Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

So ... Halo MCC ranked pretty much dead or what ??

OP AnNoYiNgSoUnDXx

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I dont know what it is but... a few months / updates ago there was no problem at all finding ranked games espeacialy for Halo 3. Now , searching at various times and days i rarely seem to find a match. When i find a match in a thousend years , just like in casual i almost all the time get connected to US East 2 even though i am in europe. Why is it so ... did they break something ? did the competetive community move to casaul ? i like to hear some opinions whats wrong or what might be my issiue. for info since the rank reset i didnt played very much ranked but my current ranks are 13 in H3 arena, 2 in H3 Hardcore ( MLG ) , .
I’m in the United States and I can’t find ranked games either. I stick to social games.
I'm in UK, England and only get connected to us East for some reason, quite annoying
To me it feels dead. The only ranked games I can find on my own are H3 Hardcore.
Yea I ant find anything, I just stick to social, but hopefully when invasion comes it will have a good population on it.
It’s just everyone sees the updates for social and would rather play that, also I think not many people want to get sweaty anymore for this I’m on west coast and last night I was streaming trying to find h3 hardcore and could not all night so I think everyone is just on social now.
Honestly, it's not worth it to grind a rank and lost it eventually due to playlists rotations/permanent removal (such as arena). As they're now, they're just playlist clones of parts of the collection (doesn't even feature Halo 4) that don't offer any real rewards (I'd suggest to save your last highest rank even if the playlist is deleted, like many others have said before).

Not only that, the situation is not balanced by any means; skill and party matching are completely chaotic due to a practically non-existant playerbase (it was a matter of time to happen this problem since the decision of splitting up the Composer and Ranked) . That plus the lack of any vote/veto system to offer players some choice over gametypes makes it a waste of time.

In fact, the Composer provided a much more appealing and varied ecosystem that everyone liked since the addition of it. You can play exclusively whatever you want. If this games are going to keep the ranked section, it must be included into the Match Composer to concentrate population in one place and to allow even matches. The social skill parameters were a great step, just continue (How to recreate ranked). And the upcoming overall experience system is going to outclass it even more if it persists in the same state, unfortunately.
Competetive are almost death, with luck I find a match. We need ranks in social, because is a little boring play without have a rank.
Slayerkodi wrote:
I'm in UK, England and only get connected to us East for some reason, quite annoying
Incredibly so, happens to me too, every time.
Tintreg wrote:
Slayerkodi wrote:
Same here.

They need to address that or find a solution.
I find myself not wanting to play because of the horrible connection.
'Competitive Games' does not have a very healthy population, unfortunately.
Only ranked matches I can get are CE and H3 after about 10 minutes of searching. Real shame cause I would love to play H2A ranked.
Azzurroi wrote:
Tintreg wrote:
Slayerkodi wrote:
Same here.

They need to address that or find a solution.
I find myself not wanting to play because of the horrible connection.
This is why I stopped playing for a while because the lag is stupid
I have been finding ranked matches almost immediately for H3 Hardcore, but I can't for the life of me find a match in any of the other ranked playlists, it's very odd.

I wish 343 would change the way the playlists work, I would love to have a goal to reach, the idea of making it to a 50 in a ranked playlist in MCC doesn't give me (or pretty much anyone else by the sounds of things) that feeling of it being worth the grind. I think even after Reach has been out for almost 10 damn years, the idea of going back and grinding to Inheritor seems more appealing.... And that isn't a good thing in my opinion. That thought shouldn't even be crossing my mind. For a game that has so much money and effort going into it as of late, MCC should have more of a goal to reach, and it just isn't there.

Gone are the days of MCC ranked. Also, am I mistaken, or did they once announce in a past update that you would only be able to find matches in your country?
Honestly, it's not worth it to grind a rank and lost it eventually due to playlists rotations/permanent removal (such as arena). As they're now, they're just playlist clones of parts of the collection (doesn't even feature Halo 4) that don't offer any real rewards (I'd suggest to save your last highest rank even if the playlist is deleted, like many others have said before).

Not only that, the situation is not balanced by any means; skill and party matching are completely chaotic due to a practically non-existant playerbase (it was a matter of time to happen this problem since the decision of splitting up the Composer and Ranked) . That plus the lack of any vote/veto system to offer players some choice over gametypes makes it a waste of time.

In fact, the Composer provided a much more appealing and varied ecosystem that everyone liked since the addition of it. You can play exclusively whatever you want. If this games are going to keep the ranked section, it must be included into the Match Composer to concentrate population in one place and to allow even matches. The social skill parameters were a great step, just continue (How to recreate ranked). And the upcoming overall experience system is going to outclass it even more if it persists in the same state, unfortunately.
Exactly why I won't play anymore. When they did the recent update I got to like level 21 in a few playlists and couldn't find any games after, so I waited a few weeks and played H5 some more. I come back and the playlists are gone....plus with the new update coming, no point now
the problems with ranked play is it's not really "ranked" sure theres a number next to our name but it literally means nothing/holds no weight.

There's so many issues with matchmaking yet all the feedback goes unanswered.

but hey at least we got that super cool action sack update right
the problems with ranked play is it's not really "ranked" sure theres a number next to our name but it literally means nothing/holds no weight.

There's so many issues with matchmaking yet all the feedback goes unanswered.

but hey at least we got that super cool action sack update right
yeah i noticed that too. like srs casual matches are often better balanced then ranked. the most ranked matches i played is one team fast controlling all strategic points and power weapons while the other is basicly trapped and killed in spawn and game ends with like 15-50 results or something simillar
I haven't tried the others but it usually takes me about 2-5 minutes of searching in H3 Team Hardcore before getting into a match at the start of the day. If I continue searching after the games, sometimes I get paired for another match in less than a minute. I haven't tried the others simply because Halo 3 is what's being played in the tournaments nowadays so can't comment on those ones.
I'm in US east It can be a wait but I can usually find a game unless it's past midnight than its almost dead.
This is why I have no idea why any Xbox players would not want cross platform play with PC. Finding competitve games on Xbox is extremely difficult, especially if you are like me and want to play Halo 2 ranked.
Xbox NEEDS cross platform play to have any chance at surviving. Who cares if your rank is not as high due to cross platform play? I would rather be a few levels lower due to the skill gap between the inputs so I can at least find games lol. People arguing against cross platform play must just want to never play ranked at all....
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2