Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Re-Release MCC Complete Edition physically on disc

OP GuitarHeroAero

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Slayerkodi wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Willko wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
I suspect if this does happen then it's more likely to happen around the same time as the new Xbox releases so it gives them time to add in Reach, I guess finish off Odst.
Actually the disc is still fine for local, it was more problematic when playing online like in co-op/multiplayer. Plus as far I can tell MCC will still be getting updates to improve the collection like custom games browser, etc...so the updates probably won't be stopping even if they released a MCC refresh collection but do kind of agree about the collection since actually enjoy having a physical copy that I can own permanently, yeh it is sad that Reach/Odst remaster is digital only.
I think the physical disk only contains the 4 campaigns and the multiplayer for HCE, H2, and H2A. So, if you wanted to play local splitscreen Halo 3 or Halo 4 multiplayer, you would have needed MCC's day one patch anyway. That day one patch contained the rest of the game because it couldn't fit on the disk.
Not sure about that but that would be pretty annoying if true since I originally bought MCC so I could have the choice to be able to play the entire game offline in case the servers ever go offline.
You do know you can play the whole digital game offline right?
And if anything ever happens to their hard drive, how are they supposed to redownload that digital content in the event of a server shutdown?
Slayerkodi wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Willko wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
I suspect if this does happen then it's more likely to happen around the same time as the new Xbox releases so it gives them time to add in Reach, I guess finish off Odst.
Actually the disc is still fine for local, it was more problematic when playing online like in co-op/multiplayer. Plus as far I can tell MCC will still be getting updates to improve the collection like custom games browser, etc...so the updates probably won't be stopping even if they released a MCC refresh collection but do kind of agree about the collection since actually enjoy having a physical copy that I can own permanently, yeh it is sad that Reach/Odst remaster is digital only.
I think the physical disk only contains the 4 campaigns and the multiplayer for HCE, H2, and H2A. So, if you wanted to play local splitscreen Halo 3 or Halo 4 multiplayer, you would have needed MCC's day one patch anyway. That day one patch contained the rest of the game because it couldn't fit on the disk.
Not sure about that but that would be pretty annoying if true since I originally bought MCC so I could have the choice to be able to play the entire game offline in case the servers ever go offline.
You do know you can play the whole digital game offline right?
Sort of. But what we was referring to is the physical version, not the digital version...the servers aren't going to last forever and have a physical copy usually means I can play these type of games for years to come well after a company chooses to pull the digital downloads from their servers.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2