2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. ...
  9. 18
am making a star wars the clone wars map for halo 2 amap droids spawn in with brute plasma rifle and clones spawn in with plasma rifles when am done you can try it out ....................halomasterx17
recon recon make it rare again I hate seeing people with it and saying omg I have recon bitchs plz make it rare
I hope they bring back hybusa in halo 5 that would be cool to see right guys and gals
mk5 and 6 bring them back as a preorder no sorry just mk5 that I would get and wear in to battle
Tyrael wrote:
I see so many posts saying "all they had to do was port the game, if they read literally any of the posts they would see its nowhere near as simple as that.
No offence OP but I could say the same thing about people like you and stuff you people always say. It goes both ways.

Fact is MCC was beyond broken and it shouldn't of shipped. A lot of people got ripped off, Yes it's good that they have admitted things and are working on it, but doesn't make up for the fact that is was. People have every right to complain. When you buy a product no matter what it is, that product should work and do what it was advertised to do. In this case, a video game (The MCC) advertised all these things and it failed at pretty much everything.

Is it hard doing what they did, sure it is, but lots of things are hard. That's no excuse.

Sorry people have every right to complain, if you don't like it, then don't read those posts. Simple as that.
Tyrael wrote:
NNMS MXMS wrote:
Tyrael wrote:
Most people would prefer open communication, yes, but if youre just being bullied relentlessly for months why the hell would you? We know theyre working on a big update, we know they will be releasing relic and ODST in the future, they literally have nothing else to say to the community because no matter what they say, the community will twist their words into meaning something negative and start badgering them for that as well. One of my main points too is that half of the games content works at almost 100% capacity, and the other about 75%, why not play the campaign, the main purpose of the MASTER CHIEF COLLECTION, and just wait for the MULTIPLAYER COLLECTION to get a fix?

Bullied.

An organization that has taken $200+ million from its loyal fans, fails to deliver on the biggest advertised features, repeatedly advertised post-launch "fixes" that are anything but, and finally stops communicating with the same people who gave it $200 million is being bullied?

Really.

Tell you what. Give me $200 million and I'll let you bully me on whatever forum you want. I won't hide, either. I'll crank out posts seven ways to Sunday.

And go play campaign?

So let's say you buy a TV. It has internet connectivity, a host of apps, and full HD. After you bought it, you discovered that it won't work with your cable provider, despite the TV having been explicitly advertised to do so. When inquiring about a return, you're told that it can't be because "fixes are in progress" and that "you can use the other features". You dutifully download 10 patches over the course of 3 months . . . none of which fix the issue. But that's okay, because it can still be used as a computer monitor. No reason to be angry or frustrated here. Just wait for that 11th patch. It's sure to fix everything.

Well that analogy really doesnt make any sense but sure, And how much of that 200 million dollars actually goes to the employees at 343? combine all of their wages together and their pay wouldnt put a dent in that number, most of the money is split between microsoft and resources to make the next game, patches, and new content, if youre that mad with the game, return it, you could have done it day one but you didnt, thats your own mistake. You cant blame the company that "took your money" when you could have just as easily got it back in the first place and saved all of us the pain of having to deal with the toxicity that is the community.
I bought this game digitally, I would have returned if I could, but I MS wouldn't give me a refund. It's been over 3 months and I still have massive problems playing with friends. I'm currently facing all the following:

- can't connect to player, players can't connect to me.
- synchronizing data then game freezes.
- when searching for matches, party gets split and we get sent into different games not teams but games.
- chat is completely broken, even when in private chat the game will somehow throw u back into game chat randomly and frequently.
- when returning from a match to lobby party leader will randomly get changed to other players in party.
- at times you have to wait a long time in post game screen before the Back option appears to return to your party while other players have already returned.
- which brings another issue, why is there a 2 step to get back to your party? If I don't back out of the post game screen then I'm not in my party at all!
- when backing out its rare that it will bring the party back to lobby even tho you had selected to bring party back with you.
- some games are still taking a rediculous amount of time to join players, even tho it says players found, then it freezes.
- some playlist will find players and matches start in a timely matter, other playlist will get hung up on players found.
- hit boxes are off for halo2 & 3
- 4player coop has lag & sound sometimes is off. (It works fine with 2pl coop)

The only issue I had with halo 2 over 10yrs ago was, some disconnection problems but it was rare and the modem standbying, which wasn't even the games fault but ppl abusing certain loopholes. Btw that was also fixed in a timely matter Then. I traded my 360 for xbone & had everything ready to go for midnight release. 1 day, 2 days passed by, I was still stoked thinking it was just such a massive amount of people playin & servers couldn't handle it. After a week I started to get concerned, after 3 weeks the eternal waiting time was minimized, after a month uneven teams improved. 3 months later an inexcusable amount of issues haven't been fixed. And I'm sure I only wrote a small percentage of bugs not anywhere near all of them, but the ones written down completely hinders the halo experience we all grew up with and were promised once again but failed in almost every aspect.
Quote:
Before you post your bashful, ignorant, self entitled bull crap that I know you will, read every single post and then make your own, the amount of redundancy is astounding and alot of good points are made for both sides, whether I agree with them or not. If youre gonna say something thats been said (probably 50 times or so by now) then dont post, you will be wasting your time.
lol irony

343i/MS shouldn't have even released this game its current state right now. What are you even arguing for exactly? You're totally fine with unfinished games being released because the publisher is always some magical boogeyman?

Also, lol @ linking kotaku.
Tyrael wrote:
READ ME

To the people who say that that article has no relevence to MCC, it has as much relevence as a completely new IP. MCC is a bigger challenge than any standalone game, doesnt matter if theres no animating or modeling or storyboarding or any of that, porting 4 games is much, much more difficult to do. Regardless of what you think is true, this is fact. that article explains how difficult making a game from scratch can be, and in comparison MCC is much, much more difficult of a project. Before you post your bashful, ignorant, self entitled bull crap that I know you will, read every single post and then make your own, the amount of redundancy is astounding and alot of good points are made for both sides, whether I agree with them or not. If youre gonna say something thats been said (probably 50 times or so by now) then dont post, you will be wasting your time.
Is this excuse for release of the half-finished game selling for full price??? Pfffff.... Your post doesnt change nothing. MCC is crap which has to be finished with bunch of patches!!! Wtf is logic in that?
I still can't believe that millions of unintelligent, brain dead fanboys blindly defend 343 Industries even after they release the monstrosity that is the MCC! 343i intentionally released the game in its broken state solely to increase the weight of their wallets. They knew that it wasn't going to properly work at launch but they -Yoinking!- did it anyway because all of the fanboys brainwashed by HaloFollower would pre-order it. It doesn't matter if they ported 4 games or 1 because they would have -Yoinked!- it up due to their incompetence. STOP DEFENDING 343 INDUSTRIES YOU -Yoinking!- SHEEP!!
I'd believe this article if it was written by someone else - anybody else, really. Anthony Burch, who wrote it, is a hack, and a baby at that. He went into the video game development world, wasn't ready for it, wasn't able to make a competent product, and couldn't stand the backlash so he quit.

Developers, even though they are people, and like everyone has feelings, cannot expect people to put up with a substandard product just because of that - I'm not arguing taste here, that's subjective, but if we're relating this article to the fact that MCC is busted and it's a much more complicated process to make the game than we realize, then I submit this to you: if they weren't competent enough to make the game, why were they chosen to do it? Who chose them? Why were they hired? Why did it end up like it did?

Somebody, at the end of the road, is to blame, and logic points toward a combination of Microsoft asking too much from 343 and 343 not being able to fit the bill. If they wanted to do such an ambitious project, they should have hired more people, or better people or given the people they had enough time to accomplish it properly. But because they didn't want to hire more people, or they couldn't get the best or they simply would not give the team enough time, they crapped the bed.

If you are someone who has a job, you should know that you are under a -Yoink- obligation to get it done, and get it done right. The real world has very little room for error, and the MCC is an example of what happens when you cheap out and cut as many corners as possible just to ship on time.
I still can't believe that millions of unintelligent, brain dead fanboys blindly defend 343 Industries even after they release the monstrosity that is the MCC! 343i intentionally released the game in its broken state solely to increase the weight of their wallets. They knew that it wasn't going to properly work at launch but they -Yoinking!- did it anyway because all of the fanboys brainwashed by HaloFollower would pre-order it. It doesn't matter if they ported 4 games or 1 because they would have -Yoinked!- it up due to their incompetence. STOP DEFENDING 343 INDUSTRIES YOU -Yoinking!- SHEEP!!
I can't get over all the name-calling to try and prove a point.

I agree in regards to the OP about this forum, as literally shown by this guy, attacking another group of people, hmm. That's the part that is true as shown in this thread pretty easily. The rest, well in regards to the post and link, ya It's hard to make a game and many other things in life. 343 was in a rock in a hard place, but game came broken and it sucked along with the money they spent on it, for 4 games in 1. It should of been perfect, people obviously had higher standards then all the other devs, till now. Not much else to say, this is just beating a dead horse.
NNMS MXMS wrote:
Tyrael wrote:
NNMS MXMS wrote:
It had as much effect on me as pointing me to a video about how hard it is to make cars when my Envoy breaks down for the 7th time.

All that matters is:

1. What the devs promised the consumers; and,
2. What the devs delivered to consumers

It's the dev's responsibility to make sure the promises are commensurate with the difficulty of making the product.

They didn't promise you anything of the sort however, you are saying that they explicitly told you that the game will be 100% bug free and you will be able to play flawlessly day one. if they had more time the multiplayer wouldn't have been as broken I admit that, but that wouldn't have allowed the campaign to be released on the 10 year anniversary of H2.

I claimed nothing of the sort. Do you see any product claims in my post? Anywhere I said the devs promised it would be bug free? Anywhere I said it would work flawlessly day one (which, ironically, it actually did work flawlessly Day 1 with respect to MP play . . . it broke on Day 2). You are ascribing things to me that I did not say.

What I do claim the devs failed to deliver upon (explicit statements from 343i and Microsoft confirm that the devs agree that they both promised to deliver and failed to deliver) are the following:

1. Dedicated servers for matchmaking. These were present on the first day, then disappeared for a month and a half, and were then restored in a limited fashion with the last 2 patches.

2. Working netcode. Explicit statements from Frank O'Connor and Bravo have agreed that the netcode for H2A / H4 is defective. Moreover, explicit statements from Frank O'Connor have tied at least a portion of the dedicated server issue to the netcode - which makes some games appear P2P even when on dedis.

3. "Exactly as you remember it". This is not true by any stretch - and this has been admitted by the devs as a failed promise. It's hard for MP to be "exactly as you remember it" when you can't even play it.

I would ask you to stop apologizing for 343i (because doing so is both irritating to those of us without a working product and does not help ensure future working products), but if your desire to apologize has lasted this long, I fear it may be too late for me or anyone else to change it.
Man, Caboose really destroyed Berserk in the common sense department. I can honestly say I've never enjoyed such a read as this... talk about getting nailed to the wall in a forum. The IQs represented in these posts clearly indicate this was an unfair match in arguing.
NNMS MXMS wrote:
Tyrael wrote:
NNMS MXMS wrote:
It had as much effect on me as pointing me to a video about how hard it is to make cars when my Envoy breaks down for the 7th time.

All that matters is:

It's the dev's responsibility to make sure the promises are commensurate with the difficulty of making the product.

They didn't promise you anything of the sort however, you are saying that they explicitly told you that the game will be 100% bug free and you will be able to play flawlessly day one. if they had more time the multiplayer wouldn't have been as broken I admit that, but that wouldn't have allowed the campaign to be released on the 10 year anniversary of H2.

I claimed nothing of the sort. Do you see any product claims in my post? Anywhere I said the devs promised it would be bug free? Anywhere I said it would work flawlessly day one (which, ironically, it actually did work flawlessly Day 1 with respect to MP play . . . it broke on Day 2). You are ascribing things to me that I did not say.

What I do claim the devs failed to deliver upon (explicit statements from 343i and Microsoft confirm that the devs agree that they both promised to deliver and failed to deliver) are the following:

1. Dedicated servers for matchmaking. These were present on the first day, then disappeared for a month and a half, and were then restored in a limited fashion with the last 2 patches.

2. Working netcode. Explicit statements from Frank O'Connor and Bravo have agreed that the netcode for H2A / H4 is defective. Moreover, explicit statements from Frank O'Connor have tied at least a portion of the dedicated server issue to the netcode - which makes some games appear P2P even when on dedis.

3. "Exactly as you remember it". This is not true by any stretch - and this has been admitted by the devs as a failed promise. It's hard for MP to be "exactly as you remember it" when you can't even play it.

I would ask you to stop apologizing for 343i (because doing so is both irritating to those of us without a working product and does not help ensure future working products), but if your desire to apologize has lasted this long, I fear it may be too late for me or anyone else to change it.

Man, Caboose really destroyed Berserk in the common sense department. I can honestly say I've never enjoyed such a read as this... talk about getting nailed to the wall in a forum. The IQs represented in these posts clearly indicate this was an unfair match in arguing.
Don't throw too much hate the OP's way.

There are very few posters on here who - when half the forum rises up against them - will keep their cool and avoid name-calling and insults. The OP has done that . . . and he's done that in the face of others insulting him. I may disagree with the OP, but this forum would be a lot nicer place if all of us would take his approach to arguing. Disagreements are okay. They're what keep threads alive, and they're often entertaining. The OP managed to accomplish that without raging.

I still disagree with him, but he earns kudos for treating others with respect.
NNMS MXMS wrote:
NNMS MXMS wrote:
Tyrael wrote:
NNMS MXMS wrote:

All that matters is:

There are very few posters on here who - when half the forum rises up against them - will keep their cool and avoid name-calling and insults. The OP has done that . . . and he's done that in the face of others insulting him. I may disagree with the OP, but this forum would be a lot nicer place if all of us would take his approach to arguing. Disagreements are okay. They're what keep threads alive, and they're often entertaining. The OP managed to accomplish that without raging.

Hahahaha up early too?!?! :)
The Sector wrote:
NNMS MXMS wrote:
NNMS MXMS wrote:
Tyrael wrote:
NNMS MXMS wrote:

All that matters is:

Hahahaha up early too?!?! :)
I now live for this thread. It completes me.
Stop defending 343. I originally did, but now it has been far too long. If you continue to defend them, you are allowing 343 along with other studios to continue to set the standards of what a finished product can look like. The standards need to be raised because we are the customers and the ones that drive the industry. If we want to start raising these standards, then we need to stop making posts defending developers for their own mistakes, stop buying there products upon release, and making our voice heard constantly when we are unsatisfied.
The OP is having a difficult time grasping the concept of being upset that a product you paid for is not only broken, but not as advertised.
I don't understand why so many of us have given away our right as a consumer. I love halo, but I will subject the product to the same scrutiny that I would with anything I buy. I don't care how hard it was to make this game! Don't make it then! But I already spent $60 for it...So I WANT IT MADE. Furthermore, game compilations have been done for years. Granted this one features multiplayer, it doesn't give the provider an excuse to go back on their promise after they have already sold the product. I just don't see how anyone could be happy with this game even if it worked! There is ranking in ONE PLAYLIST!!! THERE IS NO TEAM DOUBLES! THERE IS NO TEAM OBJECTIVE! BIG TEAM IS CROSS GAME SO YOU NEVER END UP PLAYING THE GAME YOU WANT! This whole product is screwed and whats really bad is that 343 doesn't keep anyone in the know, it's as if they are deliberately trying to sweep this under the rug hoping that Halo 5 will make us forget about this. Everyone has a right to be mad. I have no understanding of what you will gain from posting a thread like this. Consumers will be angry until they feel that 343 has delivered on their promise. A free map, nameplates, a month of xbox live, and another game addition, all added to an already broken and malfunctioning game does not make the situation any better, nor does it suddenly lower our expectations to want the game which we were promised.
I don't understand why so many of us have given away our right as a consumer. I love halo, but I will subject the product to the same scrutiny that I would with anything I buy. I don't care how hard it was to make this game! Don't make it then! But I already spent $60 for it...So I WANT IT MADE. Furthermore, game compilations have been done for years. Granted this one features multiplayer, it doesn't give the provider an excuse to go back on their promise after they have already sold the product. I just don't see how anyone could be happy with this game even if it worked! There is ranking in ONE PLAYLIST!!! THERE IS NO TEAM DOUBLES! THERE IS NO TEAM OBJECTIVE! BIG TEAM IS CROSS GAME SO YOU NEVER END UP PLAYING THE GAME YOU WANT! This whole product is screwed and whats really bad is that 343 doesn't keep anyone in the know, it's as if they are deliberately trying to sweep this under the rug hoping that Halo 5 will make us forget about this. Everyone has a right to be mad. I have no understanding of what you will gain from posting a thread like this. Consumers will be angry until they feel that 343 has delivered on their promise. A free map, nameplates, a month of xbox live, and another game addition, all added to an already broken and malfunctioning game does not make the situation any better, nor does it suddenly lower our expectations to want the game which we were promised.
I agree.
Tyrael wrote:
NNMS MXMS wrote:

All that matters is:

They didn't promise you anything of the sort however, you are saying that they explicitly told you that the game will be 100% bug free and you will be able to play flawlessly day one. if they had more time the multiplayer wouldn't have been as broken I admit that, but that wouldn't have allowed the campaign to be released on the 10 year anniversary of H2. The only thing they promised was a culmination of the 4 Halo titles on Xbox one with a remastered Halo 2, and that is what was delivered, so I guess it fits your "things that matter" list.
So you're saying we should just let everything slide when a company releases -Yoink-. We expect a working product, and that's what we didn't get. Quit apologizing for 343.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. ...
  9. 18