Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Snipers should be separate.

OP iKashikoi

I think the Snipers Game mode should be it's own separate playlist and removed from the Team Arena playlists. I think it should be it's own playlist with all 4 games in it, so that people that want this mode could play. I don't know if anyone else is getting Snipers more often than usual. I don't like to complain, but I am getting a bit tired from it. What is everyone's opinion on this?
I wish it was separate to but not complaining its in the arena right now due to its only time we can play it
Still not sure why they messed up all the playlists
Yeah, I like all the other game modes I have gotten in the H2A and H3 Team Arena playlists I played. The only one I didn't like and felt out of place was Snipers. Hopefully they adjust the playlists soon.
I think it would be best if they didn't any more paylists. There are plenty of playlist right now and adding more would just split the population even further.
I disagree. I think having the game specific playlist include more game types is the way to go. MCC doesn't have a strong population at all so it can't have but so many playlist. The cross game playlist just aren't that popular as most prefer a specific Halo title since they all play so different. Halo specific titles with mixed game types will probably hold better populations and players are less likely to quit games since they are at least playing a title they like rather than a cross game playlist and they quit out every time a title they don't like comes up.
I think it would be best if they didn't any more paylists. There are plenty of playlist right now and adding more would just split the population even further.
LethalQ wrote:
I disagree. I think having the game specific playlist include more game types is the way to go. MCC doesn't have a strong population at all so it can't have but so many playlist. The cross game playlist just aren't that popular as most prefer a specific Halo title since they all play so different. Halo specific titles with mixed game types will probably hold better populations and players are less likely to quit games since they are at least playing a title they like rather than a cross game playlist and they quit out every time a title they don't like comes up.
Agree with both of these. Having all different gametypes in 1 is a necessary evil until they release the game cross play on pc to boost the population and/or put it on games with gold
It would be nice if they remove it from the arena playlist. Not much people want to play this. Not sure if it deserves its own playlist because it would split the population even more
AtP Angel wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
Agree with both of these. Having all different gametypes in 1 is a necessary evil until they release the game cross play on pc to boost the population and/or put it on games with gold
As a console player I hope to never ever see a mix of console and PC gamers in Halo. That will be the day that console gamers pretty much die. It is way to easy to hack and mod games from PC and 343 is very slow at fixing issues. It would definitely be the end of a level playing field.
iKashikoi wrote:
I think the Snipers Game mode should be it's own separate playlist and removed from the Team Arena playlists. I think it should be it's own playlist with all 4 games in it, so that people that want this mode could play. I don't know if anyone else is getting Snipers more often than usual. I don't like to complain, but I am getting a bit tired from it. What is everyone's opinion on this?
Agreed it should have its own playlist. I highly disagree with your advocating for a cross game playlist as a solution. Games should either get an exclusive playlist or not make the cut at all. Period
STOMPDOWN wrote:
iKashikoi wrote:
Agreed it should have its own playlist. I highly disagree with your advocating for a cross game playlist as a solution. Games should either get an exclusive playlist or not make the cut at all. Period
I mentioned the crossplay because I played H3, H2A and they both had snipers. I assume, that snipers is also included in the other team arena playlists.So, which is why I think for people that really want to play snipers, it would be good to have that as one of the few crossplay, since it would only be the snipers focused. These are just my thoughts on this.
Sticks out like a sore thumb. I could do without.
STOMPDOWN wrote:
iKashikoi wrote:
Why not cross game? Then we stuck playing same maps
STOMPDOWN wrote:
iKashikoi wrote:
Why not cross game? Then we stuck playing same maps
Cause cross games dilute the playlist. Common sense. And no one wants to be forced or stuck playing other games.
FYI: MCC Playlist Update: 9/26/18

Quote:
Team Snipers
This week we are changing out our rotational hopper Team Snipers to replace the Halo 2 Classic Team SWAT. This cross-game playlist consists of sniper modes for all Halo titles in the Master Chief Collection. To participate in this one you will need to have all Halo multiplayer content installed.

Mode and Weighting Changes
Based on collective feedback from players active across all Team Arena hoppers, the Team Sniper variants have been removed at this time. This change impacts the following playlists.
  • HCE Team Arena
  • H2C Team Arena
  • H2A Team Arena
  • H3 Team Arena
  • H4 Team Arena
Well now snipers is a separate playlist but wait!! Its crossed again! And with no voting to top it off. Also, H3 sniper hill still? Really? Never existed before 343 touched it.

I can’t do it anymore. How do you explain and deliver feedback to a company that has zero pulse on the community or how to run this game. It’s like talking to a wall. Its absolute insanity how clueless they are. 3 steps forward 43 back.