Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Reach achievements: what should there be

OP MorseyBaby

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Completing Sword Base, The Package and Tip of the Spear on Legendary without using a vehicle while eliminating all ennemies (must be dead, killed by the player or something else) .
Hahaha that's sadistic but I love it!
They have to include “If You Came To Hear Me Beg”. That unlock was one of the most satisfying I’ve ever had.
Dude, this one was a pain
I kept killing that god dammit elite for hours, but yes that would be necessary
I hate to be that guy, but.... nailed this on my first attempt, on my first playthrough
MorseyBaby wrote:
Completing Sword Base, The Package and Tip of the Spear on Legendary without using a vehicle while eliminating all ennemies (must be dead, killed by the player or something else) .
They have to include “If You Came To Hear Me Beg”. That unlock was one of the most satisfying I’ve ever had.
Dude, this one was a pain
I kept killing that god dammit elite for hours, but yes that would be necessary
I hate to be that guy, but.... nailed this on my first attempt, on my first playthrough
;(
adding all possible archivments that were in the Og Reach + adding archievments for the collectibles etc + some easter egg archievments ( like the one with chief in cryo ) and of course your standart mcc archievments with score , speed etc
MorseyBaby wrote:
It's supposed to be a bit challenging, any enemy leaving the map or respawning don't count for the killing.
adding all possible archivments that were in the Og Reach + adding archievments for the collectibles etc + some easter egg archievments ( like the one with chief in cryo ) and of course your standart mcc archievments with score , speed etc
That could work, but unless you reduce the gamerscore of some of them you'd easily be at 1500 gamerscore being added (and I imagine they'll also want to retain some of the 700 gamerscore of DLC achievements from the original game.

Plus... if they're including new Gamerscore it will probably have to be split as any Multiplayer achievements would be via a Title Update, while any Campaign/Firefight would be paid DLC. May even be to keep the numbers nice they split it to be 500 Gamerscore or so for the Title Update (Multiplayer Reach achievements and.... maybe some additional achievements) and either 500, 1000 or 1500 for the DLC.
MorseyBaby wrote:
It's supposed to be a bit challenging, any enemy leaving the map or respawning don't count for the killing.
That would make the BoBs particularly interesting... killing them before they disappear is always tough.

I totally want to play that achievement now. If anyone from 343 is reading this The Grunt 281 deserves full credit (/abuse from all the frustrated playthroughs ended by a BoB getting away)
Definitely BoB and data pad achievements. There were a lot of fun side things to do in Reach that didn't have achievements tied to them, like the Tribute Room as well, and also the Pelican/Phantom on New Alexandria.
There were so many cool Easter eggs in Reach that not many people knew about. Given 343’s really excellent track record with such things so far, I have hope that they’ll include most of them as achievements!
Definitely BoB and data pad achievements. There were a lot of fun side things to do in Reach that didn't have achievements tied to them, like the Tribute Room as well, and also the Pelican/Phantom on New Alexandria.
There were so many cool Easter eggs in Reach that not many people knew about. Given 343’s really excellent track record with such things so far, I have hope that they’ll include most of them as achievements!
Really hope so too. I nean yes some are a pain (looking at you Scarab gun) but that just gave it an even greater sense of achievement.
MorseyBaby wrote:
I totally want to play that achievement now. If anyone from 343 is reading this The Grunt 281 deserves full credit (/abuse from all the frustrated playthroughs ended by a BoB getting away)
Thinking about that, it's impossible to kill all enemies in Tip of the Spear as the Falcon ride still spawns the enemies on the side the player isn't covering.

Those mysterious Banshees at the BXR mine don't always show up but it's possible they end up stuck out of view (oh and there is nothing effective at long range anyway) . That's the problem with an achievement like that : enemies stuck and hidden when it's not done on purpose. And for areas that are unloaded with enemies I don't know how an achievement should handle this.

Maybe a good % of the enemy count instead of all. Also there is more missions on other Halos (Assault on the Control Room is a good start) .
MorseyBaby wrote:
Thinking about that, it's impossible to kill all enemies in Tip of the Spear as the Falcon ride still spawns the enemies on the side the player isn't covering.

Those mysterious Banshees at the BXR mine don't always show up but it's possible they end up stuck out of view (oh and there is nothing effective at long range anyway) . That's the problem with an achievement like that : enemies stuck and hidden when it's not done on purpose. And for areas that are unloaded with enemies I don't know how an achievement should handle this.

Maybe a good % of the enemy count instead of all. Also there is more missions on other Halos (Assault on the Control Room is a good start) .
Presumably could do it as kill x grunts, kill y jackals, kill z elites etc in a single playthrough of a level?
MorseyBaby wrote:
Presumably could do it as kill x grunts, kill y jackals, kill z elites etc in a single playthrough of a level?
Something like that, the vehicles aren't targets but only the enemies inside.
MorseyBaby wrote:
Something like that, the vehicles aren't targets but only the enemies inside.
That would allow for hijacking as a method so would make most sense... though you could insist on the vehicles being destroyed
There should be an achievement for splattering ten or more enemies in the campaign... with a forklift.
There should be an achievement for splattering ten or more enemies in the campaign... with a forklift.
Like that thinking
Everything the original Reach had, please no LASO achievements but knowing them they're gonna do it anyway. I only say this because all my friends aren't on PC.
I want all halo reach achievements back (excluding multiplayer achievements those suck ) with some new additional tooachievements
Add an achievement called "peekaboo" for seeing chief in his cryo pod.
I giggled at that. That should be added. :P
MorseyBaby wrote:
That would allow for hijacking as a method so would make most sense... though you could insist on the vehicles being destroyed
When I do a 100% kills and no vehicles run I don't board or even flip vehicles, in a coop attempt on Combat Evolved we had to restart because a Shade was flipped. On light vehicles you take the wheel so this is a big no.

I always try to spare vehicles if I don't have to go out of the way, if I have enough firepower I don't bother too much (Target Locator against the 2 Wraiths) .

Again, they can be useful to lure enemies.
MorseyBaby wrote:
When I do a 100% kills and no vehicles run I don't board or even flip vehicles, in a coop attempt on Combat Evolved we had to restart because a Shade was flipped. On light vehicles you take the wheel so this is a big no.

I always try to spare vehicles if I don't have to go out of the way, if I have enough firepower I don't bother too much (Target Locator against the 2 Wraiths) .

Again, they can be useful to lure enemies.
But in the old scoring system didn't you get points even for destroying an empty one?
MorseyBaby wrote:
But in the old scoring system didn't you get points even for destroying an empty one?
No points at all, an "enemy-occupied" vehicle is a kill when destroyed but only part of the kill count, not the best spree... here is the fun fact.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3