delays will have given them enough time to put this in for when the new release date arrives next year or in 2022. Anyway based on the pattern of 'Infinite' and launch window of the MCC flights...I would suspect 'Ray Tracing' is more likely to be a 2021 feature for both Infinite and MCC.
Only reason why I’d disagree with MCC not getting Ray tracing at the same time is that the MCC team is significantly smaller than the team working on Infinite.
Between creating content & porting the PC creating Ray tracing for MCC is a lot of work. That’s 6 games worth of work. No easy job at all. Especially considering Infinite is 1 singular game in comparison.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to see MCC have Ray tracing as soon as possible but I can’t see it happening anytime soon. To me Ray tracing alongside Infinite’s RT feature could be on the timeline but I just think it’s way too much work.

Id also consider that development of Infinite is well under way as is. I’d imagine part of the graphical upgrades to Infinite would maybe even include Ray Tracing, considering how poor the game looked in the general public’s perception at least.
I would not be surprised if Ray tracing is in fact a launch feature for the game.

With Halo kind of being Xbox’s signature title launching a next gen game without next gen features would be a bit weird (yes I’m aware the game is also cross compatible).
TheDonCJG wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
TheDonCJG wrote:
Is ray tracing coming to MCC when playing on Series X?
Well MCC team are different from the Infinite team. Currently a part of 343i is dedicated to MCC and are actively working on improving upon MCC. I doubt Infinite will effect MCC's future updates as much since they've been close with the community on this one, they have plenty of feature requests that they are either working on or looking into for the future of MCC.

As for Infinite it wasn't going to have 'Ray Tracing' at launch but I don't see why it wouldn't now since the delays will have given them enough time to put this in for when the new release date arrives next year or in 2022. Anyway based on the pattern of 'Infinite' and launch window of the MCC flights...I would suspect 'Ray Tracing' is more likely to be a 2021 feature for both Infinite and MCC.
Only reason why I’d disagree with MCC not getting Ray tracing at the same time is that the MCC team is significantly smaller than the team working on Infinite.
Between creating content & porting the PC creating Ray tracing for MCC is a lot of work. That’s 6 games worth of work. No easy job at all. Especially considering Infinite is 1 singular game in comparison.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to see MCC have Ray tracing as soon as possible but I can’t see it happening anytime soon. To me Ray tracing alongside Infinite’s RT feature could be on the timeline but I just think it’s way too much work.

Id also consider that development of Infinite is well under way as is. I’d imagine part of the graphical upgrades to Infinite would maybe even include Ray Tracing, considering how poor the game looked in the general public’s perception at least.
I would not be surprised if Ray tracing is in fact a launch feature for the game.

With Halo kind of being Xbox’s signature title launching a next gen game without next gen features would be a bit weird (yes I’m aware the game is also cross compatible).
Yep know what you mean, that's why was saying it's more likely to be a 2021 update. Plus if they were going to update each Halo with the update...it would probably need to be tested per game so basically more flights, just not expecting it anytime soon.
I think the real question is, " Will MCC get optimized for the Series X?" , it may seem like a dumb thing to ask but I haven't seen its name on any lists at all. Obviously it will run better innately on the better hardware but many more benefits could come from an optimization for the game like 120fps I mean mid to low tier PCs can run mcc at about 120 fps if you play with the "experimental uncapped frames" setting toggled on.
Foombles wrote:
I think the real question is, " Will MCC get optimized for the Series X?" , it may seem like a dumb thing to ask but I haven't seen its name on any lists at all. Obviously it will run better innately on the better hardware but many more benefits could come from an optimization for the game like 120fps I mean mid to low tier PCs can run mcc at about 120 fps if you play with the "experimental uncapped frames" setting toggled on.
I think their focus at the moment is trying to get the quality of MCC up to a certain standard before they start working on more complicated 'updates' like this.
ronnie42 wrote:
Foombles wrote:
I think the real question is, " Will MCC get optimized for the Series X?" , it may seem like a dumb thing to ask but I haven't seen its name on any lists at all. Obviously it will run better innately on the better hardware but many more benefits could come from an optimization for the game like 120fps I mean mid to low tier PCs can run mcc at about 120 fps if you play with the "experimental uncapped frames" setting toggled on.
I think their focus at the moment is trying to get the quality of MCC up to a certain standard before they start working on more complicated 'updates' like this.
Agreed. Fix the many performance issues, and add the requested features and remastered maps before any next gen upgrades.
ronnie42 wrote:
Foombles wrote:
I think the real question is, " Will MCC get optimized for the Series X?" , it may seem like a dumb thing to ask but I haven't seen its name on any lists at all. Obviously it will run better innately on the better hardware but many more benefits could come from an optimization for the game like 120fps I mean mid to low tier PCs can run mcc at about 120 fps if you play with the "experimental uncapped frames" setting toggled on.
I think their focus at the moment is trying to get the quality of MCC up to a certain standard before they start working on more complicated 'updates' like this.
It wmseems to be in good working order, but I get what you are saying
Raytracing will most likely not be coming unless you're willing to be accepting of something going wrong when 343 would try to dig into the BLAM Engine and overhaul the lighting engines of each and every MCC engine branch. It's not as simple as flicking a switch and it would screw with the aestetics of all the games, remastered or not.
It’s most likely going to look a little better obviously but Ray Tracing might be a little later on