Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Roman armor concepts not as cool as you think

OP Leos Nuts

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Look man if we buried every genocide committing culture there was the only thing left would be the hippies and the people who got genocided.
There is a toggle to enable skins on/off. I'm sorry you don't like it.
Look man if we buried every genocide committing culture there was the only thing left would be the hippies and the people who got genocided.
That’s not even what the topic is about
I don’t like the new armor. It doesn’t fit into the halo canon universe. Sure, conceptually they look badass but they feel out of place in halo.
Leos Nuts wrote:
I’m done with the Greco/Roman phase. please. Everyone is. Have some imagination and try to make armor that hasn’t already been done 1000’s of times and doesn’t low-key whitewash the genocides the romans perpetuated

Literally thousands of ancient civilizations and mythologies and you guys are still stuck on the greco/romans? Weak sauce.
I like ninjas....That okay?
Dayon Kemp wrote:
I don’t like helmets from the past being in a futuristic game, but it’s whatever since it a crossover ig.
Other reasons and mostly the main reasons I don’t like them is from looking at the insider pictures, they look out of place in reach, with they’re textures and the size of the helmets looking huge compared to the rest of the Spartan.
SENCHIEF10 wrote:
I agree that other cultures can and should be represented more often, but they aren’t mutually exclusive. They can do both.

with that said while these armor sets look good they don’t fit halo’s aesthetic and shouldn’t have been made in the first place.

the hyabusa is an exception as it’s very understated compared to these sets. And by that I mean they primary looks like halo armor with ninja ornamentation rather than the other way around.
It's only your opinion anyways. I don't think Hayabusa fits into the art style
Hayabusa was also just one helmet, chest piece, and shoulder set, so there wasn’t an overwhelming amount of it compared to the original armor. Season 8 on the other hand, has doubled the amount of original customizable options with just this one specific style of content.

My main problem with them is not that they added them in the first place. There’s been plenty of customizable options that I didn’t care to use before and I expect many more to come in the future, but the fact that they made the entire season about these armors and added more of them than the original game has is a bit annoying.

Add a few sets sure, but 60 pieces total of that one style? It’s excessive imo. Especially when H2C and H2A haven’t been given any new content at all. H2A especially should get way more love. It plays great and gives a modernized feel to the classic Halo experience. It was also launched with MCC for Halo 2’a anniversary, yet it has the least amount of content of them all. Again, I just think it’s BS that they devoted so much to that specifically, when they haven’t added anything at all, or very little, to some of the other games.
If the one armor set (hayabusa) gets a free pass, then the rest can as well.
Leos Nuts wrote:
I’m done with the Greco/Roman phase. please. Everyone is. Have some imagination and try to make armor that hasn’t already been done 1000’s of times and doesn’t low-key whitewash the genocides the romans perpetuated

Literally thousands of ancient civilizations and mythologies and you guys are still stuck on the greco/romans? Weak sauce.
Agreed, they don't look that great. But I appreciate 343 for trying to satisfy the people that wanted em lol.
SENCHIEF10 wrote:
I agree that other cultures can and should be represented more often, but they aren’t mutually exclusive. They can do both.

with that said while these armor sets look good they don’t fit halo’s aesthetic and shouldn’t have been made in the first place.

the hyabusa is an exception as it’s very understated compared to these sets. And by that I mean they primary looks like halo armor with ninja ornamentation rather than the other way around.
It's only your opinion anyways. I don't think Hayabusa fits into the art style
Hayabusa was also just one helmet, chest piece, and shoulder set, so there wasn’t an overwhelming amount of it compared to the original armor. Season 8 on the other hand, has doubled the amount of original customizable options with just this one specific style of content.

My main problem with them is not that they added them in the first place. There’s been plenty of customizable options that I didn’t care to use before and I expect many more to come in the future, but the fact that they made the entire season about these armors and added more of them than the original game has is a bit annoying.

Add a few sets sure, but 60 pieces total of that one style? It’s excessive imo. Especially when H2C and H2A haven’t been given any new content at all. H2A especially should get way more love. It plays great and gives a modernized feel to the classic Halo experience. It was also launched with MCC for Halo 2’a anniversary, yet it has the least amount of content of them all. Again, I just think it’s BS that they devoted so much to that specifically, when they haven’t added anything at all, or very little, to some of the other games.
If the one armor set (hayabusa) gets a free pass, then the rest can as well.
I never gave it a “free pass”, nor was I asking for any of it to be removed. I did simple math and posed a simple question, which you ignored in favor of beating a dead horse that had nothing to do with my point.
Leos Nuts wrote:

Spartans are from Greece, so obviously it is fitting for an alternate timeline mjlornir
Leos Nuts wrote:

You know, just a theory, but maybe the reference was more of a nod to the fact that they’re called “Spartans”? And honestly you just sound like some 15 year old kid who opened Twitter to post about how whitewashed society is. Some people like Greek and Roman mythology, if you don’t: cool, don’t play the game or don’t use the skin. Problem solved.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2