Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Release date for Reach on XB1.

OP Jonfdursis

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Have we been given any sort of idea of when to expect Reach for XB1? Thanks in advance
Nothing on a potential release date so far. However it seems the first Insider flight of the new Halo insider program, is coming sooner than the fans would expect. I believe we'll see Reach released no later than E3 this year, if i estimate from the available information.
My estimate is a bit more conservative than Kenni’s. I’d say sometime in the late summer or very early fall but not close to Gears 5’s release. That will give time for the initial boom for Reach/PC to come and go and would allow the hype to build back up for Gears 5.

Although, I’d like to be wrong so we can get it earlier lol.
tuhin94 wrote:
My estimate is a bit more conservative than Kenni’s. I’d say sometime in the late summer or very early fall but not close to Gears 5’s release. That will give time for the initial boom for Reach/PC to come and go and would allow the hype to build back up for Gears 5.

I think they will happen before the E3
Another question related and maybe I just missed it, but how much is the Reach campaign going to cost? ODST was $5 for people it wasn't given to and I'm hoping it will be around the same price.
I'm gonna say mid summer possibly August. If everything goes extremely well maybe sometime around E3. I definitely think the PC version will release sometime after E3 towards the end of summer.
Well ske7ch said the first flights will start in the coming weeks so I'm guessing sometime in the summer.
Somehow I feel like it won't be until late summer to early fall... I think 343 is justifiably very averse to the idea of letting it out half baked in any way, so I'm inclined to believe they're going to go over everything multiple times to make sure it's a solid release.

They can use the excuse that September marks nine years since Reach's original launch if things put them back that far. On a related note, I remember when I couldn't believe that Halo: CE had been out for a whole ten years... The fact that 343's had the reigns to this franchise for getting towards a decade astounds me.
Jonfdursis wrote:
Have we been given any sort of idea of when to expect Reach for XB1? Thanks in advance
E3 would be your best guess on a date or whatever.
Jonfdursis wrote:
I see today on the Google news
"Halo Reach is coming official on May"
Anywone can confirm It?
Jonfdursis wrote:
I see today on the Google news
"Halo Reach is coming official on May"
Anywone can confirm It?
Nope - if 343 haven't said this then it cannot be confirmed. The latest information we have is located in the tweet ske7ch posted (linked further up in the this thread). The target right now is this month but that could change.
tuhin94 wrote:

I think if they release it before E3(Which is what I think will happen), it will give Gears enough time to build up hype. My opinion though.
God1383 wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:

I think if they release it before E3(Which is what I think will happen), it will give Gears enough time to build up hype. My opinion though.
Of corse because this month there are a test
There is a post in the Halo Insider forum that says the Halo Reach flighting program will start "soon". I would think in the next few weeks. Sometime in April. They also said that most Insiders will not be in the first flighting program. The games will also release "when they are ready". They may release the campaign and multiplayer at different times, but I doubt it. Hopefully we'll have the full game before E3!
dryrain23 wrote:
Another question related and maybe I just missed it, but how much is the Reach campaign going to cost? ODST was $5 for people it wasn't given too and I'm hoping it will be around the same price.
It’d be safe to say about five dollars like ODST
Still no word on Reach? I joined the Insider program for testing Reach. I haven’t heard anything about yet. I thought that testing was going to begin in April or May. We’re more than halfway through May. It would be nice to hear something.
Still no word on Reach? I joined the Insider program for testing Reach. I haven’t heard anything about yet. I thought that testing was going to begin in April or May. We’re more than halfway through May. It would be nice to hear something.
I am an insider as well, and I have heard nothing from 343 about any flighting. I think its going to be pushed back pretty far. Which is really disappointing because it was supposed to be out in the beginning of the summer.
So I'm assuming it wont be available to everyone til probably after the summer?
I am an insider as well, and I have heard nothing from 343 about any flighting. I think its going to be pushed back pretty far. Which is really disappointing because it was supposed to be out in the beginning of the summer.
I thought that we would be testing Reach through the insider program in May. Too bad, I don’t think that’s going to happen. I like that 343i is doing all these updates but I wish they could give us a more accurate time table. I feel like they always get my hopes up and then take forever on everything.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2