Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

so, all my time is useless?

OP htimS

So the time I spent ranking up in playlists are gone now? I have to start from 1 again? What about the people who got 50? Where BTB, swat, dubs??
Yeah.... Unfortunately they got rid of most of the playlists and replaced them with hardcore ranked playlists with everyone reset to 1. The only thing that remains is the Highest skill achieved on your profile.

Also, RIP any sort of casual play in matchmaking.
Yeah, seriously. I am a very competitive gamer so that isnt a big issue for me, but not everyone is. Where is the old style of gaming, where a group of friends hooked up a bunch of consoles, ate pizza and played BTB? Really disappointed with that. Also, no voting. cmon. other than that, great update.
I think the ranking just straight broken before so they decided to wipe everything clean for the re-launch.

In terms of the social playlists, those are coming over the next week once things get a bit more stable and it launches on game pass on Saturday.
Yeah.... Unfortunately they got rid of most of the playlists and replaced them with hardcore ranked playlists with everyone reset to 1. The only thing that remains is the Highest skill achieved on your profile.

No not rip
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-update
If you have read through the article, the team said this:
Quote:
Since it will take time for this massive game update to propagate and broadly roll out, the initial playlist offerings will be limited to help ensure that players can still find matches and have a positive experience.

In the coming days, as more players install the update, the title arrives on Xbox Game Pass, and the online population grows - MCC’s Matchmaking Playlists will expand to the following:
Don't lose all hope.The update just needs to reach enough people so you can play in those playlists.

No not rip
Are those casual playlists in the build as it stands now?
Having the all the ranks reset was a good thing. With the new rank and party matching restrictions in place, the number will actually have some meaning again.
htimS wrote:
So the time I spent ranking up in playlists are gone now? I have to start from 1 again? What about the people who got 50? Where BTB, swat, dubs??
Yeah, and this results in borderline MLG lords getting in games with people who really shouldn’t be paired with them due to a skill gap. Last few games have been incredibly one sided.
htimS wrote:
Yeah, and this results in borderline MLG lords getting in games with people who really shouldn’t be paired with them due to a skill gap. Last few games have been incredibly one sided.
Think of it as a season reset in H5.
With the drastic changes in playlists, and how the matchmaking works, it only makes sense to reset everyone.

Also, as people get through their first 20 or so matches, the herd will thin out a little, and those pros will jump ahead faster than the rest of us. No way to get around it really.
htimS wrote:
Yeh seems it, had the same happen with Doom 16 a while back...not sure why devs thinks this is ok thing to do but it be more annoying if they did the same to Reach or H5 since those take forever to rank up.

No not rip
"Rip" for few days not good ol permanent rip

No not rip
Rip for few days not permanent rip
We will see. Not sure we'll be seeing Infection, Griffball, action sack and the like aside from rotated playlists.

Also, still no Halo 1/2 classic free for all playlist?
They’ve already addressed the playlists multiple times. September 1st we will be getting another group of playlists added.

No one knows if returning playlists will keep your previous rank or not.

For those saying they’re competitive gamers, let me say that MCC ranks were the least competitive ranks in Halo we’ve had the opportunity to achieve. You could literally play level 5’s every game to achieve a 50. It’s now adjusted so that find people within your skill range to create an actual rank and competitive system again.
On another note, it seems my ranks haven't been reset yet on waypoint...
AshamanND wrote:
htimS wrote:
Think of it as a season reset in H5.
With the drastic changes in playlists, and how the matchmaking works, it only makes sense to reset everyone.

Also, as people get through their first 20 or so matches, the herd will thin out a little, and those pros will jump ahead faster than the rest of us. No way to get around it really.
Agreed. Time needs to pass; high level players will get a good rank that separate them from good players, normal, medium and so.
Nadesicle wrote:
They’ve already addressed the playlists multiple times. September 1st we will be getting another group of playlists added.

For those saying they’re competitive gamers, let me say that MCC ranks were the least competitive ranks in Halo we’ve had the opportunity to achieve. You could literally play level 5’s every game to achieve a 50. It’s now adjusted so that find people within your skill range to create an actual rank and competitive system again.
Don't forget that some 50's people were actual professionals, and if they're rank 1 again, they'll be matched with new players, who are rank 1-2 too, which is obviously completely unfair. However, when high level players play some matches and time pass, the situation will be balanced (people will find players similar to their skill level), so your last statement won't be true until then. There's only one improvement in the balance yet: the party matching.
Nadesicle wrote:

Don't forget that some 50's people were actual professionals, and if they're rank 1 again, they'll be matched with new players, who are rank 1-2 too, which is obviously completely unfair. However, when high level players play some matches and time pass, the situation will be balanced (people will find players similar to their skill level), so your last statement won't be true until then. There's only one improvement in the balance yet: the party matching.
The reset is given, and it's the same way with every game that comes out. Sadly, it's the only way that the game can be evenly matched out again. I personally feel it's the lesser of 2 evils being reset and now earning my 50 back in a proper ranking system.
Nadesicle wrote:
Nadesicle wrote:

The reset is given, and it's the same way with every game that comes out. Sadly, it's the only way that the game can be evenly matched out again. I personally feel it's the lesser of 2 evils being reset and now earning my 50 back in a proper ranking system.
Yes, there isn't another way. Hopefully people will get a high rank fastly so new players won't be completely destroyed as soon as they install and try the game.
Nadesicle wrote:
Nadesicle wrote:

Yes, there isn't another way. Hopefully people will get a high rank fastly so new players won't be completely destroyed as soon as they install and try the game.
I myself am a 50 high from both original Halo 3 and MCC (even though I got booted out of matches and it went down to a 48 lol). It shouldn't be to long to move up and advance in the ranks. I've only played a few games and have already achieved a 10. I say give it a few more weeks with returning and new players coming back after MCC gets released on Sept 1st and people playing a bunch of games. It should even out and then the game will be enjoyable for everyone again.