OP Mihael Langley

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 33
Um...BR starts are fine. I think a lot of people are too used to or started with Reach and H4 and used the DMR too much sometimes (no offense). BR is the weapon of choice for pretty much any long time Halo player. The only problem I see really when people complain about BR starts is that they just don't understand how to play with it competently. When I first started I got killed a lot by BRs because I'd just run in with full auto weapons all the time. Eventually I decided to try using it for once instead of charging to my death over and over like a berserk Brute. Now it's all I ever use, right next to the sniper, magnum (not in Halo 2 though), and the sword. Sometimes I use a shotgun, but I just don't like using it outside of infection, and the Halo 2 shotty reloads a little too slow for me.
Done DL wrote:
After a certain skill level you will favor BR starts.

The point is when you're facing players at level where one they've achieved weapon/map control it's an extreme uphill battle to gain back control with SMG start. So of course if you're not at that level you've never experienced that and wont understand how helpless you are without BR start.

So you're arguing against skill gaps? lets get one thing straight, every map has normally 2 BR's scattered around for each team to grab, a team doesn't simply get their hands on a BR while the other sits idly by. There are moments in these matches where no one has a BR, there are moments when 2 people have. Its never enough to sway the tide in any direction.
Most of these guys have nightmares about the times they failed to get a BR and lost badly.
Done DL wrote:

The point is when you're facing players at level where one they've achieved weapon/map control it's an extreme uphill battle to gain back control with SMG start. So of course if you're not at that level you've never experienced that and wont understand how helpless you are without BR start.

So you're arguing against skill gaps? lets get one thing straight, every map has normally 2 BR's scattered around for each team to grab, a team doesn't simply get their hands on a BR while the other sits idly by. There are moments in these matches where no one has a BR, there are moments when 2 people have. Its never enough to sway the tide in any direction.
Yeah, and it's very easy for a team to acquire both BRs in a lot of those maps.
Take midship for example, if a team acquires both BRs (and the Carbine), it's pretty much game over since they just sit up high with height advantage and SMGs won't do anything. The other power weapons - shotgun/sword, are also both close range weapons and you won't be able to get close enough to use them.
Classic Bk cant use BR
Done DL wrote:

The point is when you're facing players at level where once they've achieved weapon/map control it's an extreme uphill battle to gain back control with SMG start. So of course if you're not at that level you've never experienced that and wont understand how helpless you are without BR start.
wow you couldn't be more off
Quote:
The Ownage wrote:

I'm sorry, but I can't take arguments for no-BR starts seriously from someone with a sub-1.0 K/D in Halo. You are not a good player

Lol seriously? Let me tell you about KD ratios in Halo... if you play objective modes well you will get negative ratios all the time specially when you're swimming against the tide. I've been down to as much as -32 deaths on CTF because i was the only guy going after the flag, and i captured it twice and my team won the match, i was MVP. With -32 of KD ratio.

Everything you say points to the possibility that you're new to Halo, you're used to CoD or similar shooters where there is no fighting for power weapons and KD is the most important stat.
That just proves to me that you have no idea how to play objective games. With every post you make, I'm left scratching my head why Bungie/343 listen to idiots like you.
Done DL wrote:
Done DL wrote:

Take midship for example, if a team acquires both BRs (and the Carbine), it's pretty much game over since they just sit up high with height advantage and SMGs won't do anything. The other power weapons - shotgun/sword, are also both close range weapons and you won't be able to get close enough to use them.
ya because that means the other team can't use the sword or rockets or snipe or throw gernades and flank...should I go on?
Done DL wrote:

The point is when you're facing players at level where once they've achieved weapon/map control it's an extreme uphill battle to gain back control with SMG start. So of course if you're not at that level you've never experienced that and wont understand how helpless you are without BR start.

I haven't once met a good player that would prefer SMG start over BR tbh. Instead of just saying I'm off, maybe you can back up your argument with some detail?
Done DL wrote:
Done DL wrote:

ya because that means the other team can't use the sword or rockets or snipe or throw gernades and flank...should I go on?
You know when I gave the example on midship, that means rockets/snipes aren't on the map, and I've explained sword is short range. You can't flank on midship when the enemy team controls all the height. Nades are you only chance if you plan to get a lucky stick, which isn't going to shift the tide of battle unless you get the whole team or something.
Done DL wrote:
Done DL wrote:
Done DL wrote:

You know when I gave the example on midship, that means rockets/snipes aren't on the map, and I've explained sword is short range. You can't flank on midship when the enemy team controls all the height. Nades are you only chance if you plan to get a lucky stick, which isn't going to shift the tide of battle unless you get the whole team or something.
saying you can't flank when someone has the high ground...jesus you can tell you haven't played halo 2 that much..
Done DL wrote:
Done DL wrote:

I haven't once met a good player that would prefer SMG start over BR tbh. Instead of just saying I'm off, maybe you can back up your argument with some detail?
it has nothing to do with skill when it comes to preference..all i want is some more variety or dedicated playlists so I can pick one or the other, not be restricted to the same type over and over
Done DL wrote:
Done DL wrote:
Done DL wrote:

saying you can't flank when someone has the high ground...jesus you can tell you haven't played halo 2 that much..
Dude, are you aware of the map?

You place 2 people on pink-3 (the side with the long ramps), 1 person on mid platform, 1 person above carbine. Please tell me how you're supposed to flank that when they control all the BRs/Carbine.

You see, SMG supporters can just say "just get the other power weapons/flank", when I'm actually providing concrete examples how you can't do that.
This is why you see so many competitive tournaments with SMG/AR. *face palm*
I like variety. Can't we just have both? I also wouldn't mind CC starts for a change.
J0MBI wrote:
This is why you see so many competitive tournaments with SMG/AR. *face palm*
Pretty much this. If the best players in the game deem it's the most fair to start with BR starts, why wouldn't you believe them? You think you know something they don't? And this isn't just an appeal to authority type of argument, but rather a "do you actually have the experience/skill to know what you're talking about" one. If SMG starts were fine then of course they'd just default with that instead of trying to change the game around.
Jesus Christ...

GO PLAY CUSTOM GAMES.

matchmaking, especially ranked is suppose to be competitive. At a high skill level the game is decided within the first couple of minutes with SMG starts.

BR starts give you a level playing field no matter what, SMG starts don't.

im sorry you want to run around like a chicken with its head cut off dual wielding, or that you suck at BR starts and think SMG starts are better.

Halo2/3 have always been about the battle rifle, get good at using it.
or you can get some other pro SMG start guys and play customs.

Leave matchmaking to the big boys who know how this game works.
I like variety. Can't we just have both? I also wouldn't mind CC starts for a change.
We do have both, but these smg nazis want everything to be smg start.
Honestly, if they just gave us a BR primary and an AR/SMG secondary, everyone would be happy.

Of course, if full auto users begin complaining that BR's are dominating them when they try using their full auto, it isn't the game's fault at that point. Either they're not using that full auto correctly at its intended range, or they're exposing themselves to enemy BR's at ranges they can't compete with. It is possible for full autos to beat BR's in certain situations, but only if the user is smart about it.
smg starts are awful.

if you lose that opening rush for a br you are pretty much done for on most maps. god forbid a sword is available on the map and if it is that guy is gonna go at least 10 and 0 with it if hes not terrible or doesnt get stuck on a lucky plasma as he drives his sword through the guys guts since smgs are so bad.

why do people hate spawning with competent weapons? how is it more fun to spawn almost completely defenseless?

if you have two people with precision weapons on high ground it will be utter domination with no real way of fighting back as you cant even get close enough to hurt them unless again you get a lucky stick.

smg starts really boil down to luck if you ask me.

let me ask you this....how often do see a miraculous comeback in an smg start gametype? not very often. br starts though? all the time. know why that is? smgs are worthless compared to almost every other weapon on the map. one good sweep at the beginning decides the game in a lot of cases.
The funny thing is Bungie actually admitted smg starts were a bad idea
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 33