Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Reach achievements: what should there be

OP MorseyBaby

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Looking for suggestions/feelings about Reach achievements in MCC:
  1. Which achievements from Reach have to be included in MCC?
  2. Which achievements from Reach shouldn't be included in MCC?
  3. Are there any new achievements you think should be added?
They have to include “If You Came To Hear Me Beg”. That unlock was one of the most satisfying I’ve ever had.
MorseyBaby wrote:
Looking for suggestions/feelings about Reach achievements in MCC:
  1. Which achievements from Reach have to be included in MCC?
  2. Which achievements from Reach shouldn't be included in MCC?
  3. Are there any new achievements you think should be added?
For me:
Keep:
  • "A monument to all your sins" (Solo Legendary),
  • "Tank beats everything" (keep tank alive on legendary in 9th mission),
  • "Game, Set, Match" (complete Firefight set on legendary without dying)
Remove:
  • Spoonful of Blamite
  • Lucky Me
Add:
  • Collect all datapads - tentative title "Conversations from the Universe"
  • Kill a BoB (sorry, gold ranger-class elite)
  • Enter Halsey's Lab/The Tribute Room
Add an achievement called "peekaboo" for seeing chief in his cryo pod.
3. Make inheritor an achievement.
No thanks. We don’t need grind fest nonsense like that.
No thanks. We don’t need grind fest nonsense like that.
Then 343 should lessen what it takes to max out the perfectionist and grounded commendations. I dont think its possible to max them out before becoming an inheritor.
"If they came to hear me beg..." Just brings back memories of hours of frustrating failed attempts on "Pillar of Autumn"

But, man, getting that one was so worth it. I'm just not sure if I'm down for going for that achievement again!
I think LASO and under 3 hours are a given. I would prefer they campaign achievements over multiplayer ones. Grinding online for something ridiculous like environmentalists isn't fun for anyone.
It would be nice if they didnt have sub 3hour and laso.

I'd prefer each level specific achievement from the og game, each difficulty, solo legendary, par time and score is fine, moa and bob kills, halsey room,
I’ve never seen a BoB or the Halsey room, so I’d be happy to see both have achievements. Those fit nicely with the theme of doing achievements for Easter Eggs.
For new achievements I think finding all Data Pads. Then either finding a BOB elite and killing it or finding all BOB elites throughout the campaign and killing them. Find all GRD dolls in the Anniversary map pack.

I'd prefer each level specific achievement from the og game, each difficulty, solo legendary, par time and score is fine, moa and bob kills, halsey room,
Disagree personally, but respect where you're coming from. Reach in under 3 hours will be very doable and I've never actually done every level LASO
MorseyBaby wrote:

Disagree personally, but respect where you're coming from. Reach in under 3 hours will be very doable and I've never actually done every level LASO
Ive done the whole thing slaso, and most of it mythic. Just dont wanna do that again x.x If they are there then ill do it either way. Just its going to piss me off

I just don't want the stress of sub 3 and laso but i wanna get all the achievements for it xD
MorseyBaby wrote:

Ive done the whole thing slaso, and most of it mythic. Just dont wanna do that again x.x If they are there then ill do it either way. Just its going to piss me off

I just don't want the stress of sub 3 and laso but i wanna get all the achievements for it xD
Therein lies the rub.

Personally, having not put myself through that because there haven't been such achievements before, would totally be up for it
Definitely BoB and data pad achievements. There were a lot of fun side things to do in Reach that didn't have achievements tied to them, like the Tribute Room as well, and also the Pelican/Phantom on New Alexandria.
MorseyBaby wrote:
MorseyBaby wrote:

Therein lies the rub.

Personally, having not put myself through that because there haven't been such achievements before, would totally be up for it
Its actually not really that terrible. Mainly only LNoS, and PoA were the 2 truely difficult af levels, and the only 2 i wasnt able to do mythic might have been one more i couldnt do mythic. But i did do them laso with the s&q for the weekly challanges

I even ended up helping 3 friends do each weekly as well on seperate occasions. Once we hit PoA, i told all 3 of them im doing it once, heres my schedule. Pick a 6 hour slot you can all do. XD.
MorseyBaby wrote:
MorseyBaby wrote:

Therein lies the rub.

Its actually not really that terrible. Mainly only LNoS, and PoA were the 2 truely difficult af levels, and the only 2 i wasnt able to do mythic might have been one more i couldnt do mythic. But i did do them laso with the s&q for the weekly challanges

I even ended up helping 3 friends do each weekly as well on seperate occasions. Once we hit PoA, i told all 3 of them im doing it once, heres my schedule. Pick a 6 hour slot you can all do. XD.
Haha.... I now so want that to be an achievement. Can just imagine the TrueAchievements gaming sessions for it
Completing Sword Base, The Package and Tip of the Spear on Legendary without using a vehicle while eliminating all ennemies (must be dead, killed by the player or something else) .
They have to include “If You Came To Hear Me Beg”. That unlock was one of the most satisfying I’ve ever had.
Dude, this one was a pain
I kept killing that god dammit elite for hours, but yes that would be necessary
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3