[Locked] Skill gaps make people leave Halo

OP Mihael Langley

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
so why do some of you treat it as if it was a good thing? its it an ego, elitist pride deal?

Lets face it, its just a video game, we don't make money off of it, wouldn't it be better if more people could have fun with it instead of having matches where people just quit because its overwhelming? the whole point of MP is to play with other people, have fun with them. In most of MCC matches players from the loosing team quit in rage, possibly to play some other game that doesnt cause them as much distress. In the end Halo community lacks diversity and its consisted of nerds who do nothing else in their lives but to play Halo, because many good players who just want to have some fun... leave.
The reason why everyone is probably leaving is because of the glitch where if you turn off your internet you'll rank up. The other reason would be in H2C people are quiting out of 5v5 so 343 will fix it(4v4 only). When you load lockout it actually says 4-8 players not 5-10 players. Most of the maps have messed up spawns due to the extra 2 players. Matchmaking still needs a lot of work. I still have to quit the game sometimes.
Rage quitting happens in every game buddy. There will always be people out there better than you. Actually the only way to get better, is to play against people better than yourself.
The matchmaking could be better but I have quit more matches due to uneven teams then due to being outplayed. I don't see a real lot of highly skilled players in Halo mm anymore. Not as much as there use to be.
Competitive gaming in Halo is dead, what are you complaining about? It's only been about making noobs as good as pros since reach/4. I used to have clan practice in Halo 3 to try and close the gap between myself and the pros. It KEPT me playing, didn't make me leave.
Some of us enjoy challenges and the rewards from becoming better. I'd take my deep rewards over your shallow rewards any day.

Not because I am or think I am better than you, but because I want to BE better myself.
P2P is a good reason for quit sometimes.. not easy play a game when you are shooting cereals and water nades. More reasons? Skill gap, not brs, brs on, objetives for some idiots, 5vs2 etc... is a broken game a lot of people is kicked out of game. Are a lot of things
Dude you must hate competition. First your thread about how smg starts are way better than BR. Now this one stating skill gaps ruin halo. I'm sorry but you need to go back to whatever fantasy land you came from and play a different game. Halo has always been about that skill gap. From your mom's basement playing CE to the MLG main stage. That skill gap is what halo is at its core, without it it would be just another shooter making sequels every year.
ya not sure i agree on OP
so why do some of you treat it as if it was a good thing? its it an ego, elitist pride deal?

Lets face it, its just a video game, we don't make money off of it, wouldn't it be better if more people could have fun with it instead of having matches where people just quit because its overwhelming? the whole point of MP is to play with other people, have fun with them. In most of MCC matches players from the loosing team quit in rage, possibly to play some other game that doesnt cause them as much distress. In the end Halo community lacks diversity and its consisted of nerds who do nothing else in their lives but to play Halo, because many good players who just want to have some fun... leave.
and then make them go to games with skillgaps like counterstrike, starcraft, dota and lol
If you're just playing for fun why do you care if you lose? Why are you stressing out when you're losing? It sounds to me you just want wins handed to you on a silver platter, without having to put in any of the work to get good.

Every game in history has a winner and a loser. If your ego is so large that you rage when you lose, as if you think you're entitled to a win, then the problem is you and not the game or the the other players.

Lets face it, its just a video game, we don't make money off of it...
To some, it's more than just a video game and they do make money off it. But not everyone can be at their level, resulting in bruised egos, injured pride and simple envy. I'm not saying I disagree with you since I personally think video gaming should not be considered more competitive than real sports that involve athleticism beyond good eye-thumb twitch reflexes, but elements of the video game industry and other outside parties looking to make money off this have somehow created this competitive gaming phenomenon.

It'll all burst eventually, of course. Such fads always do. Unless you're in Korea of course. Or if advancements in VR technology are such that things are taken to the next level where you're actively competing, full body and soul, in virtual battlefields. But right now, deeming championships involving console shooters, RTS or MOBAs as bonafide "competition" with leagues and all is simply laughable, IMO.

That said, last night I hopped into Halo 3 and got my @$$ handed to me repeatedly. I was never that good at it but Reach and H4 severely ruined my reflexes and skill therein. I might actually want to keep trying and get better, but I'm not making a big deal out of it either.
Get rid of the first place trophy and everyone will get second place and all will be great! Do get caught up on winning all the time otherwise life is a big disappointment, play well. There are always people better than you, figure out your play style and realistic goals in gameplay. Don't set yourself up for failure just enjoy a great game.
I had a fun game and I went negative 15 because I was able to kill the leader once or I got rockets and blew some people to next Tuesday.
I had a fun game and I went negative 15 because I was able to kill the leader once or I got rockets and blew some people to next Tuesday.
I love ruining the day of a player or team better than me. Even when it was 8v4 because our team quit, last round of 1 flag. If I can score/stop them scoring, kill that damn sniper hiding all game. I don't care, I'm going down but I'm going down fighting.
I enjoy playing a game where I have the chance to face challenging opponents, where I have to not only use my hand eye coordination but also my mind and teamwork to come out on top. I wouldn't play the game at all if the skill gap was nonexistent. Without a skill gap the game would just devolve into a bunch of idiots mindlessly running toward each other firing SMGs and giggling. That seems boring as hell.
J0MBI wrote:
Dude you must hate competition. First your thread about how smg starts are way better than BR. Now this one stating skill gaps ruin halo. I'm sorry but you need to go back to whatever fantasy land you came from and play a different game. Halo has always been about that skill gap. From your mom's basement playing CE to the MLG main stage. That skill gap is what halo is at its core, without it it would be just another shooter making sequels every year.
every year? I wonder what franchise that is??

op doesn't like to lose, that's all
b12ickt0p wrote:
J0MBI wrote:

every year? I wonder what franchise that is??

op doesn't like to lose, that's all
Trying to be subtle ;) lol

Lets face it, its just a video game, we don't make money off of it...

To some, it's more than just a video game and they do make money off it. But not everyone can be at their level, resulting in bruised egos, injured pride and simple envy. I'm not saying I disagree with you since I personally think video gaming should not be considered more competitive than real sports that involve athleticism beyond good eye-thumb twitch reflexes, but elements of the video game industry and other outside parties looking to make money off this have somehow created this competitive gaming phenomenon.

It'll all burst eventually, of course. Such fads always do. Unless you're in Korea of course. Or if advancements in VR technology are such that things are taken to the next level where you're actively competing, full body and soul, in virtual battlefields. But right now, deeming championships involving console shooters, RTS or MOBAs as bonafide "competition" with leagues and all is simply laughable, IMO.

That said, last night I hopped into Halo 3 and got my @$$ handed to me repeatedly. I was never that good at it but Reach and H4 severely ruined my reflexes and skill therein. I might actually want to keep trying and get better, but I'm not making a big deal out of it either.
Watching the gaming industry grow to where it's now and seeing the competitive scene grow with MLG and now many other esports, I do not think is is just a fad. The competitive scene will probably develop even more that we can imagine. When athletic sports were introduced I bet you people thought the same thing, oh this is just a fad. But now professional athletes are making a boat load of money just based on their athletic skills. I'm not saying that professional gamers are going to make what these athletes make, but I believe that the gaming competitive scene is only going to grow and become even bigger than what it is now.

P.S. This OP is a thread troll. I've seen many posts that are trying to make people flame.
I have fun playing in a competitive enviroment, as do millions of others, so no.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9