1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
*headshots friendly, he flips twice into a bush*
Nope.
Quote:
No guys the real comedy gold is when you stick sgt. johnson in CE with a plasma nade or a bunch of needler rounds. The scream he utters is absolutely hilarious.
Haha! that one is one of my favorites as well! Good times! or how bout original xbox halo 1 disk (not anniversary). go into idle at the main screen and as it goes into a game play demo, it shows chief beating down a hunter and a grunt in the background saying, "He wasted him!" Absolutely priceless!
I just couldn't get enough of the humor. Nothin like being in the middle of a bloody battle an Elite Roars then one of the troops randomly says: Ooooh I'm so scared. - - - Actually I am really scared.

I loved how both friendly and foe kept yelling stuff out. Half the time it would catch you off guard and you couldn't stop laughing. I really noticed the void of that in Halo 4. That and the change of music. Gameplay was fun but it lost it's charm.

Click here for a chuckle: Youtube Halo Funny Lines
Grunt Major: DOWN IN FRONT!! *throws plasma* AHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUE~!!!

I liked the Grunt panicking noises from Combat Evolved the most.
It's funny when people think the Bungie Halo games are actually trying to take themselves seriously. No, seriously. And this is dialogue JUST from 3 and Reach.
Halo can be funny when it wants to but personally the best part is when it's funny by the community:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKIyrZnkg70
Quote:
Johnson had some of the best lines in the series like
    [/li]
  • Dear Humanity... We regret being alien -Yoinks!-. We regret coming to Earth. And we most definitely regret that the Corps just blew up our raggedy--Yoink!- fleet
  • We're even, long as we're only countin' today.
  • And you told me you were gonna wear something nice
But the best part was when he made the knock knock joke in Halo 2 with the Scarab.
My favorite was in Halo 2 when Johnson brings the Chief the tank.
[/li]
  • "When I joined the corps, we didn't have any fancy schmancy tanks. We had sticks! Two sticks, and a rock for a whole platoon; and, we had to share the rock."
  • I remember there being a looping dialog from Johnson if you managed to push him past Hotel Zanzibar. XD

"NONONONOOOOOO NONONONONONONONO!!!"
    Nothing was more funny than the RvB easter egg on Crow's Nest.
    Quote:
    Nothing was more funny than the RvB easter egg on Crow's Nest.
    Ha, I never really watched much RvB but I do remember seeing one of those and had a good laugh in game. It was cool going back and watching the different versions.

Here's a link if anyone wants to see the 3 versions: Youtube - RvB Easter Egg on Crows Nest

What I liked about Halo when I first played it years ago was how quickly I was immersed into the world,(by the time the inspection was over I felt like I was the guy) and how much it reminded me of all the things I loved from my favorite 80's movies. The Chief may not have been blatantly cocky but: Youtube - Bet you can't stick it. I loved the inclusion of that cheeky silliness that was prevalent in the 80-90's movies. It didn't take from the existing experience, it added to it. Halo had smartass dialog, badass fights, bigass explosions and you, the Master Chief, were the Boss.

Games are meant to be fun, and Halo was fun as hell.
    There should be serious plot, but funny moments in-game. At least with IWHBYD. Seriously, IWHBYD in Halo 4 was literally useless.
    Been playing CEA lately, and watching the elites shake/dance around after getting stuck with a plasma grenade is something that I missed lately.

There's lots of little examples of humor from past Halo titles which simply do not appear these days.

-The hidden dancing Grunt in H3's last level

The Johnson/Elite fistfight/hugest on CE's legendary ending...

-CE's thirsty grunt

The only ones i'm aware of in H4 are the crate guarding marines and in the inverted controller gag. Quality stuff, and on par with anything from the past. But I can't shake the feeling we've lost a funny bone lately.
    Have you seen Ling-Ling?
    Quote:
    Have you seen Ling-Ling?
    Don't you dare. I'll set the date myself...

Darude Sandstorm
    I remember when Jacob Keyes died. -Yoinking!- gold, man. -Yoinking!- comedic gold.
    MAD CYYBOOORG RUN!!! - Grunt <3
    You clearly have forgotten about "Trolland".
    "Blarg!"
    1. 1
    2. ...
    3. 2
    4. ...
    5. 3