Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Season 8 the last season?

OP Invictoz3604

According to one of the biggest Halo Youtubers "KevinKoolx" Season 8 will be the final content season of the MCC. We were supposed to get 10, but I am actually fine with this as long as we still get some further functionality updates.

Thoughts?
To quote the development update: “Starting next year, we’re targeting pivoting away from our current seasonal model and cadence to instead focus on smaller MCC updates that can land when they’re ready based on development status and studio roadmap alignment. These updates will continue to be free and will include the unreleased features and content from this year – as well as a continued effort to improve stability and tackle legacy fixes where possible.” TLDR - Updates will no longer be season based after season 8.
Always take what you hear in a YouTube’s videos with a grain of salt.

They are generally no more informed than we are, and get their information from Waypoint, like we can. And it’s not uncommon for them to miss a minor detail, that changes their perception around a given topic. They are just human after all.

The best place to get accurate info is from the developers themselves, via Waypoint updates and anything that comes from the horses mouth.

I watch a fair few Halo YouTubers, but if I see they are covering a waypoint update, I’ll go read it first to ingest the facts a face value, then go checkout their opinions on said update.
Even though Halo MCC Season 8 will be the last season, the Halo Master Chief Collection will continue getting more updates. That's how I see it happened.
Look at this realistically. The scope of what we were originally promissed is getting scaled way back. We might get some leftover content that was in-progress but didn't quite make the Season 8 cut. And then maybe one more update with bug fixes and a mod handover package. Do not expect two more seasons worth of content to just be spread out into smaller, less formalized, and more frequent packages.

Seasons 1-8 were so packed with content so 343 could gather data and feedback to help guide the plan for Infinite's MP. That won't really be needed anymore next year.

Predictable, but it still feels like a betrayal that they waited this long to break the news.
We still really need a Halo 2 Classic/Anniversary Season, its the only game that hasn't gotten any kind of season at all for content. That was hinted at the end of the blog...
Feel free to read the update yourself instead of being feed the information second hand. They clarify that the season format is ending, but updates will continue.
Feel free to read the update yourself instead of being feed the information second hand. They clarify that the season format is ending, but updates will continue.
Thank you for the link.
As mentioned, I personally think it is fine that season content is ending. Feature updates and fixes continue, so it's not like the MCC is bring left hanging from now on.
As long as game updates continue, I’m happy. It’s clear once Infinite launches, the focus will shift to new battle passes and seasons for that.

Would be nice to see more Halo 2 content. If you’re reading 343…
Always take what you hear in a YouTube’s videos with a grain of salt.

They are generally no more informed than we are, and get their information from Waypoint, like we can. And it’s not uncommon for them to miss a minor detail, that changes their perception around a given topic. They are just human after all.

The best place to get accurate info is from the developers themselves, via Waypoint updates and anything that comes from the horses mouth.

I watch a fair few Halo YouTubers, but if I see they are covering a waypoint update, I’ll go read it first to ingest the facts a face value, then go checkout their opinions on said update.
I've heard some claim or allude to being 'in the know', as in they have inside information like they know someone inside 343 who is feeding them info. I usually call bullcrap on that unless it turns out to be true in the end consistently. I feel some do that just to seem more 'credible' to their followers and so that on the off chance they are right, their followers will share that with others and it'll result in more subscribes for them.

Though I'm not sure which ones do this, the only content creators I follow are HiddenXperia, HaloCompletionist, DetroitOddballs, Mint Blitz, GeneralHeed/Kidd, and I think I'm still subscribed to Halo Follower from a long time ago. Not all of those creators talk about the new up and coming stuff, some of them just idly mention it while streaming.