I've been playing Halo since it came out on Xbox, then PC, then Xbox 360, then Xbox one.

I've heard the campaign music forever PLEASE make an option to turn it off.
I want to hear my music when I play, even when I set Spotify to 95% Spotify I can still hear the campaign music in the background, its even worse when I'm headset gaming.

SO PLEASE INCLUDE AN OPITION TO TURN OFF CAMPAIGN MUSIC.
Even though I think the music is epic, and a really nice part of the campaign experience, I see your point.

Especially if you've played the games several times, the 'wow' moments have been mostly all experienced already - it would be nice to blast some tunes of your own while speed running or something.
I agree. I love the music in Halo, but when I' achievement hunting and have to repetitively do the same thing over and over again, I prefer to hear my music.
Yeah not knocking the music; it's one the best game sound tracks ever. But I've been listening to it for almost 17 years. (I'm talking about CE) and I would love to just hear Spotify and the guns.
Well at least they finally gave us the option to turn down/off the main menu music. Baby steps folks.
I would have thought ,with the now defunct groove, that it would have had music toggle to begin with. For a lot of games I don't see why they don't include music toggles. I mean unless your playing say FFXV your probably eventually going to want your music if its a game you play a lot. Far Cry 5 is a great example.. It's got a nice soundtrack but eventually its nice to play to your own music.
More options is always better.
I have tried to turn the music down or off, but no success. Any ideas how to make the down column on MCC work?
xbox one, mcc
I wasn't aware there was any option to remove campaign music which is what I want. You turn down the menu music, not sure why that would be an option and not campaign music.

Lots make some noise about this and get the options ratified.
At first I thought "just mute it", but then I realized you still want the shooting noises and dialogue. So yeah I agree, while I enjoy the music, it would be nice to have the option to turn it off. Would also be cool just to see what it's like without any music so that it seems a little more like you are actually in the game
At first I thought "just mute it", but then I realized you still want the shooting noises and dialogue. So yeah I agree, while I enjoy the music, it would be nice to have the option to turn it off. Would also be cool just to see what it's like without any music so that it seems a little more like you are actually in the game
It's really weird gunning down grunts not hearing the AR, or popping elites with the pistol or a sticky and not hearing them taunt. So the last couple of days I played with no add in music and there is a LOT of in game "music" or atmosphere, but really after while like I said in my first post I can only listen to the Halo soundtrack so many times, and its annoying not hearing the enemy sound or guns/grenades while listening to spotify.
Mute Cortana as well. Drive ya nuts trying to learn a trick in ce.
Yes I agree! I love halo music but I don’t want it to drown out the sounds of the environment. It’s so frustrating please make a change so we can turn the ingane music off!
Kind of bumping this, feels like its gettign no love wiht 343. Anyone remember, or have, the PC verison and remember if you could change music volume? I ask as the MCC halo CE is built on the gearbox build of Halo PC and not the Bungie Xbox Orginal build of Halo.

On a side note wheater I'm using Dolby Digital or Dolby Atmos I've noticed in the newest build on remastered graphics I no longer hear the bullet casings/shells landing and rolling but if i switch back ot the classic build i do on both sound settings. I checked this on DD/DDA on both my reciever and Astro A50 3rd Gen.

But back on topic come on 343. If your going to keep editing Halo please let us enjoy spotify and still hear the game SOUNDS!
I think Halo is the only series of games I've ever played where You cannot turn the music off. And the fact You can't gives me the impression that they are just way too proud of their soundtrack... And that makes me hate it honestly lol
More updates and still no music off option and now Microsoft owns Spotify, any others ot there s want the option to blast away to spotofy?
I think Halo is the only series of games I've ever played where You cannot turn the music off. And the fact You can't gives me the impression that they are just way too proud of their soundtrack... And that makes me hate it honestly lol
Halo 5 is the only Halo game (Halo Wars 2 might as well, I'm not sure) where you can adjust sound effects, dialog, and music levels. I've been hoping they would implement this throughout the MCC for a while, but mostly because some of the dialog in CEA is difficult to hear under all the music. It seems poorly mixed.
Halo 5 is the only Halo game (Halo Wars 2 might as well, I'm not sure) where you can adjust sound effects, dialog, and music levels. I've been hoping they would implement this throughout the MCC for a while, but mostly because some of the dialog in CEA is difficult to hear under all the music. It seems poorly mixed.
That's impressive, I'll have to try that out if I ever get the incentive to buy H5. Halo PC allowed for turning on/off sound and music independently, but not dialog. Another argument for being able to turn off the music is so that we can enjoy the atmosphere and ambiance.
For Christ's sake why couldn't they just pump in the "Never Forget" just like good ol' Bungie did with Halo 2 and Halo 3??? That's like... The most obvious choice right there. But nooooo they have to irritate the crap out of everyone with the same 3 bombastic themes straight from Halo 2. Stop it, get some help.
i not only want that option .... but a musicmixer that a player can controll would be nice....... that main menü music anoys me somehow and the constant switches between themes ....i really just want to play some of my favorite Halo Ce , 2 and 3 tracks while in multiplayer lobbys and not be forced to listen to that what the main menü puts me in.
( getting flashbacks from splinter cell chaos theory spies vs mercs where the only music in Mp lobby was that -Yoink- Battery theme and i am sitting there like " out of all of the great ost in splinter cell they choose this... " )