Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Should Halo CE go back to 100 kill limit again?

OP MasterCh1ef87

A Thought crossed my mind with the revisited quit bans now live, should Halo CE 4 vs 4 go back to a 100 kill limit? The biggest complaint with the 100 kill limit was well at least half my team quit why should I have to stay. Well that was before the quit bans were put into the game, with quitting down 50 percent and as of today only the first two quitters on each team will be penalized in a 4 vs 4 playlist why not bump Slayer up to 100? Quitting is down significantly and if by chance half your team quits out and your team is down big time just quit and you won't be penalized and the game will be over so the game takes to long argument is now nullified. Anyone else agree?
No. 100 kills is too much for 4v4, even if everybody stays in the match.
Willko wrote:
The matches go by way to quickly, a 100 kill limit in Halo CE lasts as long as a 50 kill limit in Halo 2 or Halo 3.
Willko wrote:
The matches go by way to quickly, a 100 kill limit in Halo CE lasts as long as a 50 kill limit in Halo 2 or Halo 3.
I agree that 50 kills goes by really quickly in CE. But, 100 always seemed to just drag on. 75 would be a better kill limit. And, now they've patched the game to allow for that kill limit in customs. So, they should use that for matchmaking.

But, if the choices are only between 50 and 100, then my vote definitely goes for 50.
It doesn’t make sense to have 4v4 and 8v8 have the same kill counter. I understand that the maps are larger in 8v8 so it takes longer to the get the kills, but it would just drag on for too long. 2v2 is a very competitive style of play where games can often last between 10-15 minutes. My 4v4 games to 50 usually wrap up in 6-7 minutes. If we could have the perfect balance and say 75 kills, that would work, but I’d rather have a slayer game end sooner rather than dragging along.

Also, I’m not exactly sure the quit bans changing will have much of an impact on this. A lot of players will be oblivious/blind to these changes and you’ll still have matches be 4v2 to 100. Sometimes players have egos and feel like they can win the match with less players on their team so they will play it out. Other times players may not even know that their teammates have quit out.
I actually like 100 kills, but I'm also trying to earn a perfection and I don't think i could live long enough in a 100 kill match lol.
I’d like to see 75 kills as a compromise. I think it should be 100 kills, but to make the game more palatable for the more casual players I think 75 is the perfect balance for MCC.
100 is way too much. If it's going to be increased at all, I would say 75.
The previous 100 limit was actually quite fun. The 50 limit, at times, feels too short but only on certain maps. It doesnt bother me one way or another though.
Should the limit be to 100? Probably. Will it ever go back to 100? Most likely not.
100 kills in 4v4 was quite nice. In 50 kill games, matches are over in like 3-4 minutes. That's just too fast. 100 kill games probably last 9 minutes on average. That's pretty reasonable.

The problem isn't 100 kills causing long games, it's quitters. And the solution to quitters has been join in progress. This game has been out long enough to implement join in progress, so more people need to start asking for it to be implemented.
Back to 100!