I've been working towards the grenade kill achievement for the MCC and I've noticed that the grenade kills are not counting. I was just wanting to know why and if it can be fixed. The kill Joy's work and are counting so I think it's just the nades.
This one has always been a bit of a mystery to me, even before Halo: Reach was added. According to my in-game stats across multiplayer I have 414 grenade kills and yet my achievement tracks it at 37-40% complete.
x N7 117 x wrote:
This one has always been a bit of a mystery to me, even before Halo: Reach was added. According to my in-game stats across multiplayer I have 414 grenade kills and yet my achievement tracks it at 37-40% complete.
Halo 4 is best when it comes to medals actually counting... I was really really hoping reach nades would work so I could finish this achievement.
I truly hope they allow you to get progress towards this achievement in Reach. I do understand that the medal isn't in Reach per say, but grenade kills should still count regardless. But highly unlikely it will change.
Sometimes the the counters can be buggy. It's just one of those achievements that will take some time to get done.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Sometimes the the counters can be buggy. It's just one of those achievements that will take some time to get done.
I had the legendary medals achievement reset to 0/100 way back before H5 came out. I was at 93/100. F
So it doesn't surprise me that other medal counters are messed up too.
Yeah it's really one of those things where just playing, you'll eventually get it. Really the only one that I counted majorly, was the Environmental kills. That was before you could do a custom social game searches though, so I would imagine that being alot easier now, that you can select H2a. I developed a whole routine to kill people with fusion coils lol...
The only way you can obtain progression for the achievement is by obtaining grenade medals. Like Halo 3, you can only progress by sticking people and earning that medal, as Reach doesn't have a medal for a general frag/plasma grenade kill. Halo CE, Halo 2/H2A, and Halo 4 are the best ways to make progress.
I dont bother with multiplayer but got the double kills achievement through firefight. The legendary medals achievement also works in firefight as getting killionaires is pretty easy im already at 60/100. Just seems weird that grenade kills dont count, even with plasma sticks.
FLUFFYR00 wrote:
I dont bother with multiplayer but got the double kills achievement through firefight. The legendary medals achievement also works in firefight as getting killionaires is pretty easy im already at 60/100. Just seems weird that grenade kills dont count, even with plasma sticks.
As Uuv said above it’s specifically related to medals too. Reach doesn’t have a frag medal or plasma medal unless you actually stick a guy, AND the Stuck medal doesn’t even seem to count in firefight. So if you’re grinding the nades achievement Reach is just all around a bad title to do it in. Most of my progression to that achievement so far has been done in H2A.

HOWEVER as you rightly point out Firefight Killionaires do count towards the Legendary medals achievement. You can also use firefight to grind Double Kills, Assists and Assassinations (perhaps even headshots and beatdowns too but I already have those so I’m not sure). But bizarrely Skirmisher kills in firefight don’t count towards the 1,000 skirmishers achievement? You also can’t grind spree medals in firefight either although that I can understand, since you could very easily get a dozen per game if you just suicide every 10 kills.

Long story short, Reach is very hit and miss with what achievements you can work towards within it, especially if you’re a firefight guy/gal/other like me.
Does the Killionairs have to be earned in matchmaking firefight or can they be earned in custom as well?

And does anybody else feel like the timer between the kills, as double to tripple is kind of non existent? I get kills in firefight in less than 3 seconds apart but it still breaks the chain for some reason
Does the Killionairs have to be earned in matchmaking firefight or can they be earned in custom as well?

And does anybody else feel like the timer between the kills, as double to tripple is kind of non existent? I get kills in firefight in less than 3 seconds apart but it still breaks the chain for some reason
Yeah, it'll do that. The Time between Kills in Firefight and Campaign is far less than in Matchmaking. This is purposeful by Design
x N7 117 x wrote:
Remember there was an issue where the progress reset. The achievements are kinda still glitchy dude.

Yes the Killionaires have to be in Matchmaking. It’s still a massive amount easier than it was though. Before Firefight the only Legendary medal I had any hope of getting was Steaktacular and even then it required me to get put on a decent team. With Killionaires though it’s possible to get multiple in one game. Just try and get a phantom to yourself and chain together all the kills as quickly as you’re able. Meleeing grunts in the bonus round or firing both rockets from a launcher into 2 different crowds (aim for the crowd that’s further away first) are the best methods I’ve found.
I could be wrong but I think it’s because a grenade kill in Halo Reach doesn’t award the player with a medal? That’s the only reason I can think of as to why it’s not counting. It’s basically just a regular kill in Reach like a body shot is.