Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Should MCC really be worked on at this point?

OP LethalQ

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
There's a good chance it will appear on the Xbox Game Pass, so it might be worth it.
Yes they should continue to work on it.

I think that is all that needs to be said here.
Yes, they should fix it. To be cut and dry, it’s a broken game with tons of current and future potential. They could very well improve MCC for years with updates, add ons, etc. While Halo 6 isn’t terribly far away, you will still get people (like mysef), who want to enjoy and be able to play the games we grew up with. They’ve stated multiple times that the team dealing with MCC is not going to effect Halo 6. If that’s the case, then so be it. Plus, MCC was one of the biggest fails of the video game industry. They can’t ignore that it happened, but they sure can do their best to redeem a game in their name.
For starters, fixing it is pointless at this point. When an admin tells a user "please don't revive a 3 year-old thread, thanks", that should apply to 343i leaving the MCC in the state it's in. The interest is no longer there. Yeah, sure there's still a loyal fan base that will be there until the bitter end, but it's critically waning when compared to 2014.

On the other hand it's an intriguing move from 343i. It's impressive that they're finally diverting parts of their team to focus on reviving the game, alongside the production and development of Halo 6. Also, when considering a possible restructure of the multiplayer suite and potential new stat-tracking, it remains a curiosity.

But I'm still not sold. There's no guarantee that patch will fix anything, let alone succeed unlike any of the prior patches. The only real success that can be taken from this will be weeks after the patch is released, when all the balancing acts remain intact and the fanbase stays locked in. Other than that, the chances of this crashing and burning are inevitably high.
Yes. /thread
I'm afraid I'd have to agree with Mr. LethalQ, too little too late...
But I am glad 343 is trying to finish what they've started, even though they should have made it right on launch.
Watch them attempt to include microtransactions in the MCC with this "patch".
I heard you out.

Yes, MCC should be worked on.
Watch them attempt to include microtransactions in the MCC with this "patch".
Lol
Yes, MCC should be fixed. If they manage to fix the major bugs and connection issues then it will be a nice product. I would love a UI rework though, I think it's got one of the most boring, bland and uninteresting UI's I've ever seen. What happened to the Halo CE, Halo 2 and Halo 3 style UI's that were actually interesting and aesthetically pleasing to look at?

To be honest, I would have been satisfied with just H2A and XB1X enhanced Halo 3 BC that we have now. Anniversary editions made sense for CE and 2 but there's no need for 3 and beyond. Otherwise we'd get stuck in an endless loop of Anniversary games, which is pointless.
Even if players don't come back, it's still good will (even if super late) to stay true to their promise on fixing it. People have dropped halo altogether until this thing is fixed.

as for essentially rebuilding the collection and separating it it: it's just more work. 1st you separate them and then you recode them for its individual self. Or they just import the originals and start from there. Either way it's going to take work. This does take away the aspect of just "going to the menu and changing games" as now you're switching CDs or digital copies but shouldn't be a huge deal. As for 343 updating things and then creating new issues, that's gaming reality cause you're playing with codes. You change one code, you change another in the process even if not intended. Separating the games should still make that part easier however as you don't have 4.5 games worth of coding into one big group.

343 could just abandon this again, but as I said, there are people who will not touch another halo game until it is fixed even if they're good. Furthermore it's good will after making a promise saying you'd fix it in the first place. I wouldn't care if only a few hundred players came back so long as 343 proved they'll keep their promise as maybe that can then translate to other games.
I think its a good idea- I also saw someone suggest after it's release for the game to be on Microsoft game's with gold the following month. I think it would initially bring player counts up and at least give the existing community a reward..unless it's still not working right.
It would be nice if they added a Halo Reach add-on
It would be nice if they added a Halo Reach add-on
Maybe the Reach campaign but not multiplayer. It would spread the playlists even thinner, compete with the original Halo Reach(360), and 343 would probably butcher the customization just like Halo 3 and 4.
Yes. They should fix it, and quite frankly MUST fix it. What I purchased was not what was advertised.

From a marketing standpoint, they released a broken product to the consumer for sale. We spent money on this product, which was broken, and didn't get what we paid for in the end.

I love 343i, but it is their full responsibility to fix the MCC.
HC Lasky wrote:
Yes. They should fix it, and quite frankly MUST fix it. What I purchased was not what was advertised.

From a marketing standpoint, they released a broken product to the consumer for sale. We spent money on this product, which was broken, and didn't get what we paid for in the end.

I love 343i, but it is their full responsibility to fix the MCC.
I paid for the game TWICE, and both times it still wasn't up to the quality they promised at E3.
It's going to take more than quality assurance to assuage the fans. It's going to need 100% accuracy on what they're promising with this final solution.
It absolutely should still be worked on. There are a lot of players who put up with MCC's state because it's the only way to experience Halo CE, 2, and H2A in XBL matchmaking. I've been playing it regularly since launch, and while it has been improved since launch and we got the ODST campaign, MCC was still swept under the rug and mishandled for a long time. They should've addressed the state of the game and tried to make better amends sooner, but I'm still glad they are going to work on it again. Even if it doesn't impact the population much at this point, fixing MCC is a must for those of us who still play the game despite its many flaws.
If it dose not affect halo 6 (it won't) then they should 100% fix MCC
i agree it needs work but it needed it since it came out and now years later their trying to make corrections. Its a great collection and has alot of things i am sure we have been upset with while playing it, but why now would they go fix it when it has been so long since its release?
Yes, it's all I used to play before Halo 5 released. Halo TMCC needs to be revived!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3