I love all the halos but I really want to play a version of BTB on just halo 1 and 2. So in the new MCC update coming up, can I limit my matchmaking for BTB by just downloading only those 2 games?
That’s one option. I also believe the update will include the option to search in playlists for only one game, eg., search for BTB for only CE or only Halo 2.
I love all the halos but I really want to play a version of BTB on just halo 1 and 2. So in the new MCC update coming up, can I limit my matchmaking for BTB by just downloading only those 2 games?
No - for cross-game playlists, you have to have all the required games installed. The cross-game playlist will feature Halo CE, Halo 2, Halo 2 Anniversary and Halo 4. Unless you have those installed, you will not be allowed to search in the playlist.

tuhin94 wrote:
That’s one option. I also believe the update will include the option to search in playlists for only one game, eg., search for BTB for only CE or only Halo 2.
Kind of true, but not fully. It's true that there will be a lot of individual game playlists, but for cross-game playlists, you must have all the required games installed. You won't be able to find a standalone BTB playlist for CE and Halo 2 when this update drops.
There's always the option for custom games. While Matchmaking doesn't currently have an option to narrow down the searches, the big patch that's coming is supposed to enable a custom games browser so you can find other people playing the same types of games you're looking for
No, it's not dependent on the games you install. It's limited by the playlists you select.
Postums wrote:
No, it's not dependent on the games you install. It's limited by the playlists you select.
Ah I see. Thank you! When can we expect the update to release?
Postums wrote:
soon.
Postums wrote:
Postums wrote:
soon.
Gods speed sir! We believe in you!
Postums wrote:
Any day now. They claimed they were almost done nearly 2 weeks ago.
Postums wrote:
Any day now. They claimed they were almost done nearly 2 weeks ago.
Couple weeks is more then likely, since the last MCC Insiders just joined yesterday. The reason I say this is once the first update goes live the Insider program will be replaced with a Test Program instead to test new features and potential new content.
Honestly if this update doesn't do something about cross game playlist it will be a 💯 percent failure IMO