1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 7
I really don't mind starting over. Just as long as they carry over everything such as: Customization, Playlists, Etc. I'll be happy with just that.
Unfortunately i wasnt able to get there i was an eclipse but it was on another account
Anyone who made Inheritor on Reach should have their stats moved over to MCC. It would be good p.r., good for the Halo Community. I'm biased. As an inheritor playing on and off since reach's beta with over a million kills in firefight, i consider having to pay for ff, and to start over from scratch on commendations a slap in the face.
Disagree but I would instead suggest anyone who achieved such things in Reach should have special unlocks (e.g. Nameplate) in MCC when Reach lands
I personally hope they at least let us transfer our Spartan customisation. Even if you can only do it once. I wanna keep my Gungnir CBRN and I'd love the opportunity to keep my blue flames since I'm one of those rare players who got them legit for bungie day.
MorseyBaby wrote:
Anyone who made Inheritor on Reach should have their stats moved over to MCC. It would be good p.r., good for the Halo Community. I'm biased. As an inheritor playing on and off since reach's beta with over a million kills in firefight, i consider having to pay for ff, and to start over from scratch on commendations a slap in the face.
Disagree but I would instead suggest anyone who achieved such things in Reach should have special unlocks (e.g. Nameplate) in MCC when Reach lands
Agree, disagree. Name-plates generally seem kind of pointless as an unlock, rather not change my current one either. I'd rather Inheritor rank armour be tied to service record so it would auto-unlock for those who actually earned it instead of it possibly being given away for doing what might end up feeling like an easy task in comparison.
ronnie42 wrote:
MorseyBaby wrote:
Agree, disagree. Name-plates generally seem kind of pointless as an unlock, rather not change my current one either. I'd rather Inheritor rank armour be tied to service record so it would auto-unlock for those who actually earned it instead of it possibly being given away for doing what might end up feeling like an easy task in comparison.
Also feasible as an option. Porting stats as OP suggested simply isn't.

If there's no other way in MCC to unlock then no issue with the armour set being the unlock.
MorseyBaby wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
MorseyBaby wrote:

If there's no other way in MCC to unlock then no issue with the armour set being the unlock.
Not talking about importing all stats. I'm talking about unlock's, it's is possible since that's how Vidmasters were used. Simply checking certain requirements from previous games like Recon was originally unlocked for Halo 3.
ronnie42 wrote:
MorseyBaby wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
MorseyBaby wrote:

Not talking about importing all stats. I'm talking about unlock's, it's is possible since that's how Vidmasters were used. Simply checking certain requirements from previous games like Recon was originally unlocked for Halo 3.
So it would be possible to have the inheritor unlock at least, 343 hasnt ruled it out?
LUKEPOWA wrote:
None of the other games had their stats transferred so why would Reach? Anyway, I don't want my stats transferred since it's something 'new' to grind for again.
Truth, it’d be reliving Reach.
ronnie42 wrote:
MorseyBaby wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
MorseyBaby wrote:

So it would be possible to have the inheritor unlock at least, 343 hasnt ruled it out?
Sort of but they did say no to stats carrying over but don't think that means no to Vidmaster style unlocks since it's only checking for a rank, nothing more and not actually needing the rank general stats carried across.
ronnie42 wrote:
MorseyBaby wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
MorseyBaby wrote:

Not ruled it out but certainly not ruled it in either
to be honest, I want my stats to transfer over. took me way too long to get to where I am now, and it would be a pain to have grind all over again and re-unlock everything
to be honest, I want my stats to transfer over. took me way too long to get to where I am now, and it would be a pain to have grind all over again and re-unlock everything
Likewise: surely your stats should stand as testament to what you put into that game, MCC is a totally different package so should have alternative stats. Same as all the other games
I'm an inheritor and it will suck if we don't at least get the haunted helmet but if not just think of it as prestige mode lol
A GRD helmet would be nice ;)
I'm an inheritor and it will suck if we don't at least get the haunted helmet but if not just think of it as prestige mode lol
Yeh exactly, I'm concerned about this since it took me a long time to get it and if they make it easy to get then it will make my achievement seem less significant since it took me a long time to get, would be frustrating to see in-game, this is why the haunted helmet should be difficult to unlock, unlocked for people who already reached max rank in Reach, well it shouldn't need all the stats ported off but a simple check and confirm trigger to unlock for MCC....even if it's a 1 off thing like what 343i are doing with the file share upload from 360 to X1.
Man what is everyone talking about? Did I really just read someone comparing their Inheritor rank not transferring over to winning a marathon and then having it taken from them? This is a NEW game. It is NOT the same. It is more akin to winning a 1st place medal for running a 26 mile marathon during the late fall, in Tampa, Florida in 2010. Then in 2019, there is another 26 mile marathon, in the fall, in Tampa. You aren't stripped of your medal just because a rendition of that one event that happened is happening again. You also are not forced to participate in said event.

You are not LOSING anything! Your rank of Inheritor is forever and It is not going anywhere lmao. I personally am a few ranks away from Inheritor but man, that would be boring as all hell if it transferred over. What would I even do? Nothing to grind, that sounds like a senseless endeavor to even pick up the controller and select Reach from that Matchmaking screen.
The progression system will be something fun to grind for and I still stand by my first post.

This post has been hidden.

Man what is everyone talking about? Did I really just read someone comparing their Inheritor rank not transferring over to winning a marathon and then having it taken from them? This is a NEW game. It is NOT the same. It is more akin to winning a 1st place medal for running a 26 mile marathon during the late fall, in Tampa, Florida in 2010. Then in 2019, there is another 26 mile marathon, in the fall, in Tampa. You aren't stripped of your medal just because a rendition of that one event that happened is happening again. You also are not forced to participate in said event.

You are not LOSING anything! Your rank of Inheritor is forever and It is not going anywhere lmao. I personally am a few ranks away from Inheritor but man, that would be boring as all hell if it transferred over. What would I even do? Nothing to grind, that sounds like a senseless endeavor to even pick up the controller and select Reach from that Matchmaking screen.
Technically not a new game. It's a port...with a few changes. The point of this is to remind 343i that things should be earned in meaningful ways, that people have exhausted enough time that they feel like most of us deserve having it since we earned it, nobody wants to be forced to max out a rank again for the same reward, new players could probably still earn it the long way.

Of course it's the same game but with some changes.....which is why there having to port the file shares over from the 360, which wouldn't be possible if it was a different game.

There will be plenty of content to unlock and nobody is saying just unlock every single armour from the start. This is just 1 armour piece to show respect to those that actually earned it the hard way because it too a very long time to unlock, not everyone wants to put in that much time again to unlock the same armour and if they made it easy to get then for those that earned it legit then they would feel cheated....
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 7