Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

rubber banding controller running rampant in mcc

OP jjnk12345

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
many players have starting rubber banding their controller in matchmaking on mcc ( Xbox)so they don’t get removed from matchmaking by the rubber band hitting random buttons I guess it their way of earnings xp this is ruining matchmaking as the players is obviously afk and ruining their team change to win 343 please find a fix to this problem
There is an easy fix to reduce this occurance , 343 could implement xp for campaign missions , I'm sure the increase is due to non pvp players using this method for levelling up .
There is an easy fix to reduce this occurance , 343 could implement xp for campaign missions , I'm sure the increase is due to non pvp players using this method for levelling up .
I agree. Plus they could add back the Score Attack playlist in Firefight, the solo gametype from OG Reach.
I have a rubber band on my controller too, but I don't have it on during actual gameplay. It's the only way to be able to set your controller down and do something else while searching. I'm always back before the game starts, I usually have multiple people in the party who'll tell me we found a game. If you're searching for something very specific (like we search for CE, flag only) it might take four or five minutes to get a game, and constantly having to baby the controller to not get kicked from searching every thirty seconds is just plain annoying.
This idle kick while searching HAS TO GO. No other game on this planet has this dumb mechanism. I like to browse or chat on my other screen while searching for a game...
Maybe they will do it on xbox as well, but in pc one of the mods was talking about if they catch people doing that they will reset them back to teir 1. Essentially take everything away and make them start over. Hopefully they do that on xbox as well
Had 2 in btb last night in consecutive games.
Even though I didnt pay for ff, im hearing stories that its common in ff.
I saw a few occurrences of it in Action Sack last night for Halo Reach.

It sucks.
This idle kick while searching HAS TO GO. No other game on this planet has this dumb mechanism. I like to browse or chat on my other screen while searching for a game...
Exactly this.
It really is annoying when inactive members are on your team. but when they are enemies they are free points. (don't take my comment seriously just kidding about it)
Just remove game completion xp. Buff performance and teamwork xp. This way people actually have to play to earn xp. Simple fix
FLUFFYR00 wrote:
Just remove game completion xp. Buff performance and teamwork xp. This way people actually have to play to earn xp. Simple fix
So again only effectively reward good pvp players at the expense of pve only and below average pvp players ,pve guys get locked out of content they payed for so very umm call of duty of 343
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not promote cheating or griefing.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Listen buddy, everyone here in this forum is riding 343 right now, blame 343 for this "problem", i would never blame afk boosters at all, its 343 fault for making a linear progression system, blame them for taking away veteran reach players progress and armor, blame them for taking away $300 worth of armor and armor effect, and that includes red flames, blame them for making veteran players go through a tedious grind, unenjoyable grind to get back the things they lost, cause at the end of the day when they announced reach was coming back everyone was excited but at launch many people were angry at the fact that they will LOSE EVERYTHING THEY GRINDED FOR, and if you argue that its still on 360, how about this. The game is almost unplayable, modders, lag switchers, black screen every 30 seconds, servers are trash, can't play firefight without having your whole team lag out, low player count. BLAME 343, NOT THE PLAYERS!!

I don't know if you are new to reach or not but only veterans would understand this problem, we get NO COMPENSATION for the the things we LOST!
Kareling wrote:
Listen buddy, everyone here in this forum is riding 343 right now, blame 343 for this "problem", i would never blame afk boosters at all, its 343 fault for making a linear progression system, blame them for taking away veteran reach players progress and armor, blame them for taking away $300 worth of armor and armor effect, and that includes red flames, blame them for making veteran players go through a tedious grind, unenjoyable grind to get back the things they lost, cause at the end of the day when they announced reach was coming back everyone was excited but at launch many people were angry at the fact that they will LOSE EVERYTHING THEY GRINDED FOR, and if you argue that its still on 360, how about this. The game is almost unplayable, modders, lag switchers, black screen every 30 seconds, servers are trash, can't play firefight without having your whole team lag out, low player count. BLAME 343, NOT THE PLAYERS!!

I don't know if you are new to reach or not but only veterans would understand this problem, we get NO COMPENSATION for the the things we LOST!
Good Lord buddy give it a rest, you have said the same stuff on so many forums. If you want the armor you earned go play on your Xbox 360. If it's unplayable as you say then we just have to accept it, it's an old game. Stop complaining that you have to restart on the NEW Halo Reach. Everybody has to restart, deal with it. I do agree it is a worse progression system than in the original Reach, though. Maybe for a change focus on having fun and playing the game with your friends versus focusing on the cosmetics, focusing on the cosmetics will only bring you further frustration.
Kareling wrote:

Who in their right mind actually expected to retain progress on a re-release of a 10 year old game? I'm a veteran Halo player as well and I'm thankful for the grind again.
Not really. The point of 'multiplayer' boosting is they'd get boosts for doing nothing and well classic Reach campaign barely gave any exp so I doubt they'd stop boosting till 343 starts bringing in more ban-hammers.
FLUFFYR00 wrote:
So again only effectively reward good pvp players at the expense of pve only and below average pvp players ,pve guys get locked out of content they payed for so very umm call of duty of 343
Either way its the simplest way of removing afkers
FLUFFYR00 wrote:
FLUFFYR00 wrote:
Either way its the simplest way of removing afkers
Your solution is to punish the gamer which has always proven not to be viable or even sustainable , my solution is to challenge the developer to make xp a more viable option to across both pve and pvp content
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2