1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
MCC is a total fail at this point. 343 said they were working around the clock to fix the downloading latest data bug and they have not done one thing in a few months to my knowledge. So instead of pushing H5s launch focus a little more on the MCC and bring it back to life because if they don't make split screen an option in H5 then we will have an unplayable halo and a weird halo that is pro online. 343 please listen to the consumers and fix this crap.
Boy oh boy you are so late to the whole Save MCC First rubbish. Allow me to rewind the tape and tell you exactly what that hilariously hideous hashtag accomplished, a whole, uneaten, unspoiled pack of nothing and it continues to do so.

I'm trying not to be rude here, but I watched people spam 343 with that hashtag under the impression that the creators words were going to revolutionize Halo and it did nothing. Nada. Nil Pois. If you'd like to see some change, post what you'd like to see changed and maybe, just maybe somebody will see it and your idea will catch on, but you know a surefire way to have your opinion disregarded? Posting #SaveMCCFirst as your thread title then expecting to be taken seriously when you look like a brat.
If they aren't going to fix those playlists, there is no saving this game lol people will continue to quit/betray
The thing is people think it's going be just as easy as pulling people off H5G and dumping them into the labyrinth of MCC problems. That's almost like asking a doctor to cut out your lung and use it to replace a kidney.

If you really want to save the MCC the first thing to do is create ways to bolster the current player number like Adding Reach, ODST Firefight, more free H2A maps, unlocking armor customization, a community maps playlist, and make playing the MCC contribute to earning H5G Req packs.
The thing is people think it's going be just as easy as pulling people off H5G and dumping them into the labyrinth of MCC problems. That's almost like asking a doctor to cut out your lung and use it to replace a kidney.

If you really want to save the MCC the first thing to do is create ways to bolster the current player number like Adding Reach, ODST Firefight, more free H2A maps, unlocking armor customization, a community maps playlist, and make playing the MCC contribute to earning H5G Req packs.
I have a friend who has All of the Halo 2 maps remade through H2A forge. It was extremely impressive how much time and detail these forgers put it to recreate every detail the best they can, down to the individual grenade spawn.

They could totally do a Community forge playlist. The maps are out there
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Spoiler:
Show
This is genuinely the worst launch of a video game ever. It's quite sad how little they respect the old games to leave them in this state. A fragment of their former selves.
Hopefully they will actually give this a bit more focus once Halo 5 is released but I do truly doubt it. On the other hand I'm not really planning to boycott halo 5 as it's just a game to me, if I can get fun out of it I'll buy it. I doubt I'll have it on release though.
AtP Angel wrote:
This is genuinely the worst launch of a video game ever. It's quite sad how little they respect the old games to leave them in this state. A fragment of their former selves.
Hopefully they will actually give this a bit more focus once Halo 5 is released but I do truly doubt it. On the other hand I'm not really planning to boycott halo 5 as it's just a game to me, if I can get fun out of it I'll buy it. I doubt I'll have it on release though.
Nothing will EVER beat the launch of ET for the Atari

And in my personal opinion. The Launch of GTA online was way worse then Halo MCC. It's almost been 3 years and it still isn't fixed. They had to reduce the graphics of the multiplayer just to finally stabilize the servers and you still get full sever crashes commonly.

I also have 10x harder time playing with my friends. It takes almost 30 minutes to get a match going and sometimes everyone will get booted or randomly drop and we have to go throw almost 5 minute load screens just to spend another 20 minutes to get the Heist started again.

Halo MCC. Takes less then a minute to recover someone who was dropped and at most 3 minutes to find a match on every game types but BTB and even that sometimes pops in a minute.

So from a horrible experience I still get from GTA V online compared to Halo MCC, Halo runs very smooth for me.
Once H5 drops and the dust settles, 343 will return to fixing MCC.
Game will never be fixed , halo 5 is terrible and they're just using the halo name to make millions and turn it into call of duty ... The halo ogs cry because of what halo has become... Sad days in gaming history
Game will never be fixed , halo 5 is terrible and they're just using the halo name to make millions and turn it into call of duty ... The halo ogs cry because of what halo has become... Sad days in gaming history
That's not true for a number of reasons that should be obvious to anyone..

MCC is a total fail at this point. 343 said they were working around the clock to fix the downloading latest data bug and they have not done one thing in a few months to my knowledge. So instead of pushing H5s launch focus a little more on the MCC and bring it back to life because if they don't make split screen an option in H5 then we will have an unplayable halo and a weird halo that is pro online. 343 please listen to the consumers and fix this crap.
I want them to fix Halo: MCC as well so it's working 100%. It's still not working for a lot of people (Australians can't connect most of the time) and I hope that issues get resolved before Halo 5 comes out.

However, I laugh every time I see someone post a hashtag on Halo Waypoint or social media. Spamming a hashtag as some sort of armchair activist isn't going to spur 343i into action quicker, nor is it going to apply pressure for them to do so. Out of all the real world issues out there with war, famine, disease, politics, charities, tragedies, do you really think that people are going to be concerned with fixing a video game? It just makes you look bad.

Come on now. Don't post hashtags, especially on Halo Waypoint where they're not supported.

(inb4 someone replies to my post with a hashtag because they think they're clever)
DSight wrote:
That's not true for a number of reasons that should be obvious to anyone..

I want them to fix Halo: MCC as well so it's working 100%. It's still not working for a lot of people (Australians can't connect most of the time) and I hope that issues get resolved before Halo 5 comes out.

However, I laugh every time I see someone post a hashtag on Halo Waypoint or social media. Spamming a hashtag as some sort of armchair activist isn't going to spur 343i into action quicker, nor is it going to apply pressure for them to do so. Out of all the real world issues out there with war, famine, disease, politics, charities, tragedies, do you really think that people are going to be concerned with fixing a video game? It just makes you look bad.

Come on now. Don't post hashtags, especially on Halo Waypoint where they're not supported.

(inb4 someone replies to my post with a hashtag because they think they're clever)
#truth

:p
I've been playing Halo since CE (is that "OG" enough?) and if ever I cry about what Halo has become, I can assure you that they are tears of joy.

Please don't lump all the "OG"s together and assume that we all hate Halo's new direction; that's just plain inaccurate.
I have a friend who has All of the Halo 2 maps remade through H2A forge. It was extremely impressive how much time and detail these forgers put it to recreate every detail the best they can, down to the individual grenade spawn.

They could totally do a Community forge playlist. The maps are out there
This totally gets my vote, I'd really love to see some of the Ha2 forge made maps make it into rotation. Not only would this be great for the community, but I'm confident they could be easily tweaked (if necessary) to make them good for tournament play. Extra maps for tournaments can never be a bad idea
I've been playing Halo since CE (is that "OG" enough?) and if ever I cry about what Halo has become, I can assure you that they are tears of joy.

Please don't lump all the "OG"s together and assume that we all hate Halo's new direction; that's just plain inaccurate.
100% this. You know what makes me cry? Any time i play a non ranked game type and have to suffer through another slow -Yoink- H3 game. My god that game has aged horribly. To each their own i guess. Been playing since '01 and H5 looks to be the best Halo yet.
Theron Nett DSight and Archellik its not about the hashtag. I did not come on here to say everyone use this hashtag it was a simple title. I just wanted to post my opinion on what needs to be done. If we all let 343 focus on Halo 5 then MCC is going to be trash for the rest of eternity. This is why I post on the forums, I want MCC and Halo 5 to be the best they can be. But you guys obviously don't care about the point I try to make. Post your opinion about the topic not the hashtag.
Theron Nett DSight and Archellik its not about the hashtag. I did not come on here to say everyone use this hashtag it was a simple title. I just wanted to post my opinion on what needs to be done. If we all let 343 focus on Halo 5 then MCC is going to be trash for the rest of eternity. This is why I post on the forums, I want MCC and Halo 5 to be the best they can be. But you guys obviously don't care about the point I try to make. Post your opinion about the topic not the hashtag.
My opinion is that if there was no reason to post a hashtag, why bother posting it? You obviously did it for a reason.

And Halo: MCC isn't trash. It's actually quite a good game and has been for months now. Not for everyone mind you, but it has for me and that's all that matters.
DSight wrote:
My opinion is that if there was no reason to post a hashtag, why bother posting it? You obviously did it for a reason.

And Halo: MCC isn't trash. It's actually quite a good game and has been for months now. Not for everyone mind you, but it has for me and that's all that matters.
No, it isn't trash but 343s awesome programming skill.
DSight wrote:

No, it isn't trash but 343s awesome programming skill.
That sentence does not make sense. Are you saying that 343i's programming skill is trash? If that's the case did you know that the majority of Halo: MCC was made by 5 separate studios outside of 343i? So if you're going to call 343i's programming as trash (I'd personally like to see you do better), you mind as well also call out: Certain Affinity, Ruffian Games, Saber Interactive, Blur Studio, and United Front Games.
lemme guess, the OP watched BDobbins' last 2 videos and took them for absolute gospel.He makes good points but is not an avid Halo player himself.He spends his time between many different tiles.MCC has been fine for months now and once playlist populations grow it'll be a must have for xbox one owners.343i have listened to concerns surrounding MCC and are on their way to fixing it.Be patient,it's a bad situation no doubt but little by little the pieces are coming together.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2