Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Read This if you're frustrated with MCC

OP Tyrael

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 18
Oh you're right! It's not like other companies have made unbroken games! You're right! Good job 343! I should be thanking you and Microsoft for LETTING me spend my money on a broken product!
Stop defending them. It's absolutely pathetic. You really want more broken games in the future? No? Then stop defending broken games over some allegiance or ploy to defend your purchase.
Tyrael wrote:
CoD has nothing to do with this for starters, it had no relevence to the date of release for MCC. MCC was released for the 10 year anniversary of Halo 2

The game was not ready upon release, but when it comes down to it it's not even 343's decision on when the game is released, they are given the date and they did the best they could with it in the time allotted.

343 was not looking to cash in for MCC, they did it because they actually have a passion for Halo, unlike you who is bashing because you don't have a clue what you're talking about.
The ONLY thing 343 worked on was net code. And they -Yoinked!- that up.
NNMS MXMS wrote:
It had as much effect on me as pointing me to a video about how hard it is to make cars when my Envoy breaks down for the 7th time. Explaining how hard it is to make good movies does not change my opinion of Waterworld, nor my dissatisfaction with having actually paid theater admission to watch it.

All that matters is:

1. What the devs promised the consumers; and,
2. What the devs delivered to consumers

It's the dev's responsibility to make sure the promises are commensurate with the difficulty of making the product. The read is interesting to an extent, but almost superficially true. Almost everything looks easy until you actually do it.

I could blow most people's minds with how complex and difficult making certain steel components are, but the complexity of the development and production does not change the expectations of our customers that the products we deliver will function as we promised in terms of returns, scrap, and fines. If they do not, we take the financial penalty for failing to deliver on our promises. Why should the video game industry be any different?
Agreed. Don't tell me how hard it is – just make it happen. And yes, people do need to tone down their hate as well.
This just made me more frustrated at MCC and apologists.
StoutBEER wrote:
Lol.

Same here.
StoutBEER wrote:
Not everybody who likes the MCC is an apologist for 343.
I'm just frustrated with people being frustrated with a game. If you are having problems or don't like the game, don't play it.
It may have a ton of problems but many people are recruiting players to play MCC, strengthening the Halo forum community.
Tyrael wrote:
NNMS MXMS wrote:
It had as much effect on me as pointing me to a video about how hard it is to make cars when my Envoy breaks down for the 7th time.

All that matters is:

1. What the devs promised the consumers; and,
2. What the devs delivered to consumers

It's the dev's responsibility to make sure the promises are commensurate with the difficulty of making the product.

They didn't promise you anything of the sort however, you are saying that they explicitly told you that the game will be 100% bug free and you will be able to play flawlessly day one. if they had more time the multiplayer wouldn't have been as broken I admit that, but that wouldn't have allowed the campaign to be released on the 10 year anniversary of H2. The only thing they promised was a culmination of the 4 Halo titles on Xbox one with a remastered Halo 2, and that is what was delivered, so I guess it fits your "things that matter" list.
Get out of town with this junk. What your saying is equal to finalizing a deal for new car, only to have them being up crates of car parts that, when assembled properly, make a functioning car. Ridiculous. Companies who sell products have an expectation to deliver a competent, safe and complete product to the consumer. Don't give me that line that it's our fault because they delivered 4 halo games in one package, none of which actually work, and somehow we are supposed to be satisfied because 343 never specifically stated they would be functioning games.
StoutBEER wrote:

Not everybody who likes the MCC is an apologist for 343.
True . . . though my frustration is [now] limited to the apologists.
Why do you guys have to be so hell bent on blaming this on someone? it doesnt make any sense to me, you will achieve nothing by complaining, they wont care to listen to you because youre just being a d-bag to the company, If you really want the games to be not as broken in the future why dont you actually give constructive feedback? All these forums have turned into is a finger pointing game so they cant get free things (entitlement). 343 could have done a better job, but it isnt entirely their fault, they dont deserve all of this hate that they receive, because all it will do is kill the series and you will literally get nothing, what is the benefit of that? All of you entitled people who are here to rage are literally doing nothing but wasting your time, and youre essentially just trolling at this point.
NNMS MXMS wrote:
StoutBEER wrote:

Lol.

Same here.
Yup
Tyrael wrote:
AnonomissX wrote:
Tyrael wrote:
At this point anyone defending this game is someone to ignore at that moment.

I'm not defending the game, people just dont understand the situation when they think they do. the game definately has faults, but all people want to do is place blame, thats what we do best.

Tough cookies. I'm not a coworker I am a full retail adult paying customer. I understand creating video games is hard work. Getting the MCC ready is hard work. But do not take my money under the false pretense that the game is in a working as intended state. To release in even the CURRENT state feels like borderline fraud.

You're still not understanding that it is not 343's choice to release a game that doesnt completely work, they have to hand over the game to the publisher when the publisher wants it, not when its ready. It isnt right to release a game that doesnt completely work, but they really didnt have a choice, and apparently nobody on the forums can see that, they just want to point fingers. And I'm really tired of people using the thought of criminal acts (fraud, false advertising, etc.), these are for people who believe they are entitled, when in reality, they are not.
LITTLE MAN

Do NOT presume to state I don't understand that 343i had to do what Microsoft tells them to do. And I am entirely, 100% -Yoinking!- ENTITLED you little brat to say I FEEL like it's boaderline fraud! You don't have the moral high ground to dictate my FEELINGS about the product I spent MY 460.00 on! I am $459.98 entitled to be exact!
AnonomissX wrote:

LITTLE MAN

Do NOT presume to state I don't understand that 343i had to do what Microsoft tells them to do. And I am entirely, 100% -Yoinking!- ENTITLED you little brat to say I FEEL like it's boaderline fraud! You don't have the moral high ground to dictate my FEELINGS about the product I spent MY 460.00 on! I am $459.98 entitled to be exact!
XD this is the most hilarious post I have ever read in my life xD. you call me a little man and little brat but look at your post, you sound like a baby who got his bottle taken from him, its embarassing. Youre trying to make yourself try to seem higher than me but youre making yourself look pathetic.
Tyrael wrote:
AnonomissX wrote:

LITTLE MAN

XD this is the most hilarious post I have ever read in my life xD. you call me a little man and little brat but look at your post, you sound like a baby who got his bottle taken from him, its embarassing. Youre trying to make yourself try to seem higher than me but youre making yourself look pathetic.
It's a "she" not a "he" . . . but that aside, the content of her post is accurate. You have no right to decide how we should feel about getting a product that was clearly not as advertised. There is no defense to that; the most important advertised features for MP play still do not exist for much of the player base almost 3.5 months later. She is 100% correct with her assertion that it is at least borderline fraud. Had you read the links I provided you, you would find that 343i / Microsoft's actions to this point meet 4 of the 5 conditions necessary for legally fraudulent action. Whether they meet the 5th or not is open to interpretation.

You are not the arbiter of what qualifies as fraud. You are not the arbiter of what qualifies as false advertising. You are not the arbiter of the feelings of those player for whom the MCC was an incredible disappointment.

If you feel the MCC release was justified based on how hard it is, fine. You are perfectly within your rights to feel that way. But you are not within your rights to tell others that they way they feel is incorrect or unjustified. You will not convince her, nor will you convince me. The only thing your thread serves to do is to annoy and infuriate those of us who feel that a purchase is a legally-binding two-way contract, in which the seller delivers the advertised functionality and the buyer delivers the agreed-upon price. To this point, the seller as admitted failing to deliver the promised functionality. Your mental gymnastics to attempt to justify the state of the MCC need not apply. Both parties to the contract agree that the seller was deficient.

But by all means, continue if you wish. It's infuriating . . . but also somewhat entertaining.
Shots fired. Flaming has commenced.
NNMS MXMS wrote:
Tyrael wrote:
AnonomissX wrote:

LITTLE MAN

It's a "she" not a "he" . . . but that aside, the content of her post is accurate. You have no right to decide how we should feel about getting a product that was clearly not as advertised. There is no defense to that; the most important advertised features for MP play still do not exist for much of the player base almost 3.5 months later. She is 100% correct with her assertion that it is at least borderline fraud. Had you read the links I provided you, you would find that 343i / Microsoft's actions to this point meet 4 of the 5 conditions necessary for legally fraudulent action. Whether they meet the 5th or not is open to interpretation.

You are not the arbiter of what qualifies as fraud. You are not the arbiter of what qualifies as false advertising. You are not the arbiter of the feelings of those player for whom the MCC was an incredible disappointment.

If you feel the MCC release was justified based on how hard it is, fine. You are perfectly within your rights to feel that way. But you are not within your rights to tell others that they way they feel is incorrect or unjustified.
Well said. Love the use of the word "arbiter".
Tyrael wrote:

343 was not looking to cash in for MCC, they did it because they actually have a passion for Halo, unlike you who is bashing because you don't have a clue what you're talking about.
343 only cares about money$$$, do you really think they have a passion for Halo? -Yoink-! They made Halo 4 which was crap, then they made HaloMCC which is still crap and now they have the balls to make halo 5 just like call of duty! I hope that studio burns to the ground one day
NNMS MXMS wrote:
Tyrael wrote:
AnonomissX wrote:

LITTLE MAN

If you feel the MCC release was justified based on how hard it is, fine. You are perfectly within your rights to feel that way. But you are not within your rights to tell others that they way they feel is incorrect or unjustified.

Well said. Love the use of the word "arbiter".
I have made it a habit to work that in wherever possible. ;)
The reason I can say that you cant say fraud and false advertising is because if you even tried to sue them you would be looked upon as a joke. People wanted to sue Bungie's Destiny because it wasnt open world like they "claimed" when talking about the game at E3, its sad. I can understand being frustrated about the game, but being immature about the situation wont achieve anything, people will just look down upon you. Just stop acting like children about the situation and just get through it, because anything more than that will achieve absolutely nothing.
Moises wrote:
Tyrael wrote:

343 only cares about money$$$, do you really think they have a passion for Halo? -Yoink-! They made Halo 4 which was crap, then they made HaloMCC which is still crap and now they have the balls to make halo 5 just like call of duty! I hope that studio burns to the ground one day
Though the OP is way off-base, so is this. It is highly unlikely that the employees of 343i do not have a passion for the game in general. When creating something as complex as a modern AAA game - spending years of your life doing so - the odds that you will not become attached to your creation are small. Since you cannot prove your accusation, perhaps you ought to refrain from making it.

On the business side - sure. Businesses exist to make money. That goes without saying. But ask yourself this: Does a crashing and burning MCC make more money than one that works properly? This is what is wrong with the OP's position. The loud and continual objections to the state of the MCC will have an effect on MCC sales and Halo 5 sales. That is why the complaining is important - because they want to make money. We help them decide the best way to do so, and it is clear that shortchanging prelaunch testing is not the best way.

Under the OP's system, however, we just stay quiet and let them do whatever the hell they want . . . followed by them puzzling over disappointingly low sales numbers.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 18