[Locked] remove non-hacking related bans from social mm

OP Zagan5677

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
Bans relating to leaving, tking, general horsing around should only be implemented in competitive matchmaking similar to Counter Strikes system. Hacking/cheating should be the only bannable offense in casual gameplay. This autoban system thats in place has been chasing many casual gamers away from MCC and its killing our userbase. No casual gamer likes to be told "theyve been banned" especially if they left a match early. If someones been teamkilling a simple kick should suffice and there should be no follow up action or harsh words which will likely result in the player not coming back.

As for the competitive matchmaking list, leaving early, continuously ruining the game for others with tks or griefing etc should have a banning system.

There is no reason to police casual gameplay unless its hacking!
Sounds to me like you promote that kind of behavior.
There are plenty of reasons. If someone is griefing, not only do I want the player out of the match but I also want them to not join another for a set time so they can't do it to other players. If a player leaves because they didn't get a map they wanted or because the team they were on started to lose, too right they should have a timeout. They pretty much deserted battle and should be punished for it.

Why would you not want players who ruin the game for others to face some sort of punishment for their actions?
I can sorta understand the reasoning for just leaving matches, but griefing and team killing deserve bans. It takes quite a bit of “horsing around” to get banned anyways, if a player is repeatedly ruining others experiences the community is better off without them.
Zagan5677 wrote:
Bans relating to leaving, tking, general horsing around should only be implemented in competitive matchmaking similar to Counter Strikes system. Hacking/cheating should be the only bannable offense in casual gameplay. This autoban system thats in place has been chasing many casual gamers away from MCC and its killing our userbase. No casual gamer likes to be told "theyve been banned" especially if they left a match early. If someones been teamkilling a simple kick should suffice and there should be no follow up action or harsh words which will likely result in the player not coming back.

As for the competitive matchmaking list, leaving early, continuously ruining the game for others with tks or griefing etc should have a banning system.

We have different views on "casual gamplay" then.

No thank you.
If you leave your teammates mid-match, you deserve the kick and the following (accumulating) ban.
If you willingly betray you teammates you deserve the kick and the following (accumulating) ban.

If you don't care for sportsmanship, fine, but then Halo's not the game for you.
So you are the one that keeps leaving, staying AFK and literally feeding the enemy team
So then players who are actually just trying to play the game are chased off and we are left with betrayers, quitters, and AFKers... No thanks. If griefers leave for games like counter strike that is fine with me. MCC ban system is very lenient as is if any thing it should be a bit stricter since there is no shortage of quitters and AFKers as it is now.
Ban because game froze = bad
Ban because you were ruining the experience of others trying to enjoy the game? VERY GOOOOD!!!
SMOK69KMK wrote:
Zagan5677 wrote:

We have different views on "casual gamplay" then.

No thank you.
If you leave your teammates mid-match, you deserve the kick and the following (accumulating) ban.
If you willingly betray you teammates you deserve the kick and the following (accumulating) ban.

If you don't care for sportsmanship, fine, but then Halo's not the game for you.
Right? This guy really thinks he shouldn't be banned and learn his lesson man.
Zagan5677 wrote:

If you want to "generally horse around", I suggest you go play custom games.

Just because players are in the social playlists, doesn't mean they don't want to play the game as it's intended.
If you queue up for a game, play it. Simple as that. The only time you shouldn't have consequences is if your other teammates are AFK or left.
What happens if you have to occasionally quit for real life reasons? Does the ban penalty counter reset?
FoodNip wrote:
What happens if you have to occasionally quit for real life reasons? Does the ban penalty counter reset?
Sure, if you send it a nice long email explaining why you shouldn't get a 30 second ban because you had to do your homework
FoodNip wrote:
This guy is making a big deal out of what is basically nothing. The timer resets every day and there's no bans for being AFK. This is what happens:
  • First ban is 1 minute. Go stretch.
  • Second ban is 3 minutes. Go take a glass of water.
  • Third ban is 5 minutes. Go to the bathroom, then grab a snack.
  • Fourth ban is 10 minutes. I mean by this point you should probably stop playing if you're gonna quit games so much, but go watch your favorite youtuber's video.
I don't know what the timer is after that, but it resets every day. If you leave 4 games per day, you're the problem, not the system.
FoodNip wrote:
Sure, if you send it a nice long email explaining why you shouldn't get a 30 second ban because you had to do your homework
Lol...

Can someone who isn't like this actually answer? I'm genuinely curious if for example you have to quit a few times a week, does that permanently rackup or reset?
Lenchy wrote:
FoodNip wrote:
This guy is making a big deal out of what is basically nothing. The timer resets every day and there's no bans for being AFK. This is what happens:
  • Fourth ban is 10 minutes. I mean by this point you should probably stop playing if you're gonna quit games so much, but go watch your favorite youtuber's video.
I don't know what the timer is after that, but it resets every day. If you leave 4 games per day, you're the problem, not the system.
If by everyday you mean every 24 hours then I do not think that's the case. I had a 10 minute ban recently and knew my next quit would result in another 10 minute ban. After 2-3 hours it reset itself back to 30 seconds or 1 min (whichever)
Lenchy wrote:
FoodNip wrote:
Sweet yeah that's not so bad then. Thanks for clarifying.
FoodNip wrote:
Lenchy wrote:
FoodNip wrote:
If you go to the official "why I was banned" thread pinned to the top of the page and read the very first post it has the ban rules and they are very lenient.
LethalQ wrote:
FoodNip wrote:
Lenchy wrote:
FoodNip wrote:
If you go to the official "why I was banned" thread pinned to the top of the page and read the very first post it has the ban rules and they are very lenient.
Just read it yeah I agree that's fair.

Friendly Fire should be turned off that would further reduce griefers who want to "horse around".
Lenchy wrote:
FoodNip wrote:
If by everyday you mean every 24 hours then I do not think that's the case. I had a 10 minute ban recently and knew my next quit would result in another 10 minute ban. After 2-3 hours it reset itself back to 30 seconds or 1 min (whichever)
I didn't realize the timer reset was so generous, I just assumed it was a day since that's the least amount of penalty I could see 343 implementing. That's insane.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8