Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] Skulls for Legendary Speedruns?

OP OldManKrogan

I can't seem to find anything concrete on this topic, so I figured I'd make a thread here and ask you guys. I suck at speedruns. If there's something that can go wrong during a speedrun, you can bet it will go wrong during mine - over and over. So I'm wondering:

Are you allowed to use the "helpful" skulls to get the Legendary Speedrun achievements? I was wondering if I could use some of thenon-scoringl skulls like Bandana, Envy, and maybe Scarab. I don't want to run the whole campaign in under 3 hours using those skulls, only to find out that I wasted my time if it turns out that they do block the achievements.

Thanks in advance.
I think most of the skulls with 0.00x block some of the achievements in my opinion I won't use it just in case :)
If it says x0 then it will negate time and scoring.
Skulls end up hurting speed runs from my trials.
Any skull with a 0.00x multiplier will negate any time you get on a mission. If you are going to speed run, watch Nak3d Eli's MCC speedrun guide. Also no skull is really helpful to speedrunning most tend to screw you over, like boom or grunt funeral.
The skulls can change the experience each level. I suggest playing around to see which ones help you the most (or hurt you)

I like grunt funeral & boom combo for shooting groups of grunts & elites. Helps take out large groups quick.

Boom & sputnik can make levels with rockets extremely effective too

Sputnik can help you with grenade jumps if you are not good at them. Just be careful, as you can get splattered by flying boxes very easy!
The skulls can change the experience each level. I suggest playing around to see which ones help you the most (or hurt you)

I like grunt funeral & boom combo for shooting groups of grunts & elites. Helps take out large groups quick.

Boom & sputnik can make levels with rockets extremely effective too

Sputnik can help you with grenade jumps if you are not good at them. Just be careful, as you can get splattered by flying boxes very easy!
Please don't revive old topics thanks