Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Reach achievements: what should there be

OP MorseyBaby

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
MorseyBaby wrote:
But in the old scoring system didn't you get points even for destroying an empty one?
No points at all, an "enemy-occupied" vehicle is a kill when destroyed but only part of the kill count, not the best spree... here is the fun fact.
Wow... honestly didn't know that. Learn something new every day.

Anyhoo... back to topic...

What about a new achievement for splattering x enemies on the Mongoose on Pillar of Autumn?
Personally, I wouldn't mind if they don't add any multiplayer achievements nor any achievements that require more than one person online to unlock (especially that one achievement where you have to assassinate someone after they get out of armour lock).

Easter eggs and glitch based achievements? Sure, why not. Get your butt into the Tribute Room, kill a BOB elite on legendary, fly a Falcon in the first level, find a way to use the Pelican's turret in the final segment in Long Night of Solace, have Kat drive a Warthog and fall off a cliff from her incompetent driving (just for giggles), etc....
Personally, I wouldn't mind if they don't add any multiplayer achievements nor any achievements that require more than one person online to unlock (especially that one achievement where you have to assassinate someone after they get out of armour lock).

Easter eggs and glitch based achievements? Sure, why not. Get your butt into the Tribute Room, kill a BOB elite on legendary, fly a Falcon in the first level, find a way to use the Pelican's turret in the final segment in Long Night of Solace, Have Kat drive a Warthog and fall off a cliff from her incompetent driving (just for giggles), etc....
I don't mind the MP achievements as much as some and plenty of them are fairly fun to get, but they mostly end up just being boosted which takes away the achievement a bit
3. Make inheritor an achievement.
Another long and painful grind for something that was already achievable? I’m taking a hard pass on that one.
3. Make inheritor an achievement.
Another long and painful grind for something that was already achievable? I’m taking a hard pass on that one.
Agreed
They have to include “If You Came To Hear Me Beg”. That unlock was one of the most satisfying I’ve ever had.
If they're going to include this, by god it needs to be tested and fixed.
So many people spent hours or days trying to get it to pop, even though they would do exactly what every tutorial known was saying.
AshamanND wrote:
They have to include “If You Came To Hear Me Beg”. That unlock was one of the most satisfying I’ve ever had.
If they're going to include this, by god it needs to be tested and fixed.
So many people spent hours or days trying to get it to pop, even though they would do exactly what every tutorial known was saying.
True dat. Let's not get another Flipyap
Dude, this one was a pain
I kept killing that god dammit elite for hours, but yes that would be necessary
When I first played campaign I had no idea where to get “If They Came to Hear me Beg...”. I actually got it on the Package while defending Halsey’s lab. Let’s just say it involved using the jet pack while being shot at by dozens of enemies on Legendary and a lot of luck to land on an Elite that wasn’t occupied with shooting at me. Like most people who’ve gotten this achievement, it took me many attempts to get it to work right. Then of course, I start the Pillar of Autumn and see just the place that Bungie intended this achievement to be done. Maybe I should use the same strategy again if this achievement (undoubtedly) returns :P
I think LASO and under 3 hours are a given. I would prefer they campaign achievements over multiplayer ones. Grinding online for something ridiculous like environmentalists isn't fun for anyone.
I totally agree! No more grinding achievements. I’m not going to grind for inheritor. If they do make that an achievement they better not reset my rank.
Snake EY wrote:
I think LASO and under 3 hours are a given. I would prefer they campaign achievements over multiplayer ones. Grinding online for something ridiculous like environmentalists isn't fun for anyone.
I totally agree! No more grinding achievements. I’m not going to grind for inheritor. If they do make that an achievement they better not reset my rank.
Oh no worries, im 99% sure 343 wouldnt do that 😀 i just suggested it.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3