2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. ...
  8. 7
Postums wrote:
Stats will not carry over from OG Reach to MCC Reach.
Could I please have a reason as to why?
Do you need a reason? It's a different game, none of the others got the stats carried over, how many times do you need to be told.
Don't need a reason, just would like to know. Ive played a lot, and think not transferring stats from all the games to mcc is a mistake.
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Man what is everyone talking about? Did I really just read someone comparing their Inheritor rank not transferring over to winning a marathon and then having it taken from them? This is a NEW game. It is NOT the same. It is more akin to winning a 1st place medal for running a 26 mile marathon during the late fall, in Tampa, Florida in 2010. Then in 2019, there is another 26 mile marathon, in the fall, in Tampa. You aren't stripped of your medal just because a rendition of that one event that happened is happening again. You also are not forced to participate in said event.

You are not LOSING anything! Your rank of Inheritor is forever and It is not going anywhere lmao. I personally am a few ranks away from Inheritor but man, that would be boring as all hell if it transferred over. What would I even do? Nothing to grind, that sounds like a senseless endeavor to even pick up the controller and select Reach from that Matchmaking screen.
Technically not a new game. It's a port...with a few changes. The point of this is to remind 343i that things should be earned in meaningful ways, that people have exhausted enough time that they feel like most of us deserve having it since we earned it, nobody wants to be forced to max out a rank again for the same reward, new players could probably still earn it the long way.

Of course it's the same game but with some changes.....which is why there having to port the file shares over from the 360, which wouldn't be possible if it was a different game.

There will be plenty of content to unlock and nobody is saying just unlock every single armour from the start. This is just 1 armour piece to show respect to those that actually earned it the hard way because it too a very long time to unlock, not everyone wants to put in that much time again to unlock the same armour and if they made it easy to get then for those that earned it legit then they would feel cheated....
Lol wut I am still pretty flabbergasted. What are you talking about, forced? Who is forcing you to do anything? Tbdh the math is out there that the majority of Inheritors are actually just a product of grifball boosting. This game is almost 10 years old, I don’t get this whole “safeguard the Inheritors, show us recognition, pat us on the back, show us were good boys 9 years ago and give us stuff” like you want all these things, go out there and get them.

Why would you feel cheated? Your still an Inheritor, it’s not going anywhere. Yes this is Reach, but it’s a new game. I know ~technically~ it isn’t but let’s be real. Its a new game to the MCC so it should be treated as such. No one from H2 and H3 got anything transferred over, and nobody cared. We all wanted to do it over again. Reach kids are so spoiled. Like I said the game is 10 years old almost. It’s similar to kids who are STILL salty that people in MCC have Recon who didn’t have it in the Legacy H3 game. How much saltier could you get hahaha
That's actually not funny. Anyway if you don't get it or care about it then it's really not for you.

It's pretty obvious why many of us will feel cheated, as I've said before there's no way to know how quick it will be unlocked. As I've said before... it's not really a new game but just being added to a bundle with some tweaks added in. I don't recall Halo 2,3 forcing players to grind armour unlocks to an insane amount so what you're saying isn't relevant....even Halo 4 wasn't that bad either. It's best to be constructive since what you're saying is coming off patronising/toxic because your talking down to gamers that you disagree with.
The new ranking system isn't even the same as Halo Reach and there isn't an inheritor rank. As for unlocks they say everything in a season will be unlocked through 75-100 hours of game time. That's nothing compared to Halo Reach's original grind to inheritor.
Thanks. This looks bad, lol
<p></p>
Personally I was skeptical about the ranking system when they first started talking about it but with the newer information I am looking forward to it. Would I be alright with them maybe adding a nameplate for those who reached inheritor in OG Reach? Sure, but I don't think it's necessarily needed. In my opinion it would be pretty bland if you started off at max rank and everything unlocked (which is how it currently is). A large part of Reach was leveling up and unlocking armor.
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Man what is everyone talking about? Did I really just read someone comparing their Inheritor rank not transferring over to winning a marathon and then having it taken from them? This is a NEW game. It is NOT the same. It is more akin to winning a 1st place medal for running a 26 mile marathon during the late fall, in Tampa, Florida in 2010. Then in 2019, there is another 26 mile marathon, in the fall, in Tampa. You aren't stripped of your medal just because a rendition of that one event that happened is happening again. You also are not forced to participate in said event.

You are not LOSING anything! Your rank of Inheritor is forever and It is not going anywhere lmao. I personally am a few ranks away from Inheritor but man, that would be boring as all hell if it transferred over. What would I even do? Nothing to grind, that sounds like a senseless endeavor to even pick up the controller and select Reach from that Matchmaking screen.
Technically not a new game. It's a port...with a few changes. The point of this is to remind 343i that things should be earned in meaningful ways, that people have exhausted enough time that they feel like most of us deserve having it since we earned it, nobody wants to be forced to max out a rank again for the same reward, new players could probably still earn it the long way.

Of course it's the same game but with some changes.....which is why there having to port the file shares over from the 360, which wouldn't be possible if it was a different game.

There will be plenty of content to unlock and nobody is saying just unlock every single armour from the start. This is just 1 armour piece to show respect to those that actually earned it the hard way because it too a very long time to unlock, not everyone wants to put in that much time again to unlock the same armour and if they made it easy to get then for those that earned it legit then they would feel cheated....
Lol wut I am still pretty flabbergasted. What are you talking about, forced? Who is forcing you to do anything? Tbdh the math is out there that the majority of Inheritors are actually just a product of grifball boosting. This game is almost 10 years old, I don’t get this whole “safeguard the Inheritors, show us recognition, pat us on the back, show us were good boys 9 years ago and give us stuff” like you want all these things, go out there and get them.

Why would you feel cheated? Your still an Inheritor, it’s not going anywhere. Yes this is Reach, but it’s a new game. I know ~technically~ it isn’t but let’s be real. Its a new game to the MCC so it should be treated as such. No one from H2 and H3 got anything transferred over, and nobody cared. We all wanted to do it over again. Reach kids are so spoiled. Like I said the game is 10 years old almost. It’s similar to kids who are STILL salty that people in MCC have Recon who didn’t have it in the Legacy H3 game. How much saltier could you get hahaha
That's actually not funny. Anyway if you don't get it or care about it then it's really not for you.

It's pretty obvious why many of us will feel cheated, as I've said before there's no way to know how quick it will be unlocked. As I've said before... it's not really a new game but just being added to a bundle with some tweaks added in. I don't recall Halo 2,3 forcing players to grind armour unlocks to an insane amount so what you're saying isn't relevant....even Halo 4 wasn't that bad either. It's best to be constructive since what you're saying is coming off patronising/toxic because your talking down to gamers that you disagree with.
The new ranking system isn't even the same as Halo Reach and there isn't an inheritor rank. As for unlocks they say everything in a season will be unlocked through 75-100 hours of game time. That's nothing compared to Halo Reach's original grind to inheritor.
<p></p>
Personally I was skeptical about the ranking system when they first started talking about it but with the newer information I am looking forward to it. Would I be alright with them maybe adding a nameplate for those who reached inheritor in OG Reach? Sure, but I don't think it's necessarily needed. In my opinion it would be pretty bland if you started off at max rank and everything unlocked (which is how it currently is). A large part of Reach was leveling up and unlocking armor.
Yep, i would buy this game if it recognised my stats, nameplate, anything. Id level up again, even. Unless someone gives me this game, there's no way I'm buying it or playing it. Thanks for the link, youd think someone from 343 would do that.
At this point, i think im almost done with halo. And that's saying a lot. I played multiplayer halo ce on gamespy, lol
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:

<p></p>
If it's just a name-plate then that will be pointless. The point of unlocking armour is to actually see it in combat, which is why seeing Inheritor armour would be more fun and having it unlocked for 'previous' Inheritors feels like a sign of respect to those that have previously unlocked it since it was no small feat. If they gave easy unlocks for the armour then it would feel a bit disrespectful to those who earned it the hard way....regardless of if some don't care or understand.
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:

<p></p>
If it's just a name-plate then that will be pointless. The point of unlocking armour is to actually see it in combat, which is why seeing Inheritor armour would be more fun and having it unlocked for 'previous' Inheritors feels like a sign of respect to those that have previously unlocked it since it was no small feat. If they gave easy unlocks for the armour then it would feel a bit disrespectful to those who earned it the hard way....regardless of if some don't care or understand.
I would imagine the skull helmet would be an unlock for the end of the season's "battle pass" or maybe even at the end of the global rank level. Personally I would rather have armor like that locked behind harder achievements rather than season points or the typical grind but we wont know what is/isn't unlockable from the season battle pass until it comes out. I get wanting it unlocked right away because you worked hard to unlock it in the original game but this isn't the original Halo Reach and everyone will be starting off on the same footing so it's unlikely to see anything for those who grinded in the original Reach.
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:

<p></p>
I would imagine the skull helmet would be an unlock for the end of the season's "battle pass" or maybe even at the end of the global rank level. Personally I would rather have armor like that locked behind harder achievements rather than season points or the typical grind but we wont know what is/isn't unlockable from the season battle pass until it comes out. I get wanting it unlocked right away because you worked hard to unlock it in the original game but this isn't the original Halo Reach and everyone will be starting off on the same footing so it's unlikely to see anything for those who grinded in the original Reach.
As I've said before...it is basically the same game just reorganised. Well it's barely about equal footing since there no pay to win elements, it's 1 armour so it's not as if the 'Inheritors' would have everything auto-unlocked. Plus don't see the issue with newbies being the only people to not have it asap and as if I've said it's a sign of respect who put the time in.
Postums wrote:
Do you need a reason? It's a different game, none of the others got the stats carried over, how many times do you need to be told.
Youre speaking from a major grade 1 perspective, lol
Postums wrote:
Oh because you're a higher rank you're better than me, I was a higher rank and played the heck out of reach before I got this account.
Postums wrote:
Coming from an Inheritor's perspective its a different game. All previous games didn't have their stats carried over and neither will Reach. Reach is going to launch alongside a whole new progression for the MCC, which is going to be a lot of the fun for most people. No need to flame others for choosing not to grind for digital bragging rights.
Postums wrote:
Coming from an Inheritor's perspective its a different game. All previous games didn't have their stats carried over and neither will Reach. Reach is going to launch alongside a whole new progression for the MCC, which is going to be a lot of the fun for most people. No need to flame others for choosing not to grind for digital bragging rights.
I'm not flaming the dude, or saying im better. What im gonna say is he's barely played the game. When I created the thread, I was hoping inheritors would chime in.
Postums wrote:
I'm not flaming the dude, or saying im better. What im gonna say is he's barely played the game. When I created the thread, I was hoping inheritors would chime in.
I haven't barely played the game yes maybe on this account, but I played it a lot more on a different account, please don't judge everything the the stats you see.
Postums wrote:
I haven't barely played the game yes maybe on this account, but I played it a lot more on a different account, please don't judge everything the the stats you see.
Not at all, and you're probably better than me at the game anyway. 😀 see, the thing is man, I've played all the halo games a whole lot. Except halo wars 2. And the smart phone games. I have other accounts too. Id like to see waypoint more like halotracker.. Frankly, i dont even look at waypoint. I don't even know if waypoint works, lol. Ill go check in a bit.
My point is, i think it would be great if the stats ive accumulated in all the halo games could be viewed in mcc in some sort of way, and a much better enhanced waypoint....keep wanting to write a mega post about this, lol. I think its a great idea, the community would really appreciate it. All time kill leaders sorted etc etc. It would be cool. Its hard for me to accept that all the gametime ive put in, others have put in, and 343 wont do it because its a pain in the neck

This post has been hidden.

Postums wrote:
Coming from an Inheritor's perspective its a different game. All previous games didn't have their stats carried over and neither will Reach. Reach is going to launch alongside a whole new progression for the MCC, which is going to be a lot of the fun for most people.
Strongly disagree. Having 1 armour unlock for previous existing Inheritors does not mean the entire new player-base will suddenly start hating on Inheritors for having it unlocked earlier...that would make no sense and no that doesn't mean it's going to be fun because the majority of who us unlocked it legit found it exhausting, I'm concerned it's going to be 'tedious' again to unlock the same armour and as I've said before multiply times it is essentially the same game ported over, which is why there moving the file share over at some point and obviously that would have been impossible if it wasn't the same game.

As for MCC stats.......I can live without them from the 360 era but what I found irritating was they originally went the lazy route of just unlocking everything instead of the normal unlock system so what you're saying is kind of irrelevant since the point of the discussion is a an unlock system that is based on checking other games and it's been done before with the Vidmasters so there is no good excuse for leaving these amazing features out and they did carry over information from the previous games or certain unlocks would have been impossible, there's even be rewards in Halo 5 for pre-ordering Halo Wars 2 so it's not as if 343i don't do this type of thing.
Postums wrote:
Not at all, and you're probably better than me at the game anyway. 😀 see, the thing is man, I've played all the halo games a whole lot. Except halo wars 2. And the smart phone games. I have other accounts too. Id like to see waypoint more like halotracker.. Frankly, i dont even look at waypoint. I don't even know if waypoint works, lol. Ill go check in a bit.
My point is, i think it would be great if the stats ive accumulated in all the halo games could be viewed in mcc in some sort of way, and a much better enhanced waypoint....keep wanting to write a mega post about this, lol. I think its a great idea, the community would really appreciate it. All time kill leaders sorted etc etc. It would be cool. Its hard for me to accept that all the gametime ive put in, others have put in, and 343 wont do it because its a pain in the neck
No I'm definitely not better than you, I wouldn't mind something given to the inheritors for all the work they put into reach, like an exclusive inheritor nameplate and double season points for the first little bit of the season or something like that.
Yup the people who didn't reach inheritor or came no where close to it are all for the fresh start. Idc if my rank doesn't show at least award us the haunted helmet day one I don't see how that's breaking any rules
Postums wrote:
No I'm definitely not better than you, I wouldn't mind something given to the inheritors for all the work they put into reach, like an exclusive inheritor nameplate and double season points for the first little bit of the season or something like that.
Sounds more like a mis-understanding. The point of Inheritor unlock is to show how much time someone has dedicated themselves to the game and not about their actual skill.
So seeing Inheritors having the armour at the start would be a sign of respect to those that put the time in and I'd be pretty annoyed if they decided to add in a name-plate instead of the armour since don't see the point in them since rather have unlocks that I can actually use in-game to show off my Spartan, have little interest in changing my 'legendary' name-plate to random ones.
ronnie42 wrote:
Postums wrote:
Sounds more like a mis-understanding. The point of Inheritor unlock is to show how much time someone has dedicated themselves to the game and not about their actual skill.
So seeing Inheritors having the armour at the start would be a sign of respect to those that put the time and I'd be pretty annoyed if they decided to add in a name-plate instead of the armour since don't see the point in them since rather have unlocks that I can actually use in-game to show off my Spartan, have little interest in changing my 'legendary' name-plate to random ones.
Og reach had a small legacy stats screen, which showed how many kills you had in halo 3, how many grunts you killed in odst firefight. Not much, better than nothing.
Would be great if mcc reach had og reach legacy stats of how many kills you got in matchmaking, how many kills you got in firefight, how many times you beat campaign on legendary. Thats it. Wish it could be more, but thats not unreasonable, right?
Haunted helmet would be nice, but if just those stats transferred, id level up again to get the haunted helmet, would be thrilled to play ff to be #1 in kills. 343 is pulling a willy wonka, you get nothing!
Granted, both bungie or 343 didnt say, play and stats will transfer. I get it. But they should realize that lots of people are upset, realize all the time people put in. These would be fans for life. Serious.
I reached a million kills in ff, #1 in assists. Inheritor many times over. So yeah, of course i care.
Would be great if mcc reach had og reach legacy stats of how many kills you got in matchmaking, how many kills you got in firefight, how many times you beat campaign on legendary. Thats it. Wish it could be more, but thats not unreasonable, right?
Yes, it's unreasonable. MCC is its own game and doesn't need more stats which aren't even relevant to the current game. If you need to see your original stats outside of the game, you can always click your service record on Waypoint or go to Halo Tracker to see some of them.
ronnie42 wrote:
Postums wrote:
So seeing Inheritors having the armour at the start would be a sign of respect to those that put the time and I'd be pretty annoyed if they decided to add in a name-plate instead of the armour since don't see the point in them since rather have unlocks that I can actually use in-game to show off my Spartan, have little interest in changing my 'legendary' name-plate to random ones.
Og reach had a small legacy stats screen, which showed how many kills you had in halo 3, how many grunts you killed in odst firefight. Not much, better than nothing.
Haunted helmet would be nice, but if just those stats transferred, id level up again to get the haunted helmet, would be thrilled to play ff to be #1 in kills. 343 is pulling a willy wonka, you get nothing!
Granted, both bungie or 343 didnt say, play and stats will transfer. I get it. But they should realize that lots of people are upset, realize all the time people put in. These would be fans for life. Serious.
I reached a million kills in ff, #1 in assists. Inheritor many times over. So yeah, of course i care.
Not sure about legacy stats, I think I'm mainly just concerned about having a simple trigger unlock for legacy inheritors for MCC. I kind of understand why they'd not bring the stats across since they want people to be on an even playing field with their new system. The only thing I need is the ability to play as my character that I earned instead of waiting for a possible insane grind that will take a lot of my time because I'm kind of burnt out with Halo 5 doing this too since tired of games turning unlocks into exhausting grinds to unlock anything.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. ...
  8. 7