Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] Reasons why halo 3 is the worst halo game ever!

OP SamTheWeebo

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. ...
  6. 5
Richnj wrote:
Right, but this is why I took a grievance with the argument. These are your personal annoyances with the game. I provided that link 'How Long to Beat'. For you, the campaign was short, but for your average player, the Campaign seems to be comparable to the other games. And the few points you did make that I consider valid (Movement Speed, Projectile, Cortana moments) have already been removed from the franchise. (and honestly, I'm the only person on here I've seen actually make an pro-slow speed argument).

Things like what you think of the Halo 3 fans, aren't criticisms of the game itself. So I don't know how they are meant to open our eyes. The only people to not see the toxicity of some Halo 3 fans are the Halo 3 fans themselves and I don't think you'll open their eyes by calling them small-minded and self-centered. If it's a case that Halo 3 is all they know, they it would be better to introduce them to other Halo games bit by bit until they find the fun in them. If it's a case of they've played ever Halo game and just happen to enjoy Halo 3 more (like me) what can you do? other than just let them enjoy what they like to play and you play what you like to play?

Then things like Hit detection, host connection and lag are a tech issue, and I'd hope that even if 343i were to attempt to remake Halo 3 they'd use new tech that would reduce or eliminate issues like that.

Halo 3 is my favourite Halo. I would love a definitive edition/remaster, and I would love to see a more classic style game be released (I'd be happy with a sub-series and you can have the main games continue how they are going) but I know that Halo 3 had issues and can be improved and actually blending Halo 2 and 3 would be a better experience.

As far as the MCC is concerned, it is what it is at this point. People bought the game for varying reasons. Trying to cram 5 different experiences in to one game has caused this issue. It's 343i's fault, not the communities. And as frustrating as it is, if the classic community splits between Halo 3 and everybody else, then we will never get a classic Halo game again. 343i will focus entirely on the modern games and that will be a loss for the people.
The times on the How long to beat thing seem really strange honestly. They get their data from player reporting? For halo ce they say 10 hours for main story and 12 for completion? Do they mean 12 for legendary difficulty? Also only 16 hours to complete everything in halo 3? Fairly sure you can't get all the achievements in that time.

You aren't the only person that has stated to prefer the slower movement speed like in halo 3.

The most basic and quantifiable form "halo 3 fan" toxicity I refer to is quitting. I know this is partially an assumption as there is no way to know who is quitting out, but when I see 3 votes for halo 3 and then 3 people drop right before a halo 2 or CE game starts I assume that those three that dropped out were the ones that voted for halo 3. When the situation is reversed and ce has like 3 votes, 3 people don't tend to disconnect before the game starts or right at the start. This could also involve observer bias, but if seems like any time anything but halo 3 is going to win the vote there is a substantial quit out that simply doesn't happen for halo 3 games. Halo 3 fans seem to avoid the other games. Can't bring them into the fold of other halo games if they just quit out.

Halo 3 style sub series sounds fine. They sort of did that with ODST. I think doing that would kinda stretch 343's resources too thin though. They are having trouble just making a good halo game. It seems like they can't balance good story, good campaign, and good multiplayer. Their games always seem to lack in some area, and they constantly feel the need to go and re work their games over and over. Don't think they are ready for making another sub series.

Only fix I could imagine for the MCC situation is to have full individual game playlists and then also have combined game playlists that have no voting options like in halo 5. They really learned from that part of the mcc.
(besides the community altering it's behavior on it's own.)
Hey everybody is entitled to their own opinion, halo 3 is my second favorite halo right behind halo 2. You're entitled to liking the newer games, but I would say a large majority of the older fans don't enjoy the changes 343 imposed on the franchise, no reason to attack them with as ( mindless halo 3 is best, worst community) they're just passionate about what they love, what I love. The story in 4&5 is pretty bad, and that's my main gripe... I think spartan charge and groundpound should be removed ( at least) when it comes to the enhanced mobility ( specifically spartan charge because it completely negates the point of being careful around corners) but these are my opinions, and a large portion of the halo community shares some or all of my opinions..... don't attempt to devalue their opinions as they are just as valid as your own.
Hey everybody is entitled to their own opinion, halo 3 is my second favorite halo right behind halo 2. You're entitled to liking the newer games, but I would say a large majority of the older fans don't enjoy the changes 343 imposed on the franchise, no reason to attack them with as ( mindless halo 3 is best, worst community) they're just passionate about what they love, what I love. The story in 4&5 is pretty bad, and that's my main gripe... I think spartan charge and groundpound should be removed ( at least) when it comes to the enhanced mobility ( specifically spartan charge because it completely negates the point of being careful around corners) but these are my opinions, and a large portion of the halo community shares some or all of my opinions..... don't attempt to devalue their opinions as they are just as valid as your own.
I would be fine with removing enhanced mobility from future Halos. I got bored of Halo 5’s “jungle gym” gameplay. I enjoy Halo CE, 2, and even 4; however, I absolutely hate Halo 3. Sound effects are dull, gameplay is slow, BR is garbage, and I haven’t figured out how to make this game enjoyable. People hit me with BRs but I struggle to get kills even at medium range.
Please don't revive old topics, thanks
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. ...
  6. 5