OP MaritimeSteak85

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Shadow Yuk wrote:
Reach original customization will come back, confirmed an hour ago on Reddit by ske7ch343

“First, we're happy to say that Halo: Reach in MCC will in fact have the same level of "mix and match" customization found in the original games (all the individual armor pieces, etc..). As to how it's earned, we are exploring a new and deeper progression system that retains the feel of the old systems and blends them with newer models for game progression (all based on in-game play, no type of monetization or anything of that nature)”
Was so happy to read this
Me too! :)
It would be very disappointing to have the presets that Halos 2:A, 3, and 4 have also be applied to Halo Reach given that game is well known for it's customization system, that also ties into the campaign with Noble 6's armor

And if we do get customization for Reach, rather than presets, I don't see why Halo 3 and 4 (and maybe even Halo 2 Anniversary) shouldn't also get theirs.

As for unlocking the armor? Just give the entire armory to the players, everything locked behind the waypoint requirements (Military Police Helmet, CQB helmet, UA/Base Security Chest) every single piece of armor. I really don't want to grind away at Reach's Armory THIRD TIME.
Give everything away? I dont want any armour lol I want to work for it. people on pc like myself have not played halo in ages. Getting everything for free would fell cheap and gimmicky.
Yeah, everything, I'm looking at this in the context of the MCC, not the original games. I could actually care less this far into the MCC's life and the age of the games in the collection, I want the customization, not the progression. However I do absolutely understand what you want, and i do agree, but in the context of how the MCC handles customization? Eh...

Not that it matters anyway, we just got confirmation that Reach is getting it's customization and a newer version of it's progression system in the AMA today. Hopefully we'll get the stuff locked behind waypoint requirements be it unlockable via credits.

And I guess 3 and 4's customization isn't on the roadmap, somehow. as if many of us haven't been asking for years literally, for Halo 3 and 4 to get their proper customization back. Should their progression return? I could care less this far into the MCC's life as I've mentioned.
Yeah, everything, I'm looking at this in the context of the MCC, not the original games. I could actually care less this far into the MCC's life and the age of the games in the collection, I want the customization, not the progression. However I do absolutely understand what you want, and i do agree, but in the context of how the MCC handles customization? Eh...

Not that it matters anyway, we just got confirmation that Reach is getting it's customization and a newer version of it's progression system in the AMA today. Hopefully we'll get the stuff locked behind waypoint requirements be it unlockable via credits.

And I guess 3 and 4's customization isn't on the roadmap, somehow. as if many of us haven't been asking for years literally, for Halo 3 and 4 to get their proper customization back. Should their progression return? I could care less this far into the MCC's life as I've mentioned.
Has there been confirmation on 3 & 4's customization not being on the roadmap? As far as I'm concerned if they haven't confirmed they aren't working on it, it's quite possible they could surprise us when Reach is added. A sort of "Hey Reach had such great customization so we're bringing that in full, but we are also bringing the rest of 3 & 4's missing pieces as well"

At the same time though, it doesn't surprise me that they are making sure they do this with Reach, as it was such a beloved part of that game, as well as the repeated requests for them to fix 3 and 4's customization may have helped them realize that if they bring in Reach they might as well get it all right the first time. It may be more difficult than we think to go back in after the fact and fix 3 & 4, but since they are bringing the entirety of Reach in, they might as well bring the customization in correctly as well.

As far as the progression system, I just hope it isn't too intensive. I've already unlocked so much of Reach's armor to begin with, I don't want to grind endlessly again for the armor.
You know 99% of my time in Reach is the Armor Customization so yay its back and hopefully we get new info about progression and also hopefully Halo 3 and 4 will get back their customization
PS Remember Reach and Halo Chess can't forget about Halo Chess the superior form of chess
PSS Fun Fact in MCC you can recreate your emblems from Pre 343 halo games and that emblem would transfer over to your H4 Spartan on the 360
I pretend that all armor must be unlockable like the other games
It will be identical to the original.
Well it's look like this was a yes for reach so that's FANTASTIC am I right
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
The best of the best idea on the forum is here and increase a OP Magnum
Lets remember something, the red flame is called 'eternal' flame, not the 9 year flame.
Eternal also meaning showing gratitude, when you downloaded the red flame helmet, Bungie say this: https://imgur.com/gallery/FQX3rl4
Giving this armour affect away to the masses is not a way to win over Reach fanatics.
343 is in a position where they will cause more damage to the Reach fanbase making the Blue/Red flames/UA MT chest piece available to everyone. Giving them away to original owners exclusively is going to be a great gesture to Reach fans, and keep that special feeling of the 'eternal' flame burn on, forever.
"You still have the flames on Reach" it doesn't matter, this is going to be the best version of Reach, forever!
Bungie used Legacy mode on their titles to transfer stats, no excuses: https://i.redd.it/u66az2jqmhgz.jpg
343 can easily give OG owners their flames, they are licensed attached to our accounts.
Will halo 3 on MCC eventually get armor customization back?
[This message will most likely be lost and wait awhile before it's read.]
Question, Will the Preorder, Limited/Legendary Editions, Waypoint and Bungie customization variations be in MCC Halo Reach?

Helmets:
CQB, CQB HU/RS/CNM Variant & CQB UA/HUL Variant (Halo Waypoint)
Military Police, Military Police CBRN/HU/RS Variant & Military Police HU/RS/CNM Variant (Halo Waypoint)
Recon UA/HUL Variant (Preorder/Release Day)

Chest:
UA/Base Security (Halo Waypoint)
UA/Multi-Threat (Preorder)

Armor Effects:
Legendary/Red Flaming Helmet (Legendary Editions)
Eternal/Blue Flaming Helmet (Bungie IOS App)

Elite Armor:
Officer Variant (Limited/Legendary Editions)

Also, will Halo 3 ODST Firefight be brought into MCC as well, and if so, will it include the ODST Firefight customization with the Sgt. Johnson Preorder character, same with the Halo 4 DLC armor, weapon skins & loadout options (Tactical Packages & Support Upgrades). I'm not requesting them to be included, just curious. It would add more to the MCC and would truly feel like the definitive collection of the FPS Halo games. I can understand why ODST Firefight might not have been included, but the exclusion of Halo 4's DLC content (Not including maps or Spartan Ops) was a little disappointing. Though MCC is still amazing for what it has to offer. In my opinion, it's the best way to experience Halo.
zRH7 wrote:
Lets remember something, the red flame is called 'eternal' flame, not the 9 year flame.
Eternal also meaning showing gratitude, when you downloaded the red flame helmet, Bungie say this: https://imgur.com/gallery/FQX3rl4
Giving this armour affect away to the masses is not a way to win over Reach fanatics.
343 is in a position where they will cause more damage to the Reach fanbase making the Blue/Red flames/UA MT chest piece available to everyone. Giving them away to original owners exclusively is going to be a great gesture to Reach fans, and keep that special feeling of the 'eternal' flame burn on, forever.
"You still have the flames on Reach" it doesn't matter, this is going to be the best version of Reach, forever!
Bungie used Legacy mode on their titles to transfer stats, no excuses: https://i.redd.it/u66az2jqmhgz.jpg
343 can easily give OG owners their flames, they are licensed attached to our accounts.
The Eternal armor effect is the Blue Flame not Red. Legendary is the red one.
Also I somewhat agree with the legacy idea, but not intirely.
H0wlingK9 wrote:
Question, Will the Preorder, Limited/Legendary Editions, Waypoint and Bungie customization variations be in MCC Halo Reach?
<space snip>
Also, will Halo 3 ODST Firefight be brought into MCC as well
For unlocks:
Quote:
We are looking into ways to incorporate all unlocks that required account links, external apps, preorders, and even some previously unreleased content for Halo: Reach as well. We can’t commit to a full list until we fully understand the technical limitations and whether we have all the required source art assets for each item. For reference, the reason we have been unable to include the Champions Bundle armor and abilities for Halo 4 in MCC is because those items existed in both code and data, and it has proven very difficult to bring that content over to the Xbox One.- <https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-development-update-june-2019>
As for ODST:
Quote:
ODST Firefight - we know this is a longstanding request from players and is something the team will continue to evaluate for the future. For now, our focus is on bringing ODST's Campaign to MCC on PC.
- <https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/b2yhk8/mcc_pc_halo_reach_and_halo_insider_ama/?st=jz7m1sdk&sh=8c3aabce>
So it isn't a yes and it isn't a no; I wouldn't expect it at launch, but maybe somewhere down the road.
H0wlingK9 wrote:
zRH7 wrote:
The Eternal armor effect is the Blue Flame not Red. Legendary is the red one.
Also I somewhat agree with the legacy idea, but not intirely.
Please don't post multiple time in a row. If you need to add more information or quote other users, you can edit your last post. Thanks
It would be very disappointing to have the presets that Halos 2:A, 3, and 4 have also be applied to Halo Reach given that game is well known for it's customization system, that also ties into the campaign with Noble 6's armor

And if we do get customization for Reach, rather than presets, I don't see why Halo 3 and 4 (and maybe even Halo 2 Anniversary) shouldn't also get theirs.

As for unlocking the armor? Just give the entire armory to the players, everything locked behind the waypoint requirements (Military Police Helmet, CQB helmet, UA/Base Security Chest) every single piece of armor. I really don't want to grind away at Reach's Armory THIRD TIME.
Honestly if they were going give it away for nothing they should either give us the option if we want to earn it or not. Maybe only a small amount people may actually want to work for it. But working for it was one of the things that made reach so fun.
Bring back the original cR system!
Now that reach on mcc is out i have more questions like what happens when a season end and when it does is possible to still earn the things you missed for example if you reach tier 45 but the season end before you reach the other tiers is possible to get the other things in the later tiers
L0ST HAL0 wrote:
Now that reach on mcc is out i have more questions like what happens when a season end and when it does is possible to still earn the things you missed for example if you reach tier 45 but the season end before you reach the other tiers is possible to get the other things in the later tiers
When a season ends you can still go back and unlock anything you missed from the previous season - it's never permanently locked.
A new season will likely mean playlist changes, new nameplates etc. but you'll still be able to earn and use everything that came before.
L0ST HAL0 wrote:
When a season ends you can still go back and unlock anything you missed from the previous season - it's never permanently locked.
A new season will likely mean playlist changes, new nameplates etc. but you'll still be able to earn and use everything that came before.
Thank you my good sir
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4