3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 33
Jesus Christ...

GO PLAY CUSTOM GAMES.

matchmaking, especially ranked is suppose to be competitive. At a high skill level the game is decided within the first couple of minutes with SMG starts.

BR starts give you a level playing field no matter what, SMG starts don't.

im sorry you want to run around like a chicken with its head cut off dual wielding, or that you suck at BR starts and think SMG starts are better.

Halo2/3 have always been about the battle rifle, get good at using it.
or you can get some other pro SMG start guys and play customs.

Leave matchmaking to the big boys who know how this game works.
My definition of competitive: Fighting for power weapons, unpredictability, skill gaps, arena gameplay

Your definition of competitive: Camping, no close quarters confrontation, cover shooting, safe gameplay

Seems like you don't know what Halo is about. No one sucks with a BR, since its the most powerful tier 2 weapon in Halo. the problem here is when you start with a BR you have no reason to fight for dominance of better weapons, which is the soul of any Halo game. Halo isn't about lack of sprint, its about Arena gameplay.
I like variety. Can't we just have both? I also wouldn't mind CC starts for a change.

We do have both, but these smg nazis want everything to be smg start.
This, everytime I have seen regular slayer and team brs come up team BRs always wins. These guys want team BRs to come up less.

There is a reason why Team BRs wins voting 9/10 times. There is a reason why people who are pro SMG starts are a minority.

SMG starts suck, BR starts don't.
xXBarthXx wrote:
The funny thing is Bungie actually admitted smg starts were a bad idea
but these other people clearly know more then they do so we should keep smgs starts

/sarcasm
xXBarthXx wrote:
The funny thing is Bungie actually admitted smg starts were a bad idea
Bungie also brought sprint, armor abilities and loadouts into Halo. But hey if they did it then it must absolutely be the right thing to do.
Jesus Christ...

GO PLAY CUSTOM GAMES.

matchmaking, especially ranked is suppose to be competitive. At a high skill level the game is decided within the first couple of minutes with SMG starts.

im sorry you want to run around like a chicken with its head cut off dual wielding, or that you suck at BR starts and think SMG starts are better.

My definition of competitive: Fighting for power weapons, unpredictability, skill gaps, arena gameplay

Your definition of competitive: Camping, no close quarters confrontation, cover shooting, safe gameplay

Seems like you don't know what Halo is about. No one sucks with a BR, since its the most powerful tier 2 weapon in Halo. the problem here is when you start with a BR you have no reason to fight for dominance of better weapons, which is the soul of any Halo game. Halo isn't about lack of sprint, or no loadouts, its about Arena gameplay.
You know when good teams/players play, if it's SMG starts the first time a team fully wins a battle the game is basically over right? Since they will completely acquire all the power weapons after that battle, and it's an extreme uphill struggle to bring it back into your favor.

You can argue like that other guy "just flank!!11, use grenades!!", but if we're talking about good teams/players, I'm pretty sure just trying to flank with only smgs/grenades against a team with solid map/weapon control isn't as easy as it sounds.
DcIhNaGv3z wrote:
People camp harder with SMG start, especially after a team has secured power weapons. Most players wont risk giving up their Rocket & Sniper, or the precious few BRs that spawn on map. Especially because their opponents are easy pickings with worthless SMGs. Most SMG start are determined in the first minute. The team that wins the opening weapon battle gets to dominate.

BR start is an action packed FPS, where everyone is trying to maintain line of sight control and flank their opponent. Power weapons are still critical to success, but just like in Halo CE, they do not dictate who wins. Rather, they are additive elements which can tip the game in your favor. A BR start allows every player to engage in meaningful combat for the duration of the entire game.

umm no...what game are you playing? OP is correct. I love the original formula and that excitement trying to go get a power weapon. always playing with BR is extremely boring
the problem with that is, everyone has already figured out the tweaks and weaknesses of each map, and it becomes much more lopsided once you secure power weapon locations

That just proves to me that you have no idea how to play objective games. With every post you make, I'm left scratching my head why Bungie/343 listen to idiots like you.
Let me tell you what its like to play Objective in Halo nowadays, its me and some sad other guy going after the objectives while everyone else is farming kills not giving a rats -Yoink- about the team.

There are times where i see team mates passing by out flag and not even bothering to recover it. So don't you -Yoinking!- dare to question my effort in Objective modes since most of the times im the only one going for it.
Jesus Christ...

GO PLAY CUSTOM GAMES.

Seems like you don't know what Halo is about. No one sucks with a BR, since its the most powerful tier 2 weapon in Halo. the problem here is when you start with a BR you have no reason to fight for dominance of better weapons, which is the soul of any Halo game. Halo isn't about lack of sprint, or no loadouts, its about Arena gameplay.
You really have no idea how to play with a BR do you? Your so called "camping" is actually referred to as map control. A team with map control will defend an area with or close to power weapons. Nullifying your argument for not needing better weapons, because 1. They need them for faster kills and 2. Most people want power weapons so it is a high traffic area allowing for exciting multi kills. The BR allows setups to be possible where as smg/AR's will not.
. There is a reason why people who are pro SMG starts are a minority.

Of course there is, starting with a BR makes everything easier, you don't have to look for weapons on the map anymore! Most gamers will pick BR starts because its simpler and saves them the hard work, its the vets who love the Halo aspect of Halo.
Jesus Christ...

GO PLAY CUSTOM GAMES.

Seems like you don't know what Halo is about. No one sucks with a BR, since its the most powerful tier 2 weapon in Halo. the problem here is when you start with a BR you have no reason to fight for dominance of better weapons, which is the soul of any Halo game. Halo isn't about lack of sprint, its about Arena gameplay.
I'm convinced you are either a troll, or have extemely limited brain functionality going on.

No one can suck with a BR, okay explain why I can out BR people?
No close quarter combat? Most people get a secondary whether it be a sword, shotgun, sniper, rockets, two of those weapons are CC weapons.

camping? My expierence in halo is with SMG starts, as soon as people get power weapons they camp, and I Would bet money I have more time invested in this series than you.

Once again, it is you that has no idea what they are talking about.

That just proves to me that you have no idea how to play objective games. With every post you make, I'm left scratching my head why Bungie/343 listen to idiots like you.

Let me tell you what its like to play Objective in Halo nowadays, its me and some sad other guy going after the objectives while everyone else is farming kills not giving a rats -Yoink- about the team.

There are times where i see team mates passing by out flag and not even bothering to recover it. So don't you -Yoinking!- dare to question my effort in Objective modes since most of the times im the only one going for it.
sounds like you need to stop teaming with randoms in objective games. i dunno why you would anyway...teamwork is usually lacking in that area....in my experience anyway.
This made me vomit.
OP please tell me, what was your highest rank in Halo 2/3?
So it's better to challenge someone who has BR, Snipe, Beam, Carbine, Rockets or whatever when you have an SMG? Such a limited statement.

I can tell, without looking, that over 75% of you kids who are for SMG/AR starts, fall in to one of these three categories:

Never made a 50 in H3, have a negative overall KD, or your "best" game is Reach/H4.

Kids, it's not a coincidence that all the pro Halo players always do customs with BR/Pistol starts. It's not a coincidence they always use the BR in Matchmaking. But hey, they're -Yoink- and don't know how to play the game properly, man! But I guess MLG back in the day would've been much more balanced and entertaining if we saw Walshy spray SMG across Lockout at people holding Snipe/BR tower!

Your SMG/AR logic makes my brain hurt.
People don't camp? Dynamic shifts? Lmao god waypoint forums are absolutely hysterical... I LOATHE freaking SMG starts but it's a bittersweet feeling because I know I'm playing complete randoms. Especially when me and my friend have 2 of the 2 or 3 BRs on whatever map and we get snipers lmao.. I guarantee you if I played you and your little SMG friends, your team won't get any more than 15 kills on our team because you won't get near us. SMG starts are awful and 99% of the people who hate BR starts, completely suck with them.

Didn't mean to come off as an -Yoink- but this trend of "SMG start > BR start" threads are completely frivolous and asinine.
DcIhNaGv3z wrote:
People camp harder with SMG start, especially after a team has secured power weapons. Most players wont risk giving up their Rocket & Sniper, or the precious few BRs that spawn on map. Especially because their opponents are easy pickings with worthless SMGs. Most SMG start are determined in the first minute. The team that wins the opening weapon battle gets to dominate.

BR start is an action packed FPS, where everyone is trying to maintain line of sight control and flank their opponent. Power weapons are still critical to success, but just like in Halo CE, they do not dictate who wins. Rather, they are additive elements which can tip the game in your favor. A BR start allows every player to engage in meaningful combat for the duration of the entire game.

umm no...what game are you playing? OP is correct. I love the original formula and that excitement trying to go get a power weapon. always playing with BR is extremely boring
You need to understand. I often love SMG starts, sense most of my absurd dominating wins come from SMG start. Because SMG start allows me to abuse an entire team unchallenged. And I am only an average player who primarily plays solo. When a team of great players who coordinate secure on-map BRs and power weapons, the game is over. The SMG provides absolutely no means to compete against BRs and power weapons.

BR start is not "boring". Its intense. Every moment of the game is filled with people trying to vie for position, maintain critical lines of sight, and flank their opponents. SMG start is a 30 second sprint to see who can obtain early weapon control. The rest of the game is just shooting fish in a barrel.

The ONLY non-BR start game I would be willing to play is that old duels-only playlist Bungie did. Where BRs and power weapons were all removed.
People don't camp? Dynamic shifts? Lmao god waypoint forums are absolutely hysterical... I LOATHE freaking SMG starts but it's a bittersweet feeling because I know I'm playing complete randoms. Especially when me and my friend have 2 of the 2 or 3 BRs on whatever map and we get snipers lmao.. I guarantee you if I played you and your little SMG friends, your team won't get any more than 15 kills on our team because you won't get near us. SMG starts are awful and 99% of the people who hate BR starts, completely suck with them.

Didn't mean to come off as an -Yoink- but this trend of "SMG start > BR start" threads are completely frivolous and asinine.
Ahh! SOMEONE WITH A BRAIN!

Watch out though, man! They'll get you all up close and personal with those SMGs, man!

sounds like you need to stop teaming with randoms in objective games. i dunno why you would anyway...teamwork is usually lacking in that area....in my experience anyway.
None of my friends play Halo, what choice do i have other than rely on matchmaking.

I'm speaking on the facts, and the facts say that you have no idea how to play objective gametypes. Just calling it as I see it.
So it's better to challenge someone who has BR, Snipe, Beam, Carbine, Rockets or whatever when you have an SMG? Such a limited statement.

I can tell, without looking, that over 75% of you kids who are for SMG/AR starts, fall in to one of these three categories:
Never made a 50 in H3, have a negative overall KD, or your "best" game is Reach/H4.
Kids, it's not a coincidence that all the pro Halo players always do customs with BR/Pistol starts. It's not a coincidence they always use the BR in Matchmaking. But hey, they're -Yoink- and don't know how to play the game properly, man! But I guess MLG back in the day would've been much more balanced and entertaining if we saw Walshy spray SMG across Lockout at people holding Snipe/BR tower!

Your SMG/AR logic makes my brain hurt.
I wanted to argue with your statement, but it think you're along the right track. You have to take into account that we aren't pros, and I could care less what they do. I like some variety and objective and I'm denied that because the same game type on the same damn maps keeps getting picked. I shouldn't get giddy when Elongation or Relic pops up.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 33