1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
343 this has got to be one of the worst little update you have experimented with. You have literally turned Social Slayer into ranked at this point. There is absolutely no reason for a lot of people to play ranked now with how this new matching system works. You have not only made wait times much worse in lobbies. But have literally took the fun out of social slayer. You gave us already less of a reason to get on ranked by changing playlists and getting rid of our old ranks.

I know you all have some sort of skill based ranking system in the background. If you are playing a team of three for instance. The update is placing the top 10% of Halo players against the top 25% of Halo players with the difference being that the team whos stats are superior gets put with the lowest ranking player possible. Which makes the game feel like a ranked playlist. People are creating more smurf accounts for this fact alone. Social should be left alone. If people are complaining about how one sided everything is on social all I have to say is learn how to play or find some good players to play with. That is the point of social. That is why we get on to play it. We play for the laughs and the fun and get on ranked when we wanna get competitive. But this update reverses that idea.

And for goodness sake if you are going to make social this sweaty atleast remove AR starts.
It's just temporary for now to see how it does. If the data shows that it's affecting social negatively, then they'll likely revert to how it used to be.
I have been living on H5 for the past months... What's this? Social games with ranked now or something? Fill me in.
I'm guessing per what Lukepowa says, it may just be some testing of the waters?
Repentency wrote:
343 this has got to be the worst little update you have experimented with. You have literally turned Social Slayer into ranked at this point. There is absolutely no reason for a lot of people to play ranked now with how this new matching system works. You have not only made wait times much worse in lobbies. But have literally took the fun out of social slayer. You gave us already less of a reason to get on ranked by changing playlists and getting rid of our old ranks.

I know you all have some sort of skill based ranking system in the background. If you are playing a team of three for instance. The update is placing the top 10% of Halo players against the top 25% of Halo players with the difference being that the team whos stats are superior gets put with the lowest ranking player possible. Which makes the game feel like a ranked playlist. People are creating more smurf accounts for this fact alone. Social should be left alone. If people are complaining about how one sided everything is on social all I have to say is learn how to play or find some good players to play with. That is the point of social. That is why we get on to play it. We play for the laughs and the fun and get on ranked when we wanna get competitive. But this update reverses that idea.

And for goodness sake if you are going to make social this sweaty atleast remove AR starts.
It's not just the players on the losing side of one-sided matches that complain. It's also no fun to be in a match where you completely stomp the enemy team.

KenniTDG wrote:
I have been living on H5 for the past months... What's this? Social games with ranked now or something? Fill me in.
I'm guessing per what Lukepowa says, it may just be some testing of the waters?
They added team matching to 4v4 social.
KenniTDG wrote:
It's about this update.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
KenniTDG wrote:
It's about this update.
People shouldn't have a right to dictate and change how social slayer should be working. Just because some games are too hard and others too boring in their own opinion. That is social slayer. That is how it is meant to operate. This is how slayer has always worked within Halo. Social slayer was absolutely perfect. You had the occassional easy game and the occasional hard game. It was perfect the way it was. That's the point of Social Slayer it provides a spectrum of difficulties to new and old players. People just like to complain about anything. And it's not a good enough excuse to change the way Social has worked since the dawn of time.
To start I definitely agree with the removal of Assault Rifle Starts 110%, it’s terrible in Halo 3 and it seems to pop up ALL THE TIME. I’ve had times that I get AR Starts 8 times in a row! That’s mind blowing to me. Also, anybody who knows anything about the game is going for the Battle Rifle immediately off spawn anyway. Honestly, next time just look at the Post Game Carnage Report after an AR Start game and see what the winning team was using as their tool of destruction, I can almost guarantee in most cases that 2 or more of them were using a Battle Rifle. The SMG Starts were removed entirely from Team Slayer in Halo 2: Classic quite some time ago now and I honestly couldn’t be more happy with that change.

As for the subject here, I don’t know if I’d say “343 this has got to be one of the worst little update you have experimented with”, but it definitely has affected the ability to find games for sure without a doubt and who you play in matchmaking to a degree as well and I’ll get to why that is in a second.

On 11/6 I searched Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo 2: Classic Team Slayer as a Team of 4 at 5pm PST so a relatively good time to play, people are home and online and I had to search for 10 minutes and 38 seconds (I used a stopwatch) in order to get a game in Social. We played 2 games which was the same exact team both times and after the second game we couldn’t even get a game after searching for over 12 minutes. We then split up into 2 teams of 2, searched and got a game in less than 30 seconds and we happened to end up on the same team. It’s not intended I’m sure, but it almost feels like I get punished at this point for playing with friends. I also feel I need to reiterate this is an experiment so being vocal is great, we’ve already gotten things reversed in the past, just look at the Halo: CE 50 to 75 score limit increase that was reversed.

The other problem is that when you do search as a team of 3 or a team of 4, for the most part the only other players searching like that are sweats, which isn’t a problem for me or the people I’m playing with but if you’ve got a team of 3-4 split-screeners odds are they’re not great, which is totally ok, but the point I’m making here is that they’re more than likely about to get dominated... and that’s just gonna happen over and over and over again. Those 3-4 split-screeners are honestly probably better off having a chance of matching anyone searching because for them that’s a better alternative than pretty much being forced because of the search parameters to constantly match players like me over and over. Again can’t stress enough though that this is an experiment and giving vocal feedback is the best way to make changes.
Repentency wrote:
LUKEPOWA wrote:
KenniTDG wrote:
It's about this update.
People shouldn't have a right to dictate and change how social slayer should be working. Just because some games are too hard and others too boring in their own opinion. That is social slayer. That is how it is meant to operate. This is how slayer has always worked within Halo. Social slayer was absolutely perfect. You had the occassional easy game and the occasional hard game. It was perfect the way it was. That's the point of Social Slayer it provides a spectrum of difficulties to new and old players. People just like to complain about anything. And it's not a good enough excuse to change the way Social has worked since the dawn of time.
I could get behind that stance if social wasn't the only way to play certain things. If I want to play Halo CE 4v4, social is the only way to do it. If I want to only play Capture the Flag, social is the only way to do it. If I want to play BTB, social is the only way to do it. The list goes on. For these types of games, we don't have a way to play them ranked/competitive. So, team-matching is a godsend. I would love to see it expanded to 8v8 as well.
Willko wrote:
Repentency wrote:
LUKEPOWA wrote:
KenniTDG wrote:
It's about this update.
I could get behind that stance if social wasn't the only way to play certain things. If I want to play Halo CE 4v4, social is the only way to do it. If I want to only play Capture the Flag, social is the only way to do it. If I want to play BTB, social is the only way to do it. The list goes on. For these types of games, we don't have a way to play them ranked/competitive. So, team-matching is a godsend. I would love to see it expanded to 8v8 as well.
I definitely hope this gets reversed back to what we had prior, like I said before almost everyone searching 4v4 social as a team of 3 or 4 are sweats unless they’re a team of 3 or 4 split-screeners. Which again isn’t a problem for me really but the split-screeners are the exact kind of people I’m trying to advocate for here. Basically a team of 3 or 4 split-screeners is gonna be forced to match somebody like me over and over and over again because the search parameters require them to match a team of 3 or 4 and to be totally honest, that’s going to be a slaughter every single game. Teams of 3 or 4 split-screeners are honestly just better off being able to match against anyone because there’s potential for it to be more fair, they won’t be forced to match players like me over and over again.

I also know Halo: CE doesn’t have ranked 4v4 but honestly Halo: CE is more of a 2v2 game for competitive anyway, it’s also definitely not the most populated/popular game on MCC despite it being my 3rd favorite game ever (Halo 3 being my 2nd and Halo 2 being number 1). Social itself isn’t really meant to have competitive games. Can it happen? Sure. Is it the actual focus? No.

The idea is to get on with your friends and play together and just have a good time but we also need to consider how old MCC is at this point and how party matching can greatly affect search times depending on what you’re trying to play, as well as who players will end up matching with those search parameters in place. I just don’t see this as a good change for the social aspect of the game in 4v4.
What I don't get is why 343 wants to shrink the already small community by restricting matchmaking in social? How was that even considered? 343 you have ruined Halo for so many people please BAN AR START!! Actually just reset any changes you made to the already perfect game from Bungie and just keep ruining your new games like Halo 4 and 5 or you could just focus on your new Halo game and not mess that up. Also Anibis5th is God at Halo 3. GG
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Ahahahahaha! True feeling though with this update! 😂
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.
Spoiler:
Show
How is this related to the 11/6 update and going to help get things reversed? Also wow... that GT...
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
Spoiler:
Show
They just need to turn it off, it's social slayer for a reason. If I wanted team matching I'd play ranked, but as an Aussie who already finds it hard to get games, this be another kick to the teeth. I already gave up yesterday after finding nothing but a sweat fest. Not my idea of fun after 343, just a joke at this point.
Trxnsition wrote:
They just need to turn it off, it's social slayer for a reason. If I wanted team matching I'd play ranked, but as an Aussie who already finds it hard to get games, this be another kick to the teeth. I already gave up yesterday after finding nothing but a sweat fest. Not my idea of fun after 343, just a joke at this point.
A lot of people will quit playing if they keep this. All the randoms who go -15 a game are the ones who are complaining about "unfair matchmaking" while the general community is doing fine and didn't have a problem with the way social was set up.
Repentency wrote:
Trxnsition wrote:
A lot of people will quit playing if they keep this. All the randoms who go -15 a game are the ones who are complaining about "unfair matchmaking" while the general community is doing fine and didn't have a problem with the way social was set up.
I agree. 343 just needs to listen to the majority of the players or at least the ones that’s been around for a long while bc were the ones that will still be playing once everyone else leaves.
We were searching for 4v4 Halo 1 (slayer, flag, hill, oddball) and couldn't get a match at 1PM on Saturday. That's legitimately never happened. I'm assuming this update is the culprit? Need more population before implementing stuff like this.
We were searching for 4v4 Halo 1 (slayer, flag, hill, oddball) and couldn't get a match at 1PM on Saturday. That's legitimately never happened. I'm assuming this update is the culprit? Need more population before implementing stuff like this.
Yes it is the culprit. It was so bad the other night that after playing Halo 2: Classic as a team of 4 we literally killed the playlist from the team of 3 or 4 standpoint. So we searched Halo 3 couldn’t get a game and then went on to search Halo 4 as a team of 4 and killed the Halo 4 4v4 hopper for everything except Grifball that night because people didn’t want to play us anymore. We literally NEVER play Halo 4... EVER but it was that bad.

At least before this update people weren’t forced to continue to play us because were the only other team searching, they had the possibility of matching different people. It’s especially bad for teams of 3 or 4 split-screeners because they just end up matching people like me over and over and end up getting dominated every single game and that isn’t really fair to them, they should be able to match other people without restrictions like this.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2