Skip to main content
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7
It's sad that none of the other Halo games had their stats carried over and it may end up the same for Reach. However, there should be recognition for those who got max rank and the same from the other games. What if Inheritors get a one-of-a-kind nameplate or armor appearance? Something we have never seen before?
Anyone who made Inheritor on Reach should have their stats moved over to MCC. It would be good p.r., good for the Halo Community. I'm biased. As an inheritor playing on and off since reach's beta with over a million kills in firefight, i consider having to pay for ff, and to start over from scratch on commendations a slap in the face.
You'll still be an Inheritor with all of your commendations on the Xbox 360 version for as long as you have access to this account and your copy of Halo: Reach. You, and everyone else, will be able to see your progress on the Xbox 360 version of Halo: Reach long after the game is added to Halo: The Master Chief Collection.

You won't be losing anything even if the version of the game within Halo: The Master Chief Collection doesn't share the progress made with the Xbox 360 version.
Halo: Reach on Halo: The Master Chief Collection is a new game. Previous stats do not accurately portray current stats. I, too, had a very high level on Halo: Reach and unlocked all of the armor, but I want to start over. I want something new to work towards to bring me back on the game every day so that I'm not just playing for the heck of it.
Okay, didn't know you could only post 5 times a day, lol. I can understand why that was implemented, but wow, did i write the king of all tldr posts, and lose it.
Confession, i didnt get an xbox one for Halo games. Pretty much gave up on halo after 4. There was a reignited hope that mcc would revive the community, play like the old days, etc. Crushing dissapointment, my friendslist became a ghost town, everyone i know in real life gave up on halo. I started playing reach btb and firefight.
What tipped me over was Minecraft. A better version, and the ability to transfer over one map. The map that myself, family and friends worked on together for years. 343 could tip lots of people over to getting the mcc and an xbone by transferring stats in the same way minecraft did it.
Of course id love to have my halo 2 and 3 stats transfer, but microsoft gave control from bungie to 343, it may not have been possible. Its possible now with reach.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
Quote:
Also, i think it would reignite fierce competition in multiplayer.
It could definitely reignite competition in multiplayer if players had something to work towards. Transfering stats doesnt let players work to earn new stats and new ranks. As for the rest of your post, yes forge will work and yes campaign as well as firefight will be making it into MCC. Also if you would like for Reach to be a separate multiplayer experience and game on the MCC you have the choice to select which games you would like to install such as installing Halo Reach only. Even if you installed every game you can still adjust your multiplayer search to only search for Halo Reach when playing multiplayer. Everything will work out just fine.
USCRuss72 wrote:
Quote:
Also, i think it would reignite fierce competition in multiplayer.
It could definitely reignite competition in multiplayer if players had something to work towards. Transfering stats doesnt let players work to earn new stats and new ranks. As for the rest of your post, yes forge will work and yes campaign as well as firefight will be making it into MCC. Also if you would like for Reach to be a separate multiplayer experience and game on the MCC you have the choice to select which games you would like to install such as installing Halo Reach only. Even if you installed every game you can still adjust your multiplayer search to only search for Halo Reach when playing multiplayer. Everything will work out just fine.
Well, last post for 24 hours. They'd be working on defeating og halo reach inheritors having their moment in the sun. You know you're good if youre able to handle them. An inheritor would become a representative of the game, for good or ill. I'd be pretty easy to waste, since im pretty much a firefight inheritor. 😀 campaign and firefight are making it, sure. As long as you pay for it. Which i understand, 343 has got to make money. But im not paying anything unless inheritors are rewarded for their loyalty. Id have to stop the halo bus and get off. For years i havent communicated in a forum like this. 343 has done me so dirty i feel compelled
I'm an Eclipse, and to be honest, its kindof depressing that I'll be starting from square one again. It took years to get where I am (I played infection all day every day in middle - high school) and Im proud of how high I had obtained...

.. but I know now that I'm an adult that doesnt have the same time to ever do it again. In restarting, I'll probably never make it past field marshal with the few hours I have to spare a week. Thats a terribly depressing thought to me. It's like getting a medal after a marathon, getting out of shape and losing your medal. Have to earn it back again, but that takes serious dedication, and looking at a picture of your medal isnt the same. I feel stupid asking for my medal back, understandably. I know it doesnt work that way.

I realize that anyone can look back and see your 360 rank, but I have the sense those servers wont last much longer. Soon my rank will be lost forever.

It's a weird feeling. Totally useless rank with no objective value and yet there is something subconscious in me that doesnt want to let go.
God 343. I really dont expect you to let me retain my rank... but please dont unlock all armor from the get go. Then rank and the entire leveling system will be truly useless.

Dont get me wrong. Very excited about Reach. I think the rank situation is the one thing that's got me torn up, which is no fault of 343's
Tbh, I could honestly see 343 altering the rank up XP requirements more laxxed than it was back in the day. No XP cap would help a lot but I could also see them dropping XP needed for Inheritor from 20 million to 10.
Tanker475 wrote:
I'm an Eclipse, and to be honest, its kindof depressing that I'll be starting from square one again. It took years to get where I am (I played infection all day every day in middle - high school) and Im proud of how high I had obtained...

.. but I know now that I'm an adult that doesnt have the same time to ever do it again. In restarting, I'll probably never make it past field marshal with the few hours I have to spare a week. Thats a terribly depressing thought to me. It's like getting a medal after a marathon, getting out of shape and losing your medal. Have to earn it back again, but that takes serious dedication, and looking at a picture of your medal isnt the same. I feel stupid asking for my medal back, understandably. I know it doesnt work that way.

I realize that anyone can look back and see your 360 rank, but I have the sense those servers wont last much longer. Soon my rank will be lost forever.

It's a weird feeling. Totally useless rank with no objective value and yet there is something subconscious in me that doesnt want to let go.
God 343. I really dont expect you to let me retain my rank... but please dont unlock all armor from the get go. Then rank and the entire leveling system will be truly useless.

Dont get me wrong. Very excited about Reach. I think the rank situation is the one thing that's got me torn up, which is no fault of 343's
Its kind of akin to having your pet die, when youve put in that much time. But life is change.
343 should give something to the inheritors. But they should transfer stats over. Something. Anything.
Odst on mcc, no firefight. Ok.
Voices of war req pack on h5. I buy it, since I'm grinding to 152 on h5. We talkin 5000 games, so ok. Similar content was more robust and unlockable by credits on reach. You had to buy the req pack on h5. Ok
Reach comes to mcc. Everything you've done is erased and you have to pay for firefight.
No thanks.
I think, since MCC is not a "main" halo game, the grind on MCC Reach should not be as long as 360 Reach was. Or rather, while it would still take a relatively long time to get to Inheritor, getting from Recruit to General (which unlocks all armor for purchase besides Haunted) should not take as much time.
Anyone who reached anything, should be proud of their accomplishment in the 360 version of Reach. However the MCC version is now a fresh start, where all has to be earned again, which i think is good and fair. They stated it won't be happening since it is new code, therefor old data is obsolete.
I understand the “complaint”: Reach grinding was very long and ,if you reached a certain level on 360, trying to unlock everything again would be a bit annoying for some people, to say the least.
I don’t think, however, you will se your original accomplishments on the new version: it didn’t happen for the other titles, I don’t see why would they add the feature only for Reach. They are working, and have worked, on these titles like they are new games.

Plus, we still don’t know how the system will work: they said they will reintroduce it, but We don’t have a confirmation it will be exactly like the old one
KenniTDG wrote:
Anyone who reached anything, should be proud of their accomplishment in the 360 version of Reach. However the MCC version is now a fresh start, where all has to be earned again, which i think is good and fair. They stated it won't be happening since it is new code, therefor old data is obsolete.
Totally Agree, there plenty of fake inheritors on 360 using the PC max credit/rank/ armour unlock trick along with boosting and mods that ruin the game for everyone , mcc fresh start is the best option for the community
Start from scratch. No other titles had progress carry over. Time spent on that progress is irrelevant. This is a game, not a bank account.
I don't think stats or progress should be moved over, as no one else's will, but a special emblem and bannner based on the Inheritor emblem would be cool. It doesn't affect me as I never reached that high.
I dont know if ranking will be the same but id image the helmet for inheritor will be in the mcc
Perhaps they can create nameplates that are unlockable by having achieved certain ranks in the OG games.
Other than that - start from scratch just like the rest of the MCC games.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7