1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
The maximum XP you can earn in performance or team work is 8,000 each in a given match. I think that should change, especially considering how much work and time it takes to level up once you get around Major rank. The cap should be removed and players should be rewarded proportionately to how well they do. If someone manages 30 kills, they shouldnt be stuck with the same 8,000 XP that the guy with 15 kills got.
This is especially true when ranking up is currently the only way to unlock customization for Halo Reach.
Please remove the maximum XP in the Performance and Team Work categories.
I'm just after finishing a match and getting 16000xp for performance. I was doing Invasion, don't know if that matters or not. First time though, every other time has been the usual 8000xp.
The thing is though you aren't guaranteed to get 8k XP for all the categories, so I doubt someone with a much lesser amount of kills is going to get the same XP as you. I think the cap should be raised, but only after they deal with the XP booster problem.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
The thing is though you aren't guaranteed to get 8k XP for all the categories, so I doubt someone with a much lesser amount of kills is going to get the same XP as you. I think the cap should be raised, but only after they deal with the XP booster problem.
Booster problem as in the AFK people?
NathanLuma wrote:
I'm just after finishing a match and getting 16000xp for performance. I was doing Invasion, don't know if that matters or not. First time though, every other time has been the usual 8000xp.
There is a double XP weekend going on so that's probably why it's higher in that category.
ouv wrote:
Yes
NathanLuma wrote:
Double XP is active this weekend.
While I would like the exp cap to be raised ir removed all together, I honestly fear the pacing of exp. What I mean is that the unlock system and rank system seems pretty fair thus far. I do wish we had more ranks, or different ones. Anyway I think the cap and system that is set up is a decent way to Pace unlocks and progression through the ranks they made.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
NathanLuma wrote:
There is a double XP weekend going on so that's probably why it's higher in that category.
ouv wrote:
Yes
Ahhh okay, well get some friends and search together!
well it should go back to earning xp for completing a feat. like x amount of xp for a kill, and x amount for a spree, and so on. like what reach did.
Performance is random. It has to be I have played games done incredibly well and ended with 8000, played other games and didn't do as well and received 16000 xp. I can be top of the leaderboards in a game of btb and still not get the 16000 xp with multikills and a perfection.... I still love the game I just think that the double xp is buggy. I also think that performance cap should be removed.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
NathanLuma wrote:
ouv wrote:
Yes
DoubleSama wrote:
NathanLuma wrote:
Ohhh, makes sense. Cheers guys.
DoubleSama wrote:
NathanLuma wrote:
This

I just got a almost 28k game of 1 flag btb
It's easy to hit the both maxs on firefight ESPECIALLY if you get the grenade launcher, the damage it deals is low enough that you won't kill whatever enemy you use on (Even grunts) and when you want to up your performance, use the concussion rifle. Easy 8,000 on both. 16,000 with double
I get max XP nearly every match on Halo: CE BTB for both performance and team work because theres a ton of different medals on that game for both categories. Super easy to earn them.
Even reach had exp caps and rank locks. Bungie had several exp throtles for the first several months of its release. Me and my friend were talking about it today while we geinded dpuble exp, and he thinks og reach had two diferent rank locks. What i mean by rank lock is when you aren't allowed to go past a certain rank until a certain date, as in your stuck at a level or rank cap. I know bungie did it once but my fiend thinks they did it twice. Either way, the grind was slow and measures were there to ensure we didnt rank up crazy fast.

That said the grind is real..... silver shield is getting grindy near the end. HOWEVER! I am unlock rank 86 and have a another week of double exp left. So in one season i will very, VERY, easly be able to get to level 100 and have all the unlock for reach. It takes a decent amount of play time, but is doable for anyone who wants to do it. Im not sure when the season ends though.

Whats that expression, water wont boil if you watch it
Couldn't agree more with this post. Give the players what they've earned. No need to cap a games that's already been released on a previous platform.
Regice554 wrote:
Even reach had exp caps and rank locks. Bungie had several exp throtles for the first several months of its release. Me and my friend were talking about it today while we geinded dpuble exp, and he thinks og reach had two diferent rank locks. What i mean by rank lock is when you aren't allowed to go past a certain rank until a certain date, as in your stuck at a level or rank cap. I know bungie did it once but my fiend thinks they did it twice. Either way, the grind was slow and measures were there to ensure we didnt rank up crazy fast.

That said the grind is real..... silver shield is getting grindy near the end. HOWEVER! I am unlock rank 86 and have a another week of double exp left. So in one season i will very, VERY, easly be able to get to level 100 and have all the unlock for reach. It takes a decent amount of play time, but is doable for anyone who wants to do it. Im not sure when the season ends though.

Just a teeny tiny correction. The saying is "A watched pot never boils". I get your point, time does drag when you're waiting for something to happen. And I'll admit that with double XP, MCC is alot faster than Reach. Heck I'd say with the tour system there's a small bit where MCC without double XP is faster than reach.
However I feel that no offline XP along with the linear system and the later rank grind (I think Sergeant rank is where it starts) really pulls the system down.
There are definitely improvements that can be done
My problem is I am hitting the cap without even doing well. The cap shouldn't be so low that a player barely trying hits it consistently.
Regice554 wrote:

Just a teeny tiny correction. The saying is "A watched pot never boils". I get your point, time does drag when you're waiting for something to happen. And I'll admit that with double XP, MCC is alot faster than Reach. Heck I'd say with the tour system there's a small bit where MCC without double XP is faster than reach.
However I feel that no offline XP along with the linear system and the later rank grind (I think Sergeant rank is where it starts) really pulls the system down.
I think we can all agree that it has its flaws. I'm seeing alot of people lean towards how it feels not rewarding enough. And I can see that, with small number of exp and exp caps, and a grind to better armor, it can drag down the experience a bunch. Personally I don't feel it as much, but I can't deny that it's important to everyone else that the game feels right. This game was built for the fans and not just me. Anyway I think 343 said they are working on campaign challenges and improving things
Regice554 wrote:
Regice554 wrote:

I think we can all agree that it has its flaws. I'm seeing alot of people lean towards how it feels not rewarding enough. And I can see that, with small number of exp and exp caps, and a grind to better armor, it can drag down the experience a bunch. Personally I don't feel it as much, but I can't deny that it's important to everyone else that the game feels right. This game was built for the fans and not just me. Anyway I think 343 said they are working on campaign challenges and improving things
I feel like like it is killing off the urge to try harder in matches. If I hit the XP cap from getting 15 kills but hit the same cap from getting 30+ then why should I try to play my best? Why even play to win?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2