Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

[Locked] Should we get map voting in matchmaking.

OP ManifestGamingX

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Hey all.

The current system doesn’t allow us to have a say on what maps we play. And I think a voting system could benefit the community. Something like the reach style where you get 3 maps or none of the above and it gives you a different selection to vote on. Or the classic halo 3 veto system where you either play the map given, or take a chance and see what the second option is. Or even an option to vote on what halo game gets played.

what are your thoughts on this?
No.... It's way better without it. All voting/vetoing does is make you play the popular maps over and over again and when the vote/veto doesn't go the way some want it they dashboard quit to avoid a ban.
I wouldn't mind the veto being brought back. Probably wouldn't have to play sandbox maps as much.
Hell no it was a cool concept but when I was playing matches on launched day everyone picked more Halo 3 maps than halo 1,2, and 4 and it was really annoying.
The MCC originally featured a map vote, and people complained about it quite a bit. I don’t think 343 would’ve just axed it entirely based on posts here, I am sure they investigated some telemetrics and found that map vote really polarizes the selection. I know everyone probably has maps they don’t like, but every map deserves a chance to be played at least every now and then. Map vote kills the variety, I don’t want to play on Guardian for the 4th time in a row.
I think Action Sack on MCC would benefit.

Some of the game types result in quits... Conquest, run for cover, fly high and yap yaps.

husky raid on halo 4 never shows up which was the most played action sack game on halo 4.
It would be nice to be able to turn on/off maps in the match composer but that would probably be extremely hard to make work properly not to mention would probably slow down matchmaking big time.
LethalQ wrote:
No.... It's way better without it. All voting/vetoing does is make you play the popular maps over and over again and when the vote/veto doesn't go the way some want it they dashboard quit to avoid a ban.
With no vote we only get crap maps you want to filter out the crap and get better game and map combos. Like infinity That never got voted for why are we forced to play it
Bobross343 wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
No.... It's way better without it. All voting/vetoing does is make you play the popular maps over and over again and when the vote/veto doesn't go the way some want it they dashboard quit to avoid a ban.
With no vote we only get crap maps you want to filter out the crap and get better game and map combos. Like infinity That never got voted for why are we forced to play it
What is considered "crap" is subjective. Kinda like how they removed death island from CE BTB... I thought it was a great map for BTB but because most seem to think maps need to be smaller I ( and the others who liked it) will never get to play it.
As much as I love OG Reach, I hated playing on Uncaged 16 times in a row -__- so I'm not in support of map voting ever returning and I really don't think it ever will anyway.

I like Lethal's idea though about being able to select maps that you don't want to show up, but to make it so MM times aren't slowed down too much, each person could have one selection per Halo game that they can opt to not have show up. So one for CE, 2, 3 etc. This could also be implemented for Firefight too possibly. You would be able to change it at any time prior to commencing your search, and would at least give the player a little more freedom because most of us usually have that ONE map we can't stand playing on.
LethalQ wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
No.... It's way better without it. All voting/vetoing does is make you play the popular maps over and over again and when the vote/veto doesn't go the way some want it they dashboard quit to avoid a ban.
With no vote we only get crap maps you want to filter out the crap and get better game and map combos. Like infinity That never got voted for why are we forced to play it
What is considered "crap" is subjective. Kinda like how they removed death island from CE BTB... I thought it was a great map for BTB but because most seem to think maps need to be smaller I ( and the others who liked it) will never get to play it.
Death island is in CTF not slayer it’s there
LethalQ wrote:
It would be nice to be able to turn on/off maps in the match composer but that would probably be extremely hard to make work properly not to mention would probably slow down matchmaking big time.
To be honest, I think allowing us to select which map for the composer to pick would probably end up the same result as map voting.
Being able to veto the initial map for another random one is fine in my opinion. Anything what would slow matchmaking is a bad idea really.
Hey all.

The current system doesn’t allow us to have a say on what maps we play. And I think a voting system could benefit the community. Something like the reach style where you get 3 maps or none of the above and it gives you a different selection to vote on. Or the classic halo 3 veto system where you either play the map given, or take a chance and see what the second option is. Or even an option to vote on what halo game gets played.

what are your thoughts on this?
Why do people keep asking about this? No. The system was terrible cuz all people would do is pick their favourite maps until the heat death of the universe.
Map voting? Idk about that but I don't see why we don't have the old veto map. I'm tired of playing the same old maps over and over again, it's supposed to be random but doesn't feel like it. Instead of map voting just have the veto system. Don't like the chosen map, do a veto vote. If it passes you play on a different random map. Me and some friends played Halo 3 last night all night and never once got good maps like the pit or guardian or last resort. I just wanted to play those maps at least once, instead we got like the same 4 maps over and over.
I prefer skip option for one time in matchmaking.
Yes i'd love it but I don't see it happening tbh
Mr Skotto wrote:
I think Action Sack on MCC would benefit.

Some of the game types result in quits... Conquest, run for cover, fly high and yap yaps.

husky raid on halo 4 never shows up which was the most played action sack game on halo 4.
hate that mode but i also don't think map voting would even work for the composer since everyone has different games on, it would be like 2 maps of the same game most of the time
I would love to see the return of the Veto system, not sure why it hasn't ever been referenced or acknowledged by 343. IMO it's the best solution, giving players the choice to skip a map or gametype by majority vote, but it's still essentially random, and doesn't give players a chance to game the voting system.
Map voting, no. Map Veto as OG H3 had, yes.

For those who may not know or remember the game would pick a map/gametype & everyone in the lobby had a chance to veto it. If vetoed, a different map/gametype combo would be selected at random but you wouldn't know what it would be until the previous choice got vetoed. It would be a somewhat better way of hopefully getting maps the majority of players in that particular lobby would want. Or, at the very least, it would be a way to avoid being forced to play on awful maps like Sandbox. Yes, I know that there would still be AFKers, dash-quitters, griefers, etc. because that player didn't get the map they wanted but it would at least give a chance at getting something better.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2