Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

rubber banding controller running rampant in mcc

OP jjnk12345

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
FLUFFYR00 wrote:
FLUFFYR00 wrote:
Just remove game completion xp. Buff performance and teamwork xp. This way people actually have to play to earn xp. Simple fix
So again only effectively reward good pvp players at the expense of pve only and below average pvp players ,pve guys get locked out of content they payed for so very umm call of duty of 343
Either way its the simplest way of removing afkers
Your solution is to punish the gamer which has always proven not to be viable or even sustainable , my solution is to challenge the developer to make xp a more viable option to across both pve and pvp content
And my way doesnt need to be permanant. Just a quick fix until 343 come up with something to stop afkers.
i did see this happen to me today. had a guy just spinning in place. normally its just afk
FLUFFYR00 wrote:
FLUFFYR00 wrote:
FLUFFYR00 wrote:
Just remove game completion xp. Buff performance and teamwork xp. This way people actually have to play to earn xp. Simple fix
So again only effectively reward good pvp players at the expense of pve only and below average pvp players ,pve guys get locked out of content they payed for so very umm call of duty of 343
Your solution is to punish the gamer which has always proven not to be viable or even sustainable , my solution is to challenge the developer to make xp a more viable option to across both pve and pvp content
And my way doesnt need to be permanant. Just a quick fix until 343 come up with something to stop afkers.
343 have certainly created or at the very least increased the afk issue with the ew xp system . Maybe the wait it out option and things will settle down . But with this being a seasonal thing with each title release on pc I think a rethink or better implementation would serve the whole playerbase (pve and pvp) much better .
FLUFFYR00 wrote:
FLUFFYR00 wrote:
FLUFFYR00 wrote:
343 have certainly created or at the very least increased the afk issue with the ew xp system . Maybe the wait it out option and things will settle down . But with this being a seasonal thing with each title release on pc I think a rethink or better implementation would serve the whole playerbase (pve and pvp) much better .
It was in old reach too. But if enough people reported people doing it, banhammer.
The other team had their own afk players in this clip.
https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/safetym33ting/video/83158655
I said this in another post, but why can't they kick these players out of matchmaking if they never fire their weapon?
I think for now we make sure to give the feedback needed to improve the XP system and with that it should decrease some people from doing it and also help improve the idle system thus less run ins with them.
Should we be reporting these guys? It’s so annoying. Ruins the game.
I report them for cheating and then block them so hopefully dont get matched with them again.
xxJG0Dxx wrote:
Should we be reporting these guys? It’s so annoying. Ruins the game.
Absolutely
I hope something is done, it's the worst loading in to grifball and having 3 afk team mates, just constantly being spawn killed and players taking advantage of afk kids to pad k/d and medals... the enemy team eventually caught on and let me watch from afar as they stomped the heads of the afk kids letting me have a moment of respite, but at what cost? I can't just leave the match because the possibility of a ban, so I just sit there and watch 10 mins go by? That's when and if they take pity on me?
There is an easy fix to reduce this occurance , 343 could implement xp for campaign missions , I'm sure the increase is due to non pvp players using this method for levelling up .
In what world did campaign level you up fast on original reach? It'd be nice to get xp for all modes but campaign barely dropped 1k cR. Which is nothing unless you were a lower rank. Everyone wants to blame 343's methods of earning xp but that not an excuse. People who do this are lazy players who dont want to put any effort in but still get rewarded. Ill admit 343's xp system isnt very ideal, but why cant everyone play as intended? Ill tell you why because no matter what 343 would've done or any developer for that matter. There will always be at least one person looking to cheat the system.
FLUFFYR00 wrote:
I hope they do remove the completion bonus, or at least amply it for those who actually played.. But what's to stop them from farming only assists?
There is an easy fix to reduce this occurance , 343 could implement xp for campaign missions , I'm sure the increase is due to non pvp players using this method for levelling up .
In what world did campaign level you up fast on original reach? It'd be nice to get xp for all modes but campaign barely dropped 1k cR. Which is nothing unless you were a lower rank. Everyone wants to blame 343's methods of earning xp but that not an excuse. People who do this are lazy players who dont want to put any effort in but still get rewarded. Ill admit 343's xp system isnt very ideal, but why cant everyone play as intended? Ill tell you why because no matter what 343 would've done or any developer for that matter. There will always be at least one person looking to cheat the system.
There are 2 missions. The first is the space mission. Just stay on the beach or get the wraith (kill gunner then hop in gunner) and you have endless waves. The other is New Alexandria. Banshees & Phantoms are endless making it easy points for the falcon.
The campaign, the daily weekly challenges and even solo firefight granted options for the pve only player to level up his or her armor albeit more slowly but a alternate option none the less .

As it currently stands today 343i is in stark contrast to bungie's original vision of an inclusive reach playstyle that won't allow me to level my character my way,but instead it is mandated that I must play how 343i decides I should.
so I say cheese every lobby if that gets the point across.yes it's selfish but my $10 holds the same value as yours yet I'm locked out of a section of the game because I don't enjoy playing pvp.
I won't feel bad about it as you believe it's lazy yet I'm happy to grind away doing campaign missions and not ruining anyone's fun if I was given this option ( just like bungie did originally hmmmm)
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not troll.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I kinda stopped playing Halo reach because of this.
The campaign, the daily weekly challenges and even solo firefight granted options for the pve only player to level up his or her armor albeit more slowly but a alternate option none the less .

As it currently stands today 343i is in stark contrast to bungie's original vision of an inclusive reach playstyle that won't allow me to level my character my way,but instead it is mandated that I must play how 343i decides I should.
so I say cheese every lobby if that gets the point across.yes it's selfish but my $10 holds the same value as yours yet I'm locked out of a section of the game because I don't enjoy playing pvp.
I won't feel bad about it as you believe it's lazy yet I'm happy to grind away doing campaign missions and not ruining anyone's fun if I was given this option ( just like bungie did originally hmmmm)
Locked out of a section you say? Rightfully so, Even being a 10 year old game bringing reach to mcc took alot of work and cost money to do. So yea it makes sense that they would charge for it. Im not defending 343 im just telling you how it is. There is nothing that make exploiting ok to do.
Gives us non-pvp players a bad name tbh, I myself am more of a Campaign and Firefight only person, but if I go into an actual match, I will actively try to complete it.

Locked out of a section you say? Rightfully so, Even being a 10 year old game bringing reach to mcc took alot of work and cost money to do. So yea it makes sense that they would charge for it. Im not defending 343 im just telling you how it is. There is nothing that make exploiting ok to do.
All good you do you mate, from my end I'm happy to stay in og teach, it's simply the better product., the steam player drop away figures since re-release tell a compelling story as to how the broader player base feel about this 343i iteration.
J my Angel wrote:
This idle kick while searching HAS TO GO. No other game on this planet has this dumb mechanism. I like to browse or chat on my other screen while searching for a game...
Exactly this.
I’ve mentioned this on loads off posts/topics on here and it’s still not been dealt with, I too hate flicking the analog every 1 minute.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2