1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
343i, Please, PLEASE add either a "Local only" search filter, just like in H3 and REACH. Or please, let us choose which data centre we want to connect to. This would add to the longevity of this game for quite a while. Who enjoy's a high ping? Especially in halo? I don't see it being too hard to do, and this way, we can perform our own "region lock" And improve our quality of gameplay. I LOVE infection, but being in Australia and ALWAYS connecting to west U.S servers really kills the fun of it. Let alone all other modes.
I second this, we should be able to choose the server we play on. I've lost track of how many people I recognise from European servers that I see in NA servers. I had to quit out of multiple games last night because I was getting rubber banded.
Servers we can choose is all I want right now. Sure, Reach would be great but I'd prefer good connection.
I definitely support this; I always put it in my improvements/suggestions list in the MCC Feedback thread. Hopefully they'll change the way servers currently act and let us choose them or force playing on local datacenters.

I recommend you to watch this thread which is the main one for connection and server related issues: "Let us choose our servers" - By Darth Nint
As a fellow Australian, I agree, I love Halo, but not having our own Server & being places in US West or in my case I get put in East US
343i, Please, PLEASE add either a "Local only" search filter, just like in H3 and REACH. Or please, let us choose which data centre we want to connect to. This would add to the longevity of this game for quite a while. Who enjoy's a high ping? Especially in halo? I don't see it being too hard to do, and this way, we can perform our own "region lock" And improve our quality of gameplay. I LOVE infection, but being in Australia and ALWAYS connecting to west U.S servers really kills the fun of it. Let alone all other modes.
Try setting your Xbox display resolution to 720P. This lessons the quality of the graphics but I find it stops the lag. I host a lot and was very frustrated with the lag until I discovered lowering the resolution did wonders for me. I don't mind the less detail, I rather have smoother game play! Also if you want new custom maps, go to my file share. I build new maps every week and I like sharing them with other hosts and streamer! My latest maps are going to feel more like a campaign with advanced scripting that moves the gameplay into multiple map areas. These maps are coming soon. Also I create a huge out of bounds Capture the flag map called Road Warrior CTF. It plays like no other halo map. It is terrifying and heart pounding excitement! Team play and cooperation is required on this map for the most fun!
343 tried region lock during the first major MCC update last year. It didn't go very well.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Yes, I second this. After 12 years I'm thinking about quitting the game, because I'm done with unfair game experiences. It just isn't fun anymore. I'm not done with the game, I'm done with the current state of the game. A year ago they did their last big update, and I don't have my hopes up for the next big update coming soon.
De Lullo wrote:
Yes, I second this. After 12 years I'm thinking about quitting the game, because I'm done with unfair game experiences. It just isn't fun anymore. I'm not done with the game, I'm done with the current state of the game. A year ago they did their last big update, and I don't have my hopes up for the next big update coming soon.
Don't quit, join my game nights for custom fun! I build new maps every week to keep things fun! My latest maps have 18 wheeler wrecks. Big rig madness! Linear infection with advanced scripting! I have new and very exciting ideas in development! Coming soon is a Invade Area 51 map, a infected oil refinery map with explosions and lots of falling objects and a subway terminal. I also have a High patrol map in development, infected on mongoose try to pull over and stop players on warthogs. This map will have a vast highway system that takes five minutes to drive end to end.
Legitsky wrote:
343 tried region lock during the first major MCC update last year. It didn't go very well.
I feel like this fact is lost on a lot of people.
omarlotrc wrote:
Legitsky wrote:
They did it with Halo 5 as well initially, if I remember correctly.

Though, I have to say, there's multiple factors on why that failed especially with MCC's broken launch, and the community's reaction to 343's long, overdue response for an actual fix that left a lot of them to not return for a very long time.
omarlotrc wrote:
Legitsky wrote:
They did it with Halo 5 as well initially, if I remember correctly.

Though, I have to say, there's multiple factors on why that failed especially with MCC's broken launch, and the community's reaction to 343's long, overdue response for an actual fix that left a lot of them to not return for a very long time.
I think giving people the option to choose their own servers is better than forcing them to play within their own region.
Budo Dan76 wrote:
Legitsky wrote:
Here in lies the problem.

If these clowns had region locked or let us region lock ourselves when this and halo 5 released and the populations were high. Then I am positive that the player bleed would have been less and matchmaking times would have stayed low.

But in their infinite stupidity and pure stubbornness they wanted to prioritize low matchmaking time over everything, lots of people left. So when they did implement it, it was too late.

Their know better than everyone else attitude stinks
Exactly, the damage was already done by that point.
The only people left playing in AU were people that didn't care about lag, no wonder they popped a vein when they suddenly couldn't play ( this is fair enough tbh).
Also, the most fun I had on MCC was during that period because the matches were damn good.

It should work like this:
FROM RELEASE (This is important). The ability to choose your preferred server, with the option being tucked away in the settings to and it defaulted to your lowest ping server - like every other successful game does it.
Casual players would never touch it and would enjoy low ping games, those who REALLY value low search times can play on the US servers if they wish. Because it happens from the start, the population of available players on the AU servers never sees the mass exodus.
Good Aussie teams stomping in matchmaking is an issue but one that should be separate from the QUALITY of the connection we get to receive while playing in my opinion. There are other ways to avoid having a few good teams drive away lots of casual with pubstomping without sacrificing connection quality for literally everyone in the region.
omarlotrc wrote:
Legitsky wrote:
Yeah. Region lock isn't quite the perfect solution to these issues.
Budo Dan76 wrote:
Legitsky wrote:

If these clowns had region locked or let us region lock ourselves when this and halo 5 released and the populations were high. Then I am positive that the player bleed would have been less and matchmaking times would have stayed low.

But in their infinite stupidity and pure stubbornness they wanted to prioritize low matchmaking time over everything, lots of people left. So when they did implement it, it was too late.

Fair points my man.
i have connection issues on US West as well. i feel you there
Thorulfr wrote:
Budo Dan76 wrote:
Legitsky wrote:

Exactly, the damage was already done by that point.
The only people left playing in AU were people that didn't care about lag, no wonder they popped a vein when they suddenly couldn't play ( this is fair enough tbh).
Also, the most fun I had on MCC was during that period because the matches were damn good.

It should work like this:
FROM RELEASE (This is important). The ability to choose your preferred server, with the option being tucked away in the settings to and it defaulted to your lowest ping server - like every other successful game does it.
Casual players would never touch it and would enjoy low ping games, those who REALLY value low search times can play on the US servers if they wish. Because it happens from the start, the population of available players on the AU servers never sees the mass exodus.
Good Aussie teams stomping in matchmaking is an issue but one that should be separate from the QUALITY of the connection we get to receive while playing in my opinion. There are other ways to avoid having a few good teams drive away lots of casual with pubstomping without sacrificing connection quality for literally everyone in the region.
We should definitely get some choice in that regard. Rocket League does this by allowing you to choose which servers you want to connect to.

I believe 343i mentioned on Twitter that they are looking at ways to make things easier for folks outside the US.
I’ve been noticing a bit more lag than usual, player dependent, I play FFA and there’s occasionally 1 or 2 players who lag all over the place but everyone else in the match is fine
I’ve been noticing a bit more lag than usual, player dependent, I play FFA and there’s occasionally 1 or 2 players who lag all over the place but everyone else in the match is fine
Those are probably people like me who have super high ping to American servers. :(
omarlotrc wrote:
Those are probably people like me who have super high ping to American servers. :(
And people like me who are in America but have slow internet. I was playing custom games with a couple of guys, playing the OG Halo 4. They said I was teleporting around the map even though I didn’t notice anything.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2