Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Should/Could Halo 5 be part of the MCC?

OP SectionUnity

Story driven? Not so much. But I think Halo 5 has some of the best variety of gameplay and cooperative features. The campaign was already designed to allow 4 players online without splitscreen. The missions themselves are pretty fun, people might like to enjoy them with few friends

Multiplayer itself was faded but I think had the best custom games at least. Since many of the best modes are from Forge; its pretty much better than all the others because of its basic scripting. It makes action sack have better amount gameplay design and variety.
I think MCC has enough stuffed into it already, adding a massive game like Halo 5 which was like, 70+ GB's with forge, the campaign, and matchmaking. All of that might be a bit too much for it to handle without breaking down.

Aside from that, isn't Halo 5's engine a tad too different from Halo: CEA to Reach's? I mean, Reach was just a slight upgrade of their normal engine I believe back when Bungie was still in control, which is likely how it was able to be added (just needed some cleaning up). But Halo 5 is vastly different in terms of mechanics, ordinance, etc, so I'm not sure if it would work.
Just let MCC die already
Just let MCC die already
And Halo 5, I don't want that garbage on my hard drive.
No. That game is big enough as it is, throw H5 into it and you’re talking about a ridiculous amount of GB just for one game. Besides, there’s really no point since H5 is already on Xbox One.
Just let MCC die already
Just because you don't want to play it? I don't there could be another comment on this site people would disagree with more.
MEDICVS wrote:
No. That game is big enough as it is, throw H5 into it and you’re talking about a ridiculous amount of GB just for one game. Besides, there’s really no point since H5 is already on Xbox One.
Maybe Halo 5 seperate on Steam. The game has, in my opinion, the best forge community and creations than the game itself. With the additional PC mods, I bet we can probably create a new game on forge pretty much!
It may as well be. It's not had the best reputation so porting it to PC only to sell it completely separately from MCC is probably more trouble than it's worth, and it's also the only Halo singleplayer that I have not played. I am not a console player anymore and Halo Infinite on PC isn't going to be enough reason to make me fill in the gaps by buying a new console.
Staten and company wrote and did justice to Chief better in Reach than that genius who headed H5. Reach makes a better case for being part of MCC than H5 does.

On a more technical note, all the games in MCC are from generations prior to Xbox One. I don’t see the need to add H5 into MCC since H5 was made at a time where backwards compatibility, platform unification, and so on were becoming a thing. MCC was made to bring the older games to Xbox One with updated resolutions and framerates. H5 is fine as a standalone. There’s a cool tile in MCC that opens up H5 and that’s plenty.
No. And I also wish they would remove Halo 4 from existence.
you got to be crazy to add that stinky mess that takes up 200GB
It would be a good opportunity to rerelease the game with offline playability by removing the "always online" restriction, but I don't think that will happen anytime soon, as long as they are still making money off the micro-transactions.
If you have H5 digital there is (or at least there used to be) an option to launch H5 from the MCC Menu. So it was semi-included in MCC to make for a smooth transition between games but there is simply no reason to include it formally. The purpose of MCC was to bring *prior* generation games to the new hardware.
Just let MCC die already
And Halo 5, I don't want that garbage on my hard drive.
Than why are you here?
Umm no. Despite how much I dislike Halo 5....I don't want micro-transactions to suddenly turn up in MCC since it's seriously made Halo 5 a poorly optimised mess. Plus MCC doesn't need Halo 5...it's bad enough having Halo 4 on there, which is why I'm glad I can turn it off in matchmaking, I'd most likely do the same to Halo 5 if they tried doing that.
Just let MCC die already
Righhhhhhhhht
DIlzZzY wrote:
Just let MCC die already
Just because you don't want to play it? I don't there could be another comment on this site people would disagree with more.
Just let him have his moment, he probably thinks the first Halo is h5, and can't stand "subpar" graphics that doesn't look like Fortnite.