1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
If you are searching in a social playlist do you prefer SMG/AR or BR starts?

I personally would like BR starts always. The smg and assault rifle don’t feel very good to start with and are not very enjoyable to use. But when you start with a BR that feels like halo.
Depends. I don't mind AR starts in CE on smaller maps like Rat Race. The BR makes maps smaller, so I'm more okay with it being the default weapon in a casual playlist on a large map (basically, BTB).
Jestzer wrote:
Depends. I don't mind AR starts in CE on smaller maps like Rat Race. The BR makes maps smaller, so I'm more okay with it being the default weapon in a casual playlist on a large map (basically, BTB).
I mean with CE you always have a pistol so it's kinda like H5 in that way.

For me, the big thing is having a precision weapon. If that's a BR? Cool. Magnum? Great. Carbine? Sure. I just don't want to have to always be getting in shoot-melee battles every freaking gunfight.
My preferred starting loadout for each MCC title:

CE: Pistol/AR
H2C: BR/SMG
H2A: BR/AR
H3: BR/AR
H4: BR/AR
BR starts always just because I hate spawning and then getting caught and dying purely because the other person had range. Seems more balanced to me spawning already able to defend against more then close range.
BR by far, I enjoy it and have more fun then some good old AR pray and spray!
Both, I am good enough to be proficient with either and any starting weapon 🙂
I have four Platinum packs... If we match in a game send me a quick message in game saying I see you or something (so I can verify we did match) and a friend request so I can gift you a pack. You don't have to keep me as a "friend" as I am a solo player.
Usually AR on Halo 3. I've played 3 games since the update dropped and have only gotten Team Slayer BR. I'm hoping they have regular assault rifle starts still. And I wish we still had voting, or veto at the least.
Rawrz wrote:
BR starts always just because I hate spawning and then getting caught and dying purely because the other person had range. Seems more balanced to me spawning already able to defend against more then close range.
This. Some maps are completely won by whoever gets BRs first.
BR spawns for anything but h1(pistol). Games balanced around BRs. Smg or ar spawns I’m 2 or 3 are miserable lopsided games. First team to BRs auto wins that’s not skill based
In social I want both... Heck in ranked I want both .. I dont understand why so many want Halo being a one gun game. A real Spartan can be efficient with any weapon.
I have four Platinum packs... If we match in a game send me a quick message in game saying I see you or something (so I can verify we did match) and a friend request so I can gift you a pack. You don't have to keep me as a "friend" as I am a solo player.
LethalQ wrote:
In social I want both... Heck in ranked I want both .. I dont understand why so many want Halo being a one gun game. A real Spartan can be efficient with any weapon.
Smgs are crap in h2 and the AR is a good secondary weapon at best. Not worth a primary.
AR starts preferably and SMG's second hands down, I've never liked BR starts and I'm good with the BR. I find it brings more balance and fun to the game with AR starts. With BR starts you always get people camping at the other side of the map trying to pick people off, or if you get lets say MLG BR God Tryhard27 or the Holy BR Squad on the other team, well good luck killing them because you'll be dropped before you even realize what happened. Where I find if there is AR starts you would have more of a chance. You also have to find the other weapons to give you that edge over the other team and until then everyone almost has to get up close and personal. As for if someone lets say picks up the BR in AR starts and starts decimating the other team, there are usually more than one BR's on the map to compete with the other team. Also lets not forget about those handy dandy power weapons. Also power weapon hoarding, including the battle rifle, is just an annoying fact of the game that some teams do and it's annoying but there isn't really a way around it other than just getting the weapons first and shutting them down.

I like the BR it's one of my favourite guns, but I find BR start only works well if it's BTB because the maps are big enough to handle the BR spam so you don't always get shot at from across the map (not nearly as bad anyways).
Im usually fine with either but i prefer the BR. Only issue i see with AR/SMG starts is that once a proficient person finds a BR, theyll wreak havoc in the game for awhile while the others are scrounging around for their own battle rifle :(
Starting without a BR is really only a problem in Halo 3, because the Halo 3 pistol and Assault rifle are the worst weapons ever created in Halo. In Halo 2, quickly finding a second weapon to dual-wield isn't a problem. In Halo CE and Halo 4, the pistol is more than capable. Halo 3 is just a joke without BR starts, especially once another team has map control. Good luck.
If you are searching in a social playlist do you prefer SMG/AR or BR starts?

I personally would like BR starts always. The smg and assault rifle don’t feel very good to start with and are not very enjoyable to use. But when you start with a BR that feels like halo.
Personally, I prefer having a distance weapon and a close range weapon for versatility. Having an AR/BR start is pretty good, as is the SMG/BR in Halo 2. In Halo 3, an SMG/BR or AR/BR start both work equally in my own opinion. Conversely, if someone were to ever do an SMG/CC (Covenant Carbine) start, that would work too, or an AR/CC start, or even a PR/CC start. I don't think I've ever seen a CC start anywhere though, outside of custom games anyway, although another good start would be PR/BR, at least in my opinion.

Basically, versatility is the key component.
I think Starting with a close and long range weapon changes the game, and reduces the focus on the weapons on the map. In Halo 3, the default is just ARs. So you try to go for the BR spawns to get an advantage.

I wish that we could put a scope on an assault rifle, and use that as the starting weapon. Then you don't feel defenseless from far away opponents, but it still rewards people for going out and finding superior weapons.

With what we have though, I think BR/AR is best though.
BR starts 98% of the time outside of BTB, which of course should always be a BR.
I prefer BR starts but will happily play AR starts on appropriate maps. I hate SMG starts with a passion tho.
SMG starts are kind of annoying, but they can be rectified by starting with BR/SMG as you can take people out both long range and short range (if you're good at the shoot-melee combo with the SMG). I prefer BR starts in Halo 2, but I never liked the Halo 3 BR and thus prefer AR starts in Halo 3
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2